PDA

View Full Version : IC II Noncivilized World: Warning in Blood

CWater
2016-03-02, 08:53 PM
Sun is setting on the horizon once again, filling the sky with sharp colours and giving the land new shades where the last rays reach. But on the slopes of Fiery Maw, the western peak of the Suojella mountains, a fierce battle rages on and paints the ground red with more than just light.

”DIE!”, the giant bellows and stabs at Aidan again.
Attack1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If the first attack drops Aidan, the second is aimed at Dw2.
Attack2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

The first attack is merciless, puncturing a lung and leaving the ranger with a new deep hole in his chest. But miraculously he is still standing and also manages to dodge the next blow that would surely have ended his life.

The man in the weirdest armour runs to Asha and swings his club.
Club: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

But the binder has faster reflexes and jumps out of the way.

CWater
2016-03-02, 09:03 PM
The woman spins around and claws at the remaining dwarf.
Claw1: [roll0]

Claw2: [roll2]

She lands a hit, but the dwarf remains standing.

The last man runs towards the wounded giant, taking out a wand from his pocket and attempts to activate it, but it doesn't seem to work.
UMD: [roll4] VS DC 20
if successful:
[roll5]

With Kashen stabilised, Taesha stands up again, just in time to see Aidan being almost struck down. ”What is wrong with you all?!” She charges at the giant calling out her claws.

AoO: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Taesha’s attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

The giant spear leaves a deep cut in Taesha's back as she runs towards her, though the warrior also slashes a new cut to the huge fighter, who is starting to look worn out after taking so many hits. The human woman glances at Taesha as she runs past, and is about to strike too, but hesitates just enough to lose her change, her eyes widening in recognition. "Taesha?"

Few enough allies left, that I think I’ll combine the blocks. Whole party’s turn.
Dark grey mass is the mountain, and red (unsurprisingly) the lava. Lighter grey is the tunnel (where the party currently is), and the random darker grey squares represent larger stones. They grant cover if you crouch, but not otherwise.
This site is also a hill, which means that every row of squares is on lower elevation than those north of them. You can charge downhill, or sideways (or in any angle between them) with a Balance DC 11. Failed check means you move just your normal speed. If failed by 5 or more, you also trip.

D1 is the young dwarf, Dc is a dwarven caster and Dw2 is the remaining dwarf fighter. There are also several bodies on the ground, dead and/or dying (not drawn), let me know if you are curious about them.
H1-H4 are humans, G is the giant, Remember that Huge creatures have 15 ft. reach!
H2 is the one Taesha called Kashen, and who is unconscious.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_12_7_zpsiwi77gtv.png

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-02, 11:17 PM
Lily bared her teeth as the giant began to show weakness, firing again.

Attack the giant! (Point-blank shot in use)
Attack: [roll0] (-4 from firing into melee)
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Etherion
2016-03-03, 12:39 AM
On his last legs, Aidan launches a final, furious assault on the giant.

Chop chop
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

CWater
2016-03-03, 03:33 AM
Lily's arrow strikes true and causes the giant to stagger. Aidan is bleeding badly, but he sees an opening and slashes fiercely with the axes, this time cutting deep enough to hit an artery in the giants upper leg. The blood loss finally to great, the giants stumbles and collapses to the ground.

Giant on the negatives!

Athedia
2016-03-04, 01:33 AM
Asha dropped her sling, switching to her spear. Staring at the man in front of her she angrily growled. "I wanted to kill it. Now Fear is hungry." As she spoke she thrust the spear forward, the command and her will causing it to grow as she stabbed.

Attacking H1. Command word "Fear" (swift action) and changing it from Shortspear to Spear

Attack: [roll0]

Rathgar
2016-03-04, 02:29 AM
Tuntematon
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 15
HP 34/34, Blurred (3 Rounds Remaining)
Initial Position AB7, Ending Position Y9

The centaur saw that Aiden was truly struggling. "Hold on, Aiden, I've got more help for you!" Tuntematon then trotted over to his side, drew his magic reindeer antler, and quickly waved it at his wounds.

Actions:
Move Action: Move to Y9 while drawing Wand of Cure Light Wounds
Standard Action: Activate Wand of Cure Light Wounds, targeting Aiden

Rolls:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

CWater
2016-03-04, 03:04 PM
Asha dropped her sling, switching to her spear. Staring at the man in front of her she angrily growled. "I wanted to kill it. Now Fear is hungry." As she spoke she thrust the spear forward, the command and her will causing it to grow as she stabbed.

Attacking H1. Command word "Fear" (swift action) and changing it from Shortspear to Spear

The attack is not bad, but it is blocked by the sturdy armour.

Kanok drops his bow and runs into melee, activating his force shield and using the enchanted club to strike the man Asha is fighting.

But his attack likewise bounces harmlessly off his armour.

Stiira takes a step forward and throws a second orb of cold at the man behind the fallen giant.

Ranged touch: [roll2]

That's for piercing my arm, the witch thinks when the sphere hits the man in the chest and he yelps in pain.

Unwilling to approach the battle too much, the priestess reaches for Stiira and cures the witch’s arm.

[roll4]

The dwarven cleric draws a small hammer from her belt, but doesn’t engage in battle at present. The remaining warrior however, continues to fight despite his heavy wounds and aims his axe at the woman that clawed him.

Attack: [roll5] flanking with Aidan
Damage: [roll6]
But there's no strength left in his arms.

CWater
2016-03-04, 03:10 PM
”You will not stop us!”, shouts the man fighting Asha and Kanok, and lunges at the former, the jaws of his armour snapping again.
Club: [roll0]

Bite: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] acid

She manages to dodge the appendages, but his club scrapes at her shoulder.

The woman continues to claw at the dwarf.
Claw1: [roll5]

If the first attack drops the dwarf, the second is aimed at Aidan.
Claw2: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Her second strike has blood spurting from his neck and the dwarf falls to the ground.

The man in the back makes another attempt at using the wand on the giant. ”Get up!”
UMD: [roll9] VS DC 20
if successful:
[roll10]
He is less than successful once again.

”Your giant is down! Stop, I don’t want to fight you!”, Taesha screams.

Party’s turn.
Dark grey mass is the mountain, and red (unsurprisingly) the lava. Lighter grey is the tunnel (where the party currently is), and the random darker grey squares represent larger stones. They grant cover if you crouch, but not otherwise.
This site is also a hill, which means that every row of squares is on lower elevation than those north of them. You can charge downhill, or sideways (or in any angle between them) with a Balance DC 11. Failed check means you move just your normal speed. If failed by 5 or more, you also trip.

D1 is the young dwarf and Dc is the dwarven caster. There are also several bodies on the ground, dead and/or dying (not drawn), let me know if you are curious about them.
H1-H4 are humans, G is the unconscious giant, you can move over the squares it occupies normally, except for the one in the centre X12, which has double movement cost.
H2 is the one called Kashen, and who is also unconscious.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_12_8_zps3u9jbjka.png

Etherion
2016-03-04, 08:16 PM
Aidan nods his thanks towards Tuntematon, and then turns his attention towards the enemy next to him.

hitting h3
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Rathgar
2016-03-06, 01:37 PM
Tuntematon
HP 34/34, Blurred (2 Rounds Remaining)
Starting Position Y9, Ending Position Y16

Seeing the man in the back trying to revive or otherwise raise the giant, Tuntematon desperately tried to stop him. The prophet galloped around the large rock to behind the man, where he launched the last of his three stone discs at the man.

Actions:
Move Action: Move from Y9 to Y16, total movement 65 ft.
Standard Action: Attack with sling

Rolls:
Attack With Sling [roll0]
Critical Confirmation (If Needed): [roll1]
Damage With Sling: [roll2]
Extra Critical Damage (If Needed): [roll3]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-06, 06:10 PM
When the giant went down, Lily simply turned to the next nearest target and continued shooting.

Attack H3: [roll0] (-4 from firing into melee)

Damage: [roll]1d8+3

Athedia
2016-03-06, 09:55 PM
Kanok swung the club down at the man again.

Attacking H1

Stiira cast a final orb at the man behind the now fallen giant.

Attacking H4
Attack (Touch): [roll2]

Asha grew her spear once again and carefully stepped forward, pointing it at the giant. "You heal her and she goes down again. I promise."

Swift action to grew spear to longspear
5-foot step to W9
ready action to attack giant if it is healed

Athedia
2016-03-06, 09:56 PM
Kanok realized clubs could cause a lot of damage.
Damage: [roll0]

CWater
2016-03-09, 04:42 PM
All the party’s attacks are accurate, weakening their enemies. Kanok hits the man with force knocking him down.

Asha grew her spear once again and carefully stepped forward, pointing it at the giant. "You heal her and she goes down again. I promise."

Swift action to grew spear to longspear
5-foot step to W9
ready action to attack giant if it is healed

The man in the back looks back at Asha, glances quickly around and makes the decision to run. He has to circle around Tuntematon and the hill is steep, which also slows him.

The woman fighting Aidan grimaces as the axes cut her deep, and seeing her ally fall and the other flee chooses to run as well.
Double move and Withdrawal for these two.

The dwarven cleric hurries to the warriors who recently fell, to see if either are alive. One of them still breathes, if very weakly, and she starts to hastily bind his wounds, though her hands are shaking.
Heal: [roll0]

Other stuff:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Party’s turn.

D1 is the young dwarf, Dc is the dwarven caster and Dw2 is an unconscious warrior. There are also several bodies on the ground, dead and/or dying (not drawn), let me know if you are curious about them.
H3 and H4 are running, G is the fallen giant.
H2 is the one Taesha called Kashen, and who is unconscious, as is H1, though he’s also dying.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_12_9_zps7hae4ysl.png

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-10, 09:19 PM
A

The man in the back looks back at Asha, glances quickly around and makes the decision to run. He has to circle around Tuntematon and the hill is steep, which also slows him.

The woman fighting Aidan grimaces as the axes cut her deep, and seeing her ally fall and the other flee chooses to run as well.
Double move and Withdrawal for these two.

Lily doesn't think, just acts as she runs after the fleeing human and fires an arrow at their back.

Move action: Move to AC 15

Attack H3: [roll0]

CWater
2016-03-11, 04:48 AM
Lily doesn't think, just acts as she runs after the fleeing human and fires an arrow at their back.

Move action: Move to AC 15

Attack H3: [roll0]

The arrow hits the fleeing human in the back and she falls down to the ground.

Rathgar
2016-03-12, 12:36 PM
Tuntematon
HP 34/34, Blurred (1 Round Remaining)
Starting Position Y16, Ending Position AA9

Having seen that the enemy is effectively routed, Tuntematon rushed back to tend to the wounded.

Actions:
Move Action: Move 55 ft. to AA9
Standard Action: Cast Lesser Vigor on Dw2, healing him 1 HP a round for 14 rounds
Immediate Action: Cast Close wounds on H1

Rolls:
Close Wounds: [roll0]
Balance (If Needed): [roll1]

CWater
2016-03-12, 04:55 PM
Tuntematon
HP 34/34, Blurred (1 Round Remaining)
Starting Position Y16, Ending Position AA9

Having seen that the enemy is effectively routed, Tuntematon rushed back to tend to the wounded.

Actions:
Move Action: Move 55 ft. to AA9
Standard Action: Cast Lesser Vigor on Dw2, healing him 1 HP a round for 14 rounds
Immediate Action: Cast Close wounds on H1

Rolls:
Close Wounds: [roll0]
Balance (If Needed): [roll1]

It's a normal move action, so there is no penalty to movement. :)

The dwarven cleric breaths a sigh of relief when the magic stops the warrior's wounds from bleeding.

The man Kanok knocked down opens his eyes and looks around hastily.

Athedia
2016-03-14, 02:10 AM
Asha looked at the fleeing man. She didn't have much time before Andras pulled her away from fighting. "Don't flee! You will die out there alone." Shrugging she shrunk Fear and walked over to examine the giant. Poking it with her foot she asked the dwarves. "Should I kill it? I mean she will probably just start killing again when she wakes up. I don't think rope is strong enough for giants."

CWater
2016-03-14, 06:22 PM
Asha looked at the fleeing man. She didn't have much time before Andras pulled her away from fighting. "Don't flee! You will die out there alone." Shrugging she shrunk Fear and walked over to examine the giant. Poking it with her foot she asked the dwarves. "Should I kill it? I mean she will probably just start killing again when she wakes up. I don't think rope is strong enough for giants."
If the man hears Asha, he pays no attention to her words. The dwarven cleric eyes the giant darkly. "Yes, best finish it. We have no way to hold a monster like that."

Taesha approaches the other man who just woke up and clearly considers continuing the fight. "Kharan! Stop it already, and tell me what are you doing here?!", she shouts.
"I could ask you the same, Taesha. Though I guess it's no surprise that you would turn against the clan." The man glares at Taesha, but doesn't rise or reach for his club at this time.

An Intimidate or Diplomacy check might be good to back Taesha up here. Or you can knock the guy out again, or whatever else you choose.

Those with bows, I'd like to know if you're going to try to stop the last man or let him run? Otherwise, I think this combat is ready to wrap up.

Athedia
2016-03-14, 07:00 PM
If the man hears Asha, he pays no attention to her words. The dwarven cleric eyes the giant darkly. "Yes, best finish it. We have no way to hold a monster like that."

Taesha approaches the other man who just woke up and clearly considers continuing the fight. "Kharan! Stop it already, and tell me what are you doing here?!", she shouts.
"I could ask you the same, Taesha. Though I guess it's no surprise that you would turn against the clan." The man glares at Taesha, but doesn't rise or reach for his club at this time.

An Intimidate or Diplomacy check might be good to back Taesha up here. Or you can knock the guy out again, or whatever else you choose.

Those with bows, I'd like to know if you're going to try to stop the last man or let him run? Otherwise, I think this combat is ready to wrap up.

Asha nodded and pointed her spear at the back of the giant's neck. "<Giant> Go now into the beyond. May your ancestors guide your spirit.</Giant>" She thrust the spear down quickly killing the giant.

Auto attack and crit x3
Damage: [roll0]

If the giant survives that then there is a fort save of DC 10+damage dealt or die

Athedia
2016-03-14, 07:06 PM
Shaking her spear free of the giant's neck she turned toward Kharan. Blood ran down the shaft of the spear as she stalked toward the man. "Taesha didn't betray anyone. She has been sent a message by the Ancestors to protect the world. I would suggest you do not threaten her."

Intimidate: [roll0]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-16, 12:20 AM
Lily trotted after the final fleeing man as fast as her short legs would allow, firing off three shots before she suddenly realized how very difficult her bow was to draw. She sat down on the ground for a moment with her eyes closed, willing her stomach not to rebel.

Repeated each round: Move 30' closer, and attack
Range penalties, aside from that incurred from not being within 30', have not been applied.
1.)

2.)
Attack: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]

3.)
Attack: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

4.) Exit rage. Lily is sickened.

CWater
2016-03-18, 11:10 AM
Shaking her spear free of the giant's neck she turned toward Kharan. Blood ran down the shaft of the spear as she stalked toward the man. "Taesha didn't betray anyone. She has been sent a message by the Ancestors to protect the world. I would suggest you do not threaten her."

Intimidate: [roll0]
Kharan glares at Asha in turn but doesn't reach for the club. Instead, Taesha picks it up and Kanok points his spear at the man's neck. "Best stay where you are."

Lily trotted after the final fleeing man as fast as her short legs would allow, firing off three shots before she suddenly realized how very difficult her bow was to draw. She sat down on the ground for a moment with her eyes closed, willing her stomach not to rebel.

Repeated each round: Move 30' closer, and attack
Range penalties, aside from that incurred from not being within 30', have not been applied.
1.)

2.)

3.)
Attack: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

4.) Exit rage. Lily is sickened.

Lily's first arrow is accurate and the man stumbles and falls down. The dwarven cleric nods, but Taesha looks less pleased. "What did you do that for?!", she shouts angrily and runs after the humans who tried to escape that now lie unmoving on the ground. The cleric also gets up and starts looking through the bodies on the battlefield, trying to see if any more of the dwarves could yet be saved.

The two who tried to run are about 100 ft. apart. The woman is almost next to Lily, Taesha is heading towards her.

Athedia
2016-03-18, 11:29 AM
Kharan glares at Asha in turn but doesn't reach for the club. Instead, Taesha picks it up and Kanok points his spear at the man's neck. "Best stay where you are."

Lily's first arrow is accurate and the man stumbles and falls down. The dwarven cleric nods, but Taesha looks less pleased. "What did you do that for?!", she shouts angrily and runs after the humans who tried to escape that now lie unmoving on the ground. The cleric also gets up and starts looking through the bodies on the battlefield, trying to see if any more of the dwarves could yet be saved.

The two who tried to run are about 100 ft. apart. The woman is almost next to Lily, Taesha is heading towards her.

"They attacked first. Lily did the right thing. We offered them a chance to surrender NOT a chance to run. Did you want them to bring another giant?"

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-18, 06:10 PM

Lily looked down at the woman she shot in the back, then up at Taesha, and repeated the action a few times. "She was going to run," Lily said, as if that fact should explain everything.

"They attacked first. Lily did the right thing. We offered them a chance to surrender NOT a chance to run. Did you want them to bring another giant?"

"Or they just would have died in the wilds, wounded and alone. I saved their lives!" After saying this, Lily thinks for a moment, then bends down to check if the woman nearest to her is in fact alive.

CWater
2016-03-20, 12:47 PM
Lily looked down at the woman she shot in the back, then up at Taesha, and repeated the action a few times. "She was going to run," Lily said, as if that fact should explain everything.

"Or they just would have died in the wilds, wounded and alone. I saved their lives!" After saying this, Lily thinks for a moment, then bends down to check if the woman nearest to her is in fact alive.

She is still breathing if bleeding, and the colour of her skin is quickly turning pale. "Saved?! You could have killed them!" Taesha kneels down to help her. "And I know them all!"

The dwarven cleric finds a second dwarf that is still alive, and starts binding her wounds.

The human priestess approaches Aidan. "I don't know many humans who would have fought a giant head-on and live to tell about it. You are very lucky." She casts a spell to heal his wounds that are not small.

To Aidan: [roll0]
He's now at 36/41.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-20, 08:39 PM
She is still breathing if bleeding, and the colour of her skin is quickly turning pale. "Saved?! You could have killed them!" Taesha kneels down to help her. "And I know them all!"
.[/SPOILER]

Lily's eyes go wide. "Oh. I didn't think of that." She kneels down, places one hand on her belt and the other on the unconscious woman. "Please wake up!"

Using one charge: [roll0]

Etherion
2016-03-20, 10:01 PM
As Aidan's wounds close, he speaks to the priestess.
Thank you. And as for fighting the giant, someone needed to.

CWater
2016-03-21, 05:42 PM
Lily's eyes go wide. "Oh. I didn't think of that." She kneels down, places one hand on her belt and the other on the unconscious woman. "Please wake up!"

Using one charge: [roll0]

The woman opens her eyes and groans. She's about to sit up, but Taesha pushes her back. "No. Don't move, first I will have answers." She looks back at Lily, her expression relaxing a little. "I- Thank you. Could you go check on Laes? Him, I mean." She points towards the last man Lily dropped.

As Aidan's wounds close, he speaks to the priestess.
Thank you. And as for fighting the giant, someone needed to.

"I'm sure these dwarves thought the same", the priestess eyes the many corpses lying about, "Yet they were less fortunate." She turns to nod at Asha, then glances back at Aidan. "We didn't meet in good circumstances, but you are reasonable people. Can't we end this pointless hostility? And can I have my goddess' symbol back?" She looks at Tuntematon in turn.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-21, 07:08 PM
The woman opens her eyes and groans. She's about to sit up, but Taesha pushes her back. "No. Don't move, first I will have answers." She looks back at Lily, her expression relaxing a little. "I- Thank you. Could you go check on Laes? Him, I mean." She points towards the last man Lily dropped.

Lily nods nervously and trots off to the last man. She bends over and heals him, without even bothering to check if he's alive or not. "Come on, come on, come on," she mutters under her breath, hoping that Laes wouldn't be too angry about the arrow currently still pincushioning his back.

Using one more charge of the healing belt.
1 charge: [roll0]

Athedia
2016-03-21, 11:12 PM
"I'm sure these dwarves thought the same", the priestess eyes the many corpses lying about, "Yet they were less fortunate." She turns to nod at Asha, then glances back at Aidan. "We didn't meet in good circumstances, but you are reasonable people. Can't we end this pointless hostility? And can I have my goddess' symbol back?" She looks at Tuntematon in turn.

"Please, Tuntematon. She did help us out and I don't think she has plans to run." Asha looked around at the corpses. "So many. Do you need help removing the bodies for your rites?"

CWater
2016-03-22, 07:23 PM
Lily nods nervously and trots off to the last man. She bends over and heals him, without even bothering to check if he's alive or not. "Come on, come on, come on," she mutters under her breath, hoping that Laes wouldn't be too angry about the arrow currently still pincushioning his back.

Using one more charge of the healing belt.
1 charge: [roll0]

The man doesn't wake up, but Lily can see the magic work. He appears stable for the moment.

Rathgar
2016-03-23, 09:40 AM
Tuntematon nodded at Asha. "Well, I guess she did have a chance to prove yourself, and she's woefully outnumbered right now." He then handed the holy symbol back to the cleric.

CWater
2016-03-24, 04:37 PM
"Please, Tuntematon. She did help us out and I don't think she has plans to run." Asha looked around at the corpses. "So many. Do you need help removing the bodies for your rites?"

"Y-yes, I believe we do...", the dwarf replies, "Actually, the tribe should be informed. That the battle is ended. And the... bodies should be moved." She has a distant look in her eyes.

"Some should stay to guard the prisoners", Kanok says not moving the spearhead from Kharan's throat, "I'll stay at least. Do you have rope?"

"I'll stay as well", Taesha says, "I have questions for them."

Tuntematon nodded at Asha. "Well, I guess she did have a chance to prove yourself, and she's woefully outnumbered right now." He then handed the holy symbol back to the cleric.

"Thank you", the priestess held the symbol tight in her hand, "I don't think I ever gave my name, it is Shuna."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-03-25, 10:22 PM
The man doesn't wake up, but Lily can see the magic work. He appears stable for the moment.

Lily sits down next to the unconscious man, kneading her temples. "You had better not attack me," she finally says, picking up her bow and using the healing belt one more time.

If he wakes up, Lily stands over him with an arrow pointed at his face. "Don't get up. Wait for Taesha."

Using the final charge: [roll0]

Intimidate: [roll1]

Rathgar
2016-03-26, 06:44 AM
"So, Shauna, let's start over with the whole line of questioning, then. What exactly was it that you were trying to do when we first encountered you?"

Athedia
2016-03-31, 02:51 PM
Asha had been examining her spear with some thought before sighing to herself and shrinking it down to sling across her back. "We know what she was doing. Hunting that man that we found. He was cursed and she said we might be cursed now. While I am grateful you helped us, you still did kill an unarmed, defenseless man. Maybe now the brute isn't breaking your fingers you can tell us why?"

CWater
2016-03-31, 04:43 PM
Lily sits down next to the unconscious man, kneading her temples. "You had better not attack me," she finally says, picking up her bow and using the healing belt one more time.

If he wakes up, Lily stands over him with an arrow pointed at his face. "Don't get up. Wait for Taesha."

Using the final charge: [roll0]

Intimidate: [roll1]

The man chooses not to try his luck. Taesha arrives and they escort him back to the others.

I'm assuming you tie them up & take their weapons (those that can be removed anyway). Do you search them as well?

"So, Shauna, let's start over with the whole line of questioning, then. What exactly was it that you were trying to do when we first encountered you?"

Asha had been examining her spear with some thought before sighing to herself and shrinking it down to sling across her back. "We know what she was doing. Hunting that man that we found. He was cursed and she said we might be cursed now. While I am grateful you helped us, you still did kill an unarmed, defenseless man. Maybe now the brute isn't breaking your fingers you can tell us why?"

"He was a heretic and as such deserved no mercy", Shuna replies coldly, "High Priestess Almara did not burden me with the details."

"The curse I spoke of...", she is quiet for a moment, carefully considering whether she should say more or not, "The curse was my own doing, created by magic given by the Goddess. Some of you might have it too now, yes. I would otherwise leave your fate for Lady Luck to decide, as is proper, but it could spread among these dwarves too now, and I think... that would not be right, after they were lucky enough to have you here to counter this attack. So I will remove the curse, if any of you have it, although I will need to pray for new magic first."

Athedia
2016-03-31, 06:30 PM
The man chooses not to try his luck. Taesha arrives and they escort him back to the others.

I'm assuming you tie them up & take their weapons (those that can be removed anyway). Do you search them as well?

"He was a heretic and as such deserved no mercy", Shuna replies coldly, "High Priestess Almara did not burden me with the details."

"The curse I spoke of...", she is quiet for a moment, carefully considering whether she should say more or not, "The curse was my own doing, created by magic given by the Goddess. Some of you might have it too now, yes. I would otherwise leave your fate for Lady Luck to decide, as is proper, but it could spread among these dwarves too now, and I think... that would not be right, after they were lucky enough to have you here to counter this attack. So I will remove the curse, if any of you have it, although I will need to pray for new magic first."

"What exactly does this curse do? And... if your heretic was anything like the followers of the Betrayer then I will take your word." Asha knelt down to search the downed opponents to make sure they had no tricks to pull out when given an opportunity.

Search: [roll0]

CWater
2016-04-03, 05:56 PM
"What exactly does this curse do? And... if your heretic was anything like the followers of the Betrayer then I will take your word." Asha knelt down to search the downed opponents to make sure they had no tricks to pull out when given an opportunity.

"It will make you lose your sense of reality, given time you will go mad and eventually lose consciousness for good", Shuna replies. "Though some recover before death, which is why I couldn't trust it would finish him."

Asha removes some daggers and hunting knives from the prisoners. She'd keep an eye on the woman with long claws though, as they can't easily be removed.

You can take 10 or even 20 if you do a thorough search, although that takes longer.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-04-04, 01:36 PM
Lily shudders at the mention of the curse, and then searches the prisoners, as well as the felled giant.

She takes care to keep well away from the woman's claws. Lily even goes so far as to use one of her arrows to poke at the woman's clothing from a safe distance.

I am unsure if this should be aid another, but Lily doesn't trust Asha to do a good job.

EDIT: I am far too amused by this result.

Rathgar
2016-04-05, 11:54 AM
After the rush of battle wore off, Tuntematon realized something and turned to the rest of the party. "Didn't we come here to talk to an oracle? Before much longer, we might need to go back in there and speak with him. Or her, as the case may be."

Athedia
2016-04-16, 01:17 AM
Asha nodded and looked back at the new prisoners. She let out a sigh, they always seemed to collect more people. "Shuna, do you mind coming with us? Taesha can keep watch over her people, and Eldien can help. But I honestly would rather you didn't flee until we had a few more answers." With that she turned and went to the younger dwarf that had led them out of the caves. "I know you know the tunnels well. I was hoping that now you have seen a battle that you would be willing to lead us to the oracle. I believe we may have at least passed a test of might with this."

Rathgar
2016-04-19, 08:01 AM
"I agree with Asha, if stopping the giant wasn't enough of a test, I don't know what will be."

CWater
2016-05-06, 12:02 PM
The young dwarf is shaken, but after some consoling she gets up on her feet and agrees to guide them inside. Asha, Tuntematon, Aidan and Lily follow her, while the others stay to guard the prisoners with the few remaining dwarves.

They pass through a maze of tunnels, twisting and turning and even the shortest of them are forced to watch their heads every now and then. After the umpteenth turn they reach a tunnel that has shining stones embedded to the wall in roughly equal intervals, forming a pattern of red, yellow and orange. Some hundred feet further in they come across a few rather young guards (though the beards make it a bit hard to tell), who look very anxious for news. They eye the party suspiciously at first, but after speaking with their guide they drop all signs of hostility. Most of the party understand little of the exchange, except for what Tuntematon translates for them, though the guards' deep relief over the thwarted threat and grief over the lives that were lost is quite obvious.

The party is soon after guided even further in to the dwarves' home, until they reach a larger cavern of uneven shape. At least four tunnels lead out from it, though there could be more out of sight behind the curving walls and pillars. It seems to act like a mix of a foyer and a storage space; many items are left leaning on the walls or piled in the corners. Shields, axes, and clubs as well as animal bones, pelts, and some other tools. Some hassle follows after their arrival, as the situation is repeatedly explained, people are fetched and sent outside to wrap and move the dead. Many dwarves hurry past the party, but while they get curious looks thrown their way, no one stops to talk, until Elkvi emerges from one of the tunnels and approaches them. He looks less serene and confident than what he did before when he invited the party to enter the maze. "I heard what happened. Dreadful, simply dreadful. I understand we have you to thank that those demons never got in. Some claim there even were giants! Is that really true?"

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-05-06, 12:13 PM
The party is soon after guided even further in to the dwarves' home, until they reach a larger cavern of uneven shape. At least four tunnels lead out from it, though there could be more behind the curving walls and pillars. It seems to act like a mix of a foyer and a storage space; many items are left leaning on the walls or piled in the corners. Shields, axes, and clubs as well as animal bones, pelts, and some other tools. Some hassle follows after their arrival, as the situation is repeatedly explained, people are fetched and sent outside to handle the dead. Many dwarves hurry past the party, but while they get curious looks thrown their way, no one stops to talk.

Until Elkvi emerges from one of the tunnels and approaches them. He looks less serene and confident than what he did before they first entered the maze. "I heard what happened. Dreadful, simply dreadful. I understand we have you to thank that those demons never got in. Some claim there even were giants! Is that really true?"

Lily shifted uncomfortably during the many conversations she could not understand, and looked distinctly relieved when Elkvi arrived. "It's true, I didn't know something that large could exist! Aidan and the pointy-" Lily caught herself just in time with a nervous glance at Asha. "Aidan and ASHA managed to kill it.

Athedia
2016-05-06, 02:20 PM
Asha looked at the halfling and shook her head. "It was all Aidan. He brought it down, I simply moved it to the next life. Elkvi, they attempted the path of knowledge, I attempted the path of will. But in protecting this shrine, I believe we have all passed the test of strength. Are we allowed to speak to the prophet now?"

Rathgar
2016-05-08, 02:25 PM
"Well, without the sacrifices of your people, I don't know if we could've done it, honestly," the centaur added.

Etherion
2016-05-11, 10:00 AM
They give me too much credit. I simply held my ground against the giant, giving all of us the time to bring it down.

CWater
2016-05-14, 01:49 PM
"However it was, the truth is that there was a giant that our prophet couldn't slay, and now it can do no more harm. For this, you have my eternal gratitude, and of the rest of the tribe", Elkvi bows to them shortly, then frowns, "We need to find out who those people are, and why did they and the giants choose to attack us", he pulls his beard "But surely the prophet will tell us all we need to know. Yes... You have earned the right for an audience, I think. Come, follow me. Let us not waste time."

He leads the party through the chamber and to a narrow tunnel that leads down bending heavily to the left. If the path wasn't also descending, it would surely feel like walking in circles. The temperature keeps rising as they go, and by the time they reach the bottom and the tunnel turns straight and level it is almost painful to breathe. Soon after the tunnel opens up to a enormous cavern, shaped like a cone that narrows towards the roof.

In the middle, some ten feet above the ground, a great ring of fire floats in the air. It is placed neither properly vertically or horizontally, but at an odd tilted angle. When Elkvi and the party step in, the flames burst to cover the whole circle and a shape that resembles the upper half of a large female humanoid rises from it, made entirely of constantly moving flames. Her exact features can't be made out, but her eyes and mouth burn in bright white flame. "Well, well", she says, "The unexpected defenders of the mountain have come, how interesting."

Athedia
2016-05-15, 11:44 PM
"However it was, the truth is that there was a giant that our prophet couldn't slay, and now it can do no more harm. For this, you have my eternal gratitude, and of the rest of the tribe", Elkvi bows to them shortly, then frowns, "We need to find out who those people are, and why did they and the giants choose to attack us", he pulls his beard "But surely the prophet will tell us all we need to know. Yes... You have earned the right for an audience, I think. Come, follow me. Let us not waste time."

He leads the party through the chamber and to a narrow tunnel that leads down bending heavily to the left. If the path wasn't also descending, it would surely feel like walking in circles. The temperature keeps rising as they go, and by the time they reach the bottom and the tunnel turns straight and level it is almost painful to breathe. Soon after the tunnel opens up to a enormous cavern, shaped like a cone that narrows towards the roof.

In the middle, some ten feet above the ground, a great ring of fire floats in the air. It is placed neither properly vertically or horizontally, but at an odd tilted angle. When Elkvi and the party step in, the flames burst to cover the whole circle and a shape that resembles the upper half of a large female humanoid rises from it, made entirely of constantly moving flames. Her exact features can't be made out, but her eyes and mouth burn in bright white flame. "Well, well", she says, "The unexpected defenders of the mountain have come, how interesting."

Asha knelt down, bowing her head. "Thank you for not consuming us in your fire. The earth prophet granted us a question each. We simply await what you will allow of us."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-05-16, 01:11 AM

Lily quickly follows suit, dropping to one knee and bowing her head in respect. When she speaks, it's in the carefully neutral tones of one walking on eggshells. "If you're the one who sent the liquid fire from the mountain's side, thank you greatly for your help." She keeps her gaze firmly focused on the floor, although she sneaks a glance every few moments at the spectacle.

Rathgar
2016-05-17, 05:04 AM
The centaur bows to the lady of flame. "As a prophet of Alnin, I too come seeking what insight you might bring, be it strange, or, as the case may unfortunately be in these dark days, earthshatteringly vital."

CWater
2016-05-18, 03:44 PM
Asha knelt down, bowing her head. "Thank you for not consuming us in your fire. The earth prophet granted us a question each. We simply await what you will allow of us."

"That old bore did? And preached the end of the world, no doubt", the fire prophet laughs, "I might grant you questions too, though know they always come at a price. Also you should know, that if I must scry the future to answer you, the flames in here will grow stronger and you might not like the experience."

Lily quickly follows suit, dropping to one knee and bowing her head in respect. When she speaks, it's in the carefully neutral tones of one walking on eggshells. "If you're the one who sent the liquid fire from the mountain's side, thank you greatly for your help." She keeps her gaze firmly focused on the floor, although she sneaks a glance every few moments at the spectacle.

"Yes, I awoke the mountain. Sadly, while strong, it lacks... precision, so not all the enemies were killed. And the remaining would have slain this dwarf clan to the last, which I would not have liked the least. So you have been very useful."

The centaur bows to the lady of flame. "As a prophet of Alnin, I too come seeking what insight you might bring, be it strange, or, as the case may unfortunately be in these dark days, earthshatteringly vital."

"Most likely it is that, or both possibly. It has been long since I last met a chosen of Alnin, sibling of the Greatest Prophet of all. Quite refreshing."

Athedia
2016-05-18, 07:45 PM
"That old bore did? And preached the end of the world, no doubt", the fire prophet laughs, "I might grant you questions too, though know they always come at a price. Also you should know, that if I must scry the future to answer you, the flames in here will grow stronger and you might not like the experience."

"Yes, I awoke the mountain. Sadly, while strong, it lacks... precision, so not all the enemies were killed. And the remaining would have slain this dwarf clan to the last, which I would not have liked the least. So you have been very useful."

"Most likely it is that, or both possibly. It has been long since I last met a chosen of Alnin, sibling of the Greatest Prophet of all. Quite refreshing."

"The earth prophet asked us to deliver this." Asha laid the stone down at the fire prophet's feet. "Would the flames also rise at a scrying of the present?"

Rathgar
2016-05-20, 12:22 AM
"If one of us must stay while you summon the flames, it should probably be me. Alnin will surly protect me as it becomes intense. Unless we are talking of the liquid fire we saw earlier, in which case I too would have to stand aside."

CWater
2016-05-28, 07:06 AM
"The earth prophet asked us to deliver this." Asha laid the stone down at the fire prophet's feet. "Would the flames also rise at a scrying of the present?"

The fire prophet makes a gesture with her hand and the stone floats up to her palm. "Why, did he? How very sweet." She grins and the rock starts to glow and melts in her hand.

"As for the flames rising, maybe. Though only if the question is hard, and I must use more of my power to seek the answer. There are things even in the now that resist being known. But I already know much about how things are and were, after all, gazing to the world outside is more entertaining than just staring at these walls."

"If one of us must stay while you summon the flames, it should probably be me. Alnin will surly protect me as it becomes intense. Unless we are talking of the liquid fire we saw earlier, in which case I too would have to stand aside."

"The lava will not come here, unless I call it, so that you need not worry about. It makes such a mess of things, that I do not want it in my chamber. And your god might be able to protect you some, that is true, but the flames can be strong. I make no promises you would not be scorched at all. After all, it is not Alnin who is the Lord of Flames."

Rathgar
2016-06-03, 06:00 PM
Deciding to not waste any more of the prophet's time thinking, Tuntematon decided to go ahead and speak up. "For our first question, what do you know of the dreams that seem to have been sent to quite a few of us? The dreams of what may be the end of all."

CWater
2016-06-12, 07:58 AM
Deciding to not waste any more of the prophet's time thinking, Tuntematon decided to go ahead and speak up. "For our first question, what do you know of the dreams that seem to have been sent to quite a few of us? The dreams of what may be the end of all."

"What do I know?", the fire prophet smirks, "Oh, many things. For one, they are a warning best taken seriously, but that you already knew. Two, they were sent by the Lady of Dreams, Tieteir, but that you also already know. I think you also know, that unless you who have seen the dreams take action, the realm will perish. Or at least, most of the tribes will."

"But the dreams are also a sign of hope. While The Mad Seer might be difficult to understand at times, she is never wrong. The land is being led towards a fate of destruction, yet it can still be guided away from it."

Athedia
2016-06-12, 12:46 PM
"What do I know?", the fire prophet smirks, "Oh, many things. For one, they are a warning best taken seriously, but that you already knew. Two, they were sent by the Lady of Dreams, Tieteir, but that you also already know. I think you also know, that unless you who have seen the dreams take action, the realm will perish. Or at least, most of the tribes will."

"But the dreams are also a sign of hope. While The Mad Seer might be difficult to understand at times, she is never wrong. The land is being led towards a fate of destruction, yet it can still be guided away from it."

"That wasn't exactly an answer. But I guess we deserve that for such a loosely worded question."

Does anyone have that list of questions we were asking the Earth prophet? We can try to cover some of those.

CWater
2016-06-21, 04:10 PM
"That wasn't exactly an answer. But I guess we deserve that for such a loosely worded question."

Does anyone have that list of questions we were asking the Earth prophet? We can try to cover some of those.

"Was it not? There is much to be learned, even from obscure answers." The fire prophet smiles. "I'm afraid speaking too directly to mortals is not the proper way."

Athedia
2016-06-29, 06:40 PM
"We have been recieving visions. Some shared, others... personalized. One such vision detailed the Plains of the Lost Gods. Where are the Plains of the Lost Gods located, in terms of our general location?"

CWater
2016-06-30, 12:43 PM
"We have been recieving visions. Some shared, others... personalized. One such vision detailed the Plains of the Lost Gods. Where are the Plains of the Lost Gods located, in terms of our general location?"

"That you would ask about it, you who know spirits", the prophet replies, her smile waning a bit, "The place you speak of is a huge plain grassland, fertile, yet few of this world care to call it home. It lies to the north-west from here, three maybe four days on foot."

Rathgar
2016-07-03, 03:34 AM
"We know that a storm brews accross an ocean, and a sunwurm's fang or something of the sort should calm it. That's all we know about that, though. What might you know about it?"

CWater
2016-07-03, 11:21 AM
"We know that a storm brews accross an ocean, and a sunwurm's fang or something of the sort should calm it. That's all we know about that, though. What might you know about it?"

"The prediction of that threat is best taken literally. A mighty storm will come, but it is still far away as we speak. Still, ripples that it has caused will arrive first, reaching first the long shore in the east.

That is all I know. To find out more I would have to 'see' and that would mean rising the flames. But I recall there is a tribe of humans who live on the hills to the south, whose warriors have hunted sunwyrms in the old times."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-07-06, 11:23 PM
Lily speaks softly, her eyes fixed firmly upon her grubby toes.

"You say we can ask the future." She chances a glance at the prophet, then looks quickly back before meeting the white flame of her eyes. "There is a package. Cursed. Able to destroy the tree of life. We can't stop it if we don't know anything more. What is this package and how do we find it?"

CWater
2016-07-11, 03:37 AM
Lily speaks softly, her eyes fixed firmly upon her grubby toes.

"You say we can ask the future." She chances a glance at the prophet, then looks quickly back before meeting the white flame of her eyes. "There is a package. Cursed. Able to destroy the tree of life. We can't stop it if we don't know anything more. What is this package and how do we find it?"

The prophet frowns. "I have seen this person of ill intent. He is from a tribe called Bonebirds that lives far in the north, but after he lost the blessing of nature they kicked him out. The other druids don't yet know this, and he's coming to their gathering like he was still one of them. But his new friends are not of the natural realm."

"The druids will offer gifts to the Tree in a long ceremony like they have done for ages. They have made a pact not to question each others customs, and never before has there been a betrayal like this. I doubt they will notice until it is too late."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-07-15, 06:36 PM
Lily nods her head at the prophets words, chewing over the new information. "Then time is hardly on our side. What is the fastest route to the Druids' meeting place?

Athedia
2016-07-15, 07:12 PM
Asha nodded at Lily's question. It was obvious that would be their next location. But they had been journeying for a while now. She stepped up the the Fire Prophet and poked at the ground with her foot a little before asking in a small voice. "I need to know-. How is my tribe is doing and are they safe?"

CWater
2016-07-19, 04:40 PM
Lily nods her head at the prophets words, chewing over the new information. "Then time is hardly on our side. What is the fastest route to the Druids' meeting place?

The prophet smiles. "Ah, this one is easy. Travel north from the Fiery Maw until you are out of the mountains. Once in the forest, head north-east to find the Mourning River. The easiest way to be sure you find the Circle is to follow it upstream."

Asha nodded at Lily's question. It was obvious that would be their next location. But they had been journeying for a while now. She stepped up the the Fire Prophet and poked at the ground with her foot a little before asking in a small voice. "I need to know-. How is my tribe is doing and are they safe?"

"Feeling homesick? No wonder, being on your own for the first time. But the world is wide, your tribe should benefit from the wisdom you acquire, should you make it back. As for your peoples' well-being... Yes, they are still safe for know. But how long that will remain so, I cannot say for sure. Especially since someone powerful... has taken an interest in their traditions."

"But! That is all I have to say at this time. However, before you go", the prophet claps her fiery hands together sending sparks flying, "I have something more concrete to give you than words. Though knowledge has been used in their creation, as I have had them made especially for you..."

See the OOC thread for details.

CWater
2016-07-29, 01:39 PM
The prophet reaches down to draw a circle on the ground, then holds a hand over it while muttering arcane words. Accompanied by an orange glow a collection of items appear before the party. Among the items are a few amulets, well-made boots, a decorated rod and a large shofar horn.

"Take them and use them well. If there's any normal equipment you need for your journey, I've instructed the dwarves to help you where they can. Now we say goodbye."

Elkvi has stood by the tunnel entrance and silently followed their meeting with the prophet. He nods to the party and beckons them to follow him again back to the dwarves home tunnels.

They return to a larger cavern they passed earlier and see that the prisoners have been brought here, bound and guarded by stern looking Kanok and two dwarves young enough to be beardless. Two of the captured warriors are awake and give the party unfriendly looks. Eldien is resting on the other side of the chamber and Taesha sulks in a corner. Stiira is nowhere to be seen.

Athedia
2016-08-03, 12:33 AM
The prophet reaches down to draw a circle on the ground, then holds a hand over it while muttering arcane words. Accompanied by an orange glow a collection of items appear before the party. Among the items are a few amulets, well-made boots, a decorated rod and a large shofar horn.

"Take them and use them well. If there's any normal equipment you need for your journey, I've instructed the dwarves to help you where they can. Now we say goodbye."

Elkvi has stood by the tunnel entrance and silently followed their meeting with the prophet. He nods to the party and beckons them to follow him again back to the dwarves home tunnels.

They return to a larger cavern they passed earlier and see that the prisoners have been brought here, bound and guarded by stern looking Kanok and two dwarves young enough to be beardless. Two of the captured warriors are awake and give the party unfriendly looks. Eldien is resting on the other side of the chamber and Taesha sulks in a corner. Stiira is nowhere to be seen.

Asha quickly grabbed her items off the floor, slipping the amulet over her neck. As she returned to the room she rushed to the elf's side."Eldien! The prophet gave me something that can help you. It can help carry you for short periods of-. Where's Stiira?" Asha started looking around, worried the small witch had been badly hurt in the fight with the giant.

Rathgar
2016-08-03, 10:58 AM
"Thank you for the helpful gear, this shall truly help us on our journey." With that, the centaur put away his new equipment and got ready to head out.

CWater
2016-08-03, 12:22 PM
Asha quickly grabbed her items off the floor, slipping the amulet over her neck. As she returned to the room she rushed to the elf's side."Eldien! The prophet gave me something that can help you. It can help carry you for short periods of-. Where's Stiira?" Asha started looking around, worried the small witch had been badly hurt in the fight with the giant.

Eldien sits up more straight as Asha approaches. "Oh, she went in with the dwarves. Their elders wanted to know what happened and thought one of us should be there too. Kanok didn't want to leave the prisoners unguarded, I can't move very easily and...", she lowered her voice, "I don't think they trust Taesha, the attackers are from her tribe you know. That was confirmed when they were interrogated just now, Taesha's been sulking ever since." She nods towards the sour looking warrior in the corner. "So they took Stiira. She looks really harmless and they probably don't mind that she's even shorter than them. Though I wonder if she'll have the courage to say much.", the elf shrugs, "But you said the prophet gave you gifts?"

Athedia
2016-08-03, 01:31 PM
Eldien sits up more straight as Asha approaches. "Oh, she went in with the dwarves. Their elders wanted to know what happened and thought one of us should be there too. Kanok didn't want to leave the prisoners unguarded, I can't move very easily and...", she lowered her voice, "I don't think they trust Taesha, the attackers are from her tribe you know. That was confirmed when they were interrogated just now, Taesha's been sulking ever since." She nods towards the sour looking warrior in the corner. "So they took Stiira. She looks really harmless and they probably don't mind that she's even shorter than them. Though I wonder if she'll have the courage to say much.", the elf shrugs, "But you said the prophet gave you gifts?"

Asha nodded excitedly, showing Eldien the small flat disk in her hand. "It summons a disk. One that follows me, or whoever wears the amulet I guess. I figured you could sit on it so you won't have to be carried. At least until we figure out a more permanent solution. Oh and I got these to help heal long term damage, weakness or confusion. And gloves! And this amulet lets me stay upright a little longer. It doesn't heal, but should allow me a to stay conscious for a little longer.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-08-03, 08:17 PM
Lily looks at her new boots skeptically, holding them up to compare with the shape of her own grubby bare foot.
Within a few moments, she's dashing back and forth across the room's entrance, noticeably faster than before. "Thank you," she says with a grin, "Now I understand why so many cover their feet."

CWater
2016-08-08, 03:44 PM
Asha nodded excitedly, showing Eldien the small flat disk in her hand. "It summons a disk. One that follows me, or whoever wears the amulet I guess. I figured you could sit on it so you won't have to be carried. At least until we figure out a more permanent solution. Oh and I got these to help heal long term damage, weakness or confusion. And gloves! And this amulet lets me stay upright a little longer. It doesn't heal, but should allow me a to stay conscious for a little longer.
"Those are great gifts indeed! And... thank you, for thinking of me too."

Lily looks at her new boots skeptically, holding them up to compare with the shape of her own grubby bare foot.
Within a few moments, she's dashing back and forth across the room's entrance, noticeably faster than before. "Thank you," she says with a grin, "Now I understand why so many cover their feet."

Eldien blinks, then looks away. "...So, where will we go next. What did the prophet say? I hope the dwarves will let us stay the night at least."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-08-08, 10:29 PM
Eldien blinks, then looks away. [COLOR="#008040"]"...So, where will we go next. What did the prophet say? I hope the dwarves will let us stay the night at least."

"We go north until the mountains end, then follow the river to the sacred tree. We don't have much time, but I hope there's time enough for sleeping." Lily says, shooting nervous glances at Asha the entire time.

CWater
2016-08-10, 05:14 PM
"We go north until the mountains end, then follow the river to the sacred tree. We don't have much time, but I hope there's time enough for sleeping." Lily says, shooting nervous glances at Asha the entire time.

"Yes, rest would be good. Especially you, after all that fighting. So the plan is still to find the druids-"

"Yes, you should, but you'll have to deal with that without me", Taesha has left her corner and walked up to the others, "I must return to my tribe. What I learned from them", she nods towards the prisoners, "means that things are bad back home. They refused to tell me everything, but I get that the clan is divided and some have made deals with the giants, to what end they won't say, but they came here to seek power and knowledge from the prophet. Fools", she makes a face, "I doubt it would have yielded them anything, even if their attack had succeeded." She sighs. "So I must go, see what the heck is going on. Only... I wonder if there's anything I could say or do here that would make the dwarves not to execute my idiot tribesmen."

Athedia
2016-08-12, 11:35 PM
"Yes, rest would be good. Especially you, after all that fighting. So the plan is still to find the druids-"

"Yes, you should, but you'll have to deal with that without me", Taesha has left her corner and walked up to the others, "I must return to my tribe. What I learned from them", she nods towards the prisoners, "means that things are bad back home. They refused to tell me everything, but I get that the clan is divided and some have made deals with the giants, to what end they won't say, but they came here to seek power and knowledge from the prophet. Fools", she makes a face, "I doubt it would have yielded them anything, even if their attack had succeeded." She sighs. "So I must go, see what the heck is going on. Only... I wonder if there's anything I could say or do here that would make the dwarves not to execute my idiot tribesmen."

Asha nodded and clasped Taesha on her shoulder. "I understand. One must be loyal to their clan." She looked over toward the dwarves and twisted her mouth, thinking. "I can't help too much there. I can not defend them, they would have killed us. They allied with giants. But you might want to suggest that they be surrendered to you, that you take command over them. Make them repent their decisions."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-08-14, 10:33 PM
Lily nods. "The dwarves seem like they have honor. They wouldn't harm a prisoner... Her voice trails off and she looks nervously at the mountain, suddenly less sure of herself. "There's been enough blood today."

CWater
2016-08-17, 09:17 AM
Asha nodded and clasped Taesha on her shoulder. "I understand. One must be loyal to their clan."

Taesha bows her head slightly. "Thank you for understanding."

She looked over toward the dwarves and twisted her mouth, thinking. "I can't help too much there. I can not defend them, they would have killed us. They allied with giants. But you might want to suggest that they be surrendered to you, that you take command over them. Make them repent their decisions."

Lily nods. "The dwarves seem like they have honor. They wouldn't harm a prisoner... Her voice trails off and she looks nervously at the mountain, suddenly less sure of herself. "There's been enough blood today."

"If that only was so...", Taesha shakes her head, "But the dwarves don't plan to let them live. I'm not surprised, my tribesmen and the giants killed many dwarves, most of their warriors actually. Which makes them really worried, I heard them talking. Still...", she is quiet for a moment and when she continues her voice is so quiet only the three of them can hear, "They are of my tribe. If I could have them swear that they won't attack anyone here and to follow me, I could lead them away. The dwarves wouldn't have the power to stop it."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-08-19, 10:40 PM

"If that only was so...", Taesha shakes her head, "But the dwarves don't plan to let them live. I'm not surprised, my tribesmen and the giants killed many dwarves, most of their warriors actually. Which makes them really worried, I heard them talking. Still...", she is quiet for a moment and when she continues her voice is so quiet only the three of them can hear, "They are of my tribe. If I could have them swear that they won't attack anyone here and to follow me, I could lead them away. The dwarves wouldn't have the power to stop it."

"But... they helped us. Their Prophet helped us." Lily says softly, looking up at Taesha with her brow puckered in deep thought. "You won't hurt them? The dwarves, I mean."

Athedia
2016-08-20, 10:13 PM

Oh of note CWater, I did decide on the Leadership feat (if you will still allow it) but need to discuss the various modifiers and other things with you at some point

Asha nodded, understanding the situation. "These dwarves won't trust you Taesha. But they do seem to have a structure. And what we are facing, what the Dream stated. That needs to be stopped. And it might need an army. If it comes to that this our small band is useless, and these dwarves will never stand. We need to all pledge to come together, when called. If the need is there. I know I can trust you to rejoin the fight in the end."

CWater
2016-08-28, 03:57 PM
"But... they helped us. Their Prophet helped us." Lily says softly, looking up at Taesha with her brow puckered in deep thought. "You won't hurt them? The dwarves, I mean."

"Of course not", Taesha assures Lily, "I'll have them swear they won't do anything else, except run and follow me back to our tribe's lands. They wouldn't break such and oath, or they would be disgraces as warriors, and if they don't swear it, I won't help them flee. I might need to knock out a dwarf guard to do it, maybe, but I won't kill anyone for it. Only...", she glances back at the prisoners and the guards, "I fear Kanok will not agree with me. And if he was on guard and he'd try to stop me I'd have to fight him, what I don't want to."

Asha nodded, understanding the situation. "These dwarves won't trust you Taesha. But they do seem to have a structure. And what we are facing, what the Dream stated. That needs to be stopped. And it might need an army. If it comes to that this our small band is useless, and these dwarves will never stand. We need to all pledge to come together, when called. If the need is there. I know I can trust you to rejoin the fight in the end."

"I will, I just need to set my tribe's situation right first. But I'll rejoin you later, or you can come find me. I'll tell you how to find my tribe, in case you need to."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-08-29, 12:08 PM
"Of course not", Taesha assures Lily, "I'll have them swear they won't do anything else, except run and follow me back to our tribe's lands. They wouldn't break such and oath, or they would be disgraces as warriors, and if they don't swear it, I won't help them flee. I might need to knock out a dwarf guard to do it, maybe, but I won't kill anyone for it. Only...", she glances back at the prisoners and the guards, "I fear Kanok will not agree with me. And if he was on guard and he'd try to stop me I'd have to fight him, what I don't want to."

Lily fidgets with a handful of marbles as she listens to Taesha, clicking them together softly as she thinks. "You are right. Kanok is not the most friendly towards prisoners. I will volunteer to guard, to let him rest." She nods. "I do not think he will refuse that."

Athedia
2016-08-29, 02:58 PM
Lily fidgets with a handful of marbles as she listens to Taesha, clicking them together softly as she thinks. "You are right. Kanok is not the most friendly towards prisoners. I will volunteer to guard, to let him rest." She nods. "I do not think he will refuse that."

"After his last display, I do not trust him either. Taesha, could you help the priestess we captured escape as well? I don't feel that she would be safe in our party if Kanok stays with us. As much as I don't know her motivations in killing that man, he tortured a defenseless prisoner."

CWater
2016-09-02, 01:45 PM

"After his last display, I do not trust him either. Taesha, could you help the priestess we captured escape as well? I don't feel that she would be safe in our party if Kanok stays with us. As much as I don't know her motivations in killing that man, he tortured a defenseless prisoner."

"Thank you", to Asha Taesha adds, "I don't trust this priestess either, her fate is not my concern. But if you ask it as personal favour, then I can free her too. It doesn't seem like she's a danger to the dwarves at least. Or you could ask the others if it would be fine to leave her here once you leave to find the druids?"

CWater
2016-09-07, 06:22 PM
Some time later Stiira comes back, accompanied by an elderly dwarf with some others trailing behind him. He introduces himself as one of the leaders of this tribe and thanks the party for protecting them against the invaders, giving the captives an ugly glare. He offers the party shelter for the night and provisions for their journey tomorrow.

When the evening comes, the priestess Shuna sets to pray for new spells, still guarded by suspicious Kanok. Once she is done, the priestess speaks to Asha, "I can now cure you of the curse that spread over you and the warrior." She nods towards Kanok. "Will you let me?"

According to her, only Asha and Kanok contracted the curse. Let me know whether Asha lets her cast her spells. Kanok may require some persuasion from the other party members, as he doesn't trust Shuna.

The party sets out to rest in a cavern little further in, but they agree to also keep watch over the prisoners left in this cave. Kanok guards them for a few more hours, but doesn't protest when Lily comes to take his place.

In the middle of the night, Taesha slips in, seemingly to relieve Lily from her watch. But when the dwarf guard's back is turned, she moves to clobber him from behind.

Non-lethal with blunt end of her spear.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Completely surprised, the young dwarf has just the time to turn before he gets bashed in the face and falls down unconscious. Taesha grabs the youth before he hits the ground and lays him down softly. Then she goes to have word with her tribesmen. They argue for a while in hushed whispers, but eventually come to an agreement and Taesha cuts their ropes. "You're coming too", she whispers to the priestess and drags her up. She gives one final nod to Lily, then leads the band of escapees out of the caves.

Their absence is naturally noticed in the morning and the dwarves are upset, demanding and explanation from the remaining party members.

Athedia
2016-09-07, 08:15 PM
Some time later Stiira comes back, accompanied by an elderly dwarf with some others trailing behind him. He introduces himself as one of the leaders of this tribe and thanks the party for protecting them against the invaders, giving the captives an ugly glare. He offers the party shelter for the night and provisions for their journey tomorrow.

When the evening comes, the priestess Shuna sets to pray for new spells, still guarded by suspicious Kanok. Once she is done, the priestess speaks to Asha, "I can now cure you of the curse that spread over you and the warrior." She nods towards Kanok. "Will you let me?"

Asha nodded letting Shuna cast what she needed. "This curse, what would it have done?"

Completely surprised, the young dwarf has just the time to turn before he gets bashed in the face and falls down unconscious. Taesha grabs the youth before he hits the ground and lays him down softly. Then she goes to have word with her tribesmen. They argue for a while in hushed whispers, but eventually come to an agreement and Taesha cuts their ropes. "You're coming too", she whispers to the priestess and drags her up. She gives one final nod to Lily, then leads the band of escapees out of the caves.

Their absence is naturally noticed in the morning and the dwarves are upset, demanding and explanation from the remaining party members.

Asha stood between the dwarves and her party, her hands outstretched to show she had no weapons. "We knew of your plans for execution. Taesha is my battle sister, she has fought beside us and defended us against all manner of dangers. To kill her tribe would have been as grievous an act as killing her. We could not let you do so."

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-09-08, 04:19 PM
Lily nods and balls her hands up into fists. "Killing them would not have been right. We fought them. We won. Isn't that enough?"

CWater
2016-09-10, 04:37 PM
Evening

Asha nodded letting Shuna cast what she needed. "This curse, what would it have done?"

"It would have driven you slowly mad, unable to tell dreams from reality", Shuna answers.

---------------------------------------------

Morning

Asha stood between the dwarves and her party, her hands outstretched to show she had no weapons. "We knew of your plans for execution. Taesha is my battle sister, she has fought beside us and defended us against all manner of dangers. To kill her tribe would have been as grievous an act as killing her. We could not let you do so."

Lily nods and balls her hands up into fists. "Killing them would not have been right. We fought them. We won. Isn't that enough?"

"And what if they return to destroy us again?", the leader of the dwarves demands, "Our warriors are dead, and they know it. All we have is the prophet's blessing, Gods' save us." He shakes his head. "But that's no concern of yours is, it? You've seen the prophet like you wanted and rested, we ask that you leave now.

Kanok gives Lily and Asha an angry glare, but remains silent.

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-09-14, 02:08 PM
"And what if they return to destroy us again?", the leader of the dwarves demands, "Our warriors are dead, and they know it. All we have is the prophet's blessing, Gods' save us." He shakes his head. "But that's no concern of yours is, it? You've seen the prophet like you wanted and rested, we ask that you leave now.

Kanok gives Lily and Asha an angry glare, but remains silent.

Lily looks up at the leader with a bit of confusion. "One of our own went with them, they won't be back. She pauses, scuffing one of her boots softly against the stone and deliberately avoiding Kanok's gaze. "But you are right, we need to leave."

Athedia
2016-09-14, 02:16 PM
Lily looks up at the leader with a bit of confusion. "One of our own went with them, they won't be back. She pauses, scuffing one of her boots softly against the stone and deliberately avoiding Kanok's gaze. "But you are right, we need to leave."

"I swear on the honor of my Ancestors they will not return here. They were mislead by fear. Don't follow in their mistakes." Asha clutched the token the prophet had given her and a disc of force rose up underneath Eldien, almost tipping the woman over with the sudden appearance. "Are we ready to go?"

Rathgar
2016-09-18, 07:30 AM
"Yes, I am ready to go ahead, we really don't have time to rest, let's get a move on."

CWater
2016-09-20, 11:28 PM
"I swear on the honor of my Ancestors they will not return here. They were mislead by fear. Don't follow in their mistakes." Asha clutched the token the prophet had given her and a disc of force rose up underneath Eldien, almost tipping the woman over with the sudden appearance. "Are we ready to go?"

"Whoa!", Eldien tries to find her balance, then sits down on the disk, "Yes, I think we're ready to go."

The party leaves the dwarven clan and their tunnels behind and continue their journey. They circle around the Fiery Maw and head for the forest on the northern side. The floating disk greatly helps Eldien on the climb and they are able to move at a decent pace.

A friendly forest in spring welcomes them as their long tiring journey through mostly barren Suojella mountains is finally at an end. It will take the party a week to reach the dwelling of the druids, but nothing remarkable tries to hinder them for days. They walk, hunt, camp and enjoy the scenery when they can, the knowledge of the impending doom never truly forgotten.

Kanok walks in the lead and speaks little, his mood little improved from the caverns. Aidan is mostly quiet as always. Stiira is too shy to start a conversation, but is happy to talk while walking if someone else takes the initiative.

To be continued as soon as I'm able. In the meantime, if you want to describe what your character does during this part of travel, you are welcome to do so! You can also make some Survival checks to see if you can improve your food reserves a bit. Aidan can also finally work on that bow he promised to make Eldien.

You have travelled 7 days without anything worth mentioning bothering you and you expect to travel one more day or so before you reach the druids.

CWater
2016-09-26, 12:12 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

CWater
2016-09-26, 01:16 AM
Kanok has been hunting while the party travels, filling their food reserves with fresh game. This evening he is skinning a deer by the fire after they have camped for the night. "We'll reach the Druid tree tomorrow", he says, "I can feel it's near."

Also counting the food you got from the dwarves, you're good for about two weeks from now. (I take Asha's and Lily's Everlasting Rations into account in this estimate.)

Back in the forest, Aidan finally had the change to collect the materials he needed to make a bow for Eldien. He has been working on it every evening, and the elf has followed his progress with interest, and has a yearning look in her eyes.

I believe you have used something like this:
Kanok, Aidan, Asha, Lily, Tuntematon

Also, damn how slow crafting is! It'll take Aidan a few more weeks to finish the longbow.

Rathgar
2016-09-26, 10:32 AM
Greatly enjoying his newfound respite, Tuntematon took the time to find more suitable slingstones.

Athedia
2016-09-26, 12:09 PM
Asha smiled at Elidiens excitement. "You like those? I never understood how they were used. Wouldn't the string hit your arm? I keep thinking Lily is going to throw herself at our opponents."

CWater
2016-09-28, 03:51 PM
Greatly enjoying his newfound respite, Tuntematon took the time to find more suitable slingstones.
During the course of their travel, the centaur finds the ammunition he is looking for.

Asha smiled at Elidiens excitement. "You like those? I never understood how they were used. Wouldn't the string hit your arm? I keep thinking Lily is going to throw herself at our opponents."

Eldien laughs, "No, I don't think that can happen. And I was a decent archer, back when...", she shakes her head to lose the painful memory, "But I wasn't good enough to slay the ettercaps when they attacked, and my bow was lost. Guess they would have just left it in the woods, it not being edible", she adds glumly.

The party retires for the night setting up a watch. Most of their shifts pass uneventfully, and finally it is Tuntematon's turn, to take the last just before dawn.

Make Spot and Listen checks please. And looks like your site is back up!

And I see you have a new profile pic, nice!

Athedia
2016-09-28, 11:14 PM
During the course of their travel, the centaur finds the ammunition he is looking for.

Eldien laughs, "No, I don't think that can happen. And I was a decent archer, back when...", she shakes her head to lose the painful memory, "But I wasn't good enough to slay the ettercaps when they attacked, and my bow was lost. Guess they would have just left it in the woods, it not being edible", she adds glumly.

Asha's brow creases and she looks down. "Right. I am, I am so sorry we couldn't get there in time. To save him or..." she looked toward Eldien's leg, concerned. "But we had many people fighting those ettercaps. You had just the two of you. Even the Ancestors couldn't have protected you." She played with the new amulet around her neck for a second. "Does it hurt? Your leg I mean."

Rathgar
2016-10-02, 05:19 PM
"Asha is correct, you were horribly outnumbered, and bows are best used against those unaware of you anyhow. In any case, there is nothing we can do about that past, but only the future. The strange events that you went though may end up bringing about a special insight, or it may not. Strange things are weird like that."

CWater
2016-10-07, 08:30 PM
Evening

Asha's brow creases and she looks down. "Right. I am, I am so sorry we couldn't get there in time. To save him or..." she looked toward Eldien's leg, concerned. "But we had many people fighting those ettercaps. You had just the two of you. Even the Ancestors couldn't have protected you." She played with the new amulet around her neck for a second. "Does it hurt? Your leg I mean."

"Not... really", Eldien replies, "though sometimes it aches for no reason. Like, as if I the foot was still there." She shakes her head. "Don't worry about it, I'm getting used to this. And life isn't so bad, thanks to kind people like you."

"Asha is correct, you were horribly outnumbered, and bows are best used against those unaware of you anyhow. In any case, there is nothing we can do about that past, but only the future. The strange events that you went though may end up bringing about a special insight, or it may not. Strange things are weird like that."

"Well, I have learned something already", the elf says looking into the fire, "My people wouldn't have gone through the trouble of keeping me alive, not with an injury like this. But you have, even if you are on a journey of great importance."

If you want to continue this conversation, you are very welcome to do so. We'll do it concurrently with what happens in the morning.
---------------------------------------------------------

Morning

The forest appears peaceful, save for the birds who chirp loudly with great enthusiasm. There's the occasional sound of rustling coming from the bushes, and as the culprit is usually a squirrel or another small animal, Tuntematon doesn't pay much attention to it at first. It is only when the rustling persist does he notice a pair of bulky green hands that reach from the undergrowth near the camp and are rummaging through the party's supplies. They belong to a medium sized creature, though it's hard to say anything more as most of them is covered by the shrubs.

Tuntematon can act, rest are asleep.
Played a little with forest terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#forestTerrain), so pay attention please. Also it is still early morning, so while it's not totally dark, it's not brightly lit either.

Dark green squares have shadowy illumination. Meaning everyone in these squares have concealment 20%. Characters with Low-Light Vision can see normally.
Light green, everyone can see and move normally. There is a small fire in the middle of the area (I'm lazy to draw it, but it's there).
Middle green, light undergrowth, cost 2 movement and easier to hide in (see forest terrain link above). Also shadowy illumination, so total concealment 40%. 20% for those with LLV.
Light brown, small trees. Can move through and use them for AC bonus. See forest terrain for details.
Dark brown, large trees. Can't move through, but provide cover if you are behind them.
Greenish brown, fallen logs. Provide cover like low walls. Climb check to get on top. Balance check to move.
Blue, forest stream. Cost 2 movement to cross or Jump to not get wet.
Orange is the tent. Normal movement.

?? is the intruder.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_13_1_zpsl0w3dxxq.png

Athedia
2016-10-07, 10:41 PM
Evening
"Not... really", Eldien replies, "though sometimes it aches for no reason. Like, as if I the foot was still there." She shakes her head. "Don't worry about it, I'm getting used to this. And life isn't so bad, thanks to kind people like you."

"Well, I have learned something already", the elf says looking into the fire, "My people wouldn't have gone through the trouble of keeping me alive, not with an injury like this. But you have, even if you are on a journey of great importance."

Asha looked away for a second. "You are a part of my tribe now Eldien. My people. The Ancestors, now your Ancestors through my blood, they present themselves through myriad forms. Some would call these deformities. But Paimon, he dances. He has no legs. No arms. He has become one with his weapons. And in return he gives me his skills, his mastery. Do great deeds with us Eldien, with me. It is my dream to be able to be an Ancestor to my Descendants." She looked back at Eldien, eyes filled with tears of hope and longing. "Join me in this. Please."

CWater
2016-10-08, 02:12 AM
Asha looked away for a second. "You are a part of my tribe now Eldien. My people. The Ancestors, now your Ancestors through my blood, they present themselves through myriad forms. Some would call these deformities. But Paimon, he dances. He has no legs. No arms. He has become one with his weapons. And in return he gives me his skills, his mastery. Do great deeds with us Eldien, with me. It is my dream to be able to be an Ancestor to my Descendants." She looked back at Eldien, eyes filled with tears of hope and longing. "Join me in this. Please."

"I... will try to help you as much as I can", Eldien replies, "If Aidan completes the bow, then I can fight. But", she turns to Asha, "do you think you could teach me about the Ancestors? I... would like to meet them."

Rathgar
2016-10-18, 12:58 AM
Tuntematon is startled to see the hands taking their things, Tuntematon grabs his club and shouts. "Hey, unhand our stuff, you bush! Or whatever you may be in that bush!"

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-10-19, 07:19 PM
Tuntematon is startled to see the hands taking their things, Tuntematon grabs his club and shouts. "Hey, unhand our stuff, you bush! Or whatever you may be in that bush!"

Lily wakes up with a start and calls her bow to hand. She fumbles an arrow into place and trains it on the bush. "Come out, or you're a dead bush!" She yells, still half asleep.

Free action: Quickdraw bow, using least weapon crystal of returning.
Readied standard action: Shoot the bush (bush creature?) should it not unhand the items and come out.
Unsure if loading the bow costs a move action.

Athedia
2016-10-19, 11:04 PM
"I... will try to help you as much as I can", Eldien replies, "If Aidan completes the bow, then I can fight. But", she turns to Asha, "do you think you could teach me about the Ancestors? I... would like to meet them."
"I can try. We can introduce you to one tomorrow. Okay?"

The next morning

In the commotion Eldien sat bolt upright, unable to really move to investigate. Taking up the spear Asha had lent her she used the dull end to prod the soundly sleeping girl awake.

Rathgar
2016-10-19, 11:05 PM
The centaur loaded his sling and got ready to launch a stone. "If you don't come out of that bush, you will get a taste of some of this granite."

Readying an action to attack with sling if he either shows aggression or runs.

CWater
2016-10-21, 04:18 PM
Last evening:

"I can try. We can introduce you to one tomorrow. Okay?"

"That... would be nice. I think."

The next morning

In the commotion Eldien sat bolt upright, unable to really move to investigate. Taking up the spear Asha had lent her she used the dull end to prod the soundly sleeping girl awake.
"Asha! Get up, quick!"

Lily wakes up with a start and calls her bow to hand. She fumbles an arrow into place and trains it on the bush. "Come out, or you're a dead bush!" She yells, still half asleep.

Free action: Quickdraw bow, using least weapon crystal of returning.
Readied standard action: Shoot the bush (bush creature?) should it not unhand the items and come out.
Unsure if loading the bow costs a move action.

It is a regular bow, so drawing it is a free action. But loading a crossbow is a move action, yes. (This is why you can't make a full attack with a crossbow, unless you have the Quick Draw feat.)

I assume Lily uses her move action to stand up?

The centaur loaded his sling and got ready to launch a stone. "If you don't come out of that bush, you will get a taste of some of this granite."

Readying an action to attack with sling if he either shows aggression or runs.

Aidan and Kanok jump up as well and pick up their weapons.

The hands disappear back into the bush, along with stolen goods.

I'll roll for what they took in case they get away.

Lily and Tuntematon can make their readied actions. The target has concealment from both the bush and darkness. 40% against Lily, 20% against Tuntematon.

Rathgar
2016-10-21, 05:16 PM
Tuntematon let a slingstone fly towards the bush, trying to stop the thief.

Attack With Sling: [roll0]
Miss Chance (Low Misses): [roll4]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-10-26, 06:28 PM
Lily grunts in frustration and fires at the bush-beast.

Miss chance (misses on 40 or lower, I believe): [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Edit: Well.... drat. :smalltongue:

CWater
2016-11-02, 09:30 AM
The attacks miss and the thief turns to run into the shadowy forest.

Played a little with forest terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#forestTerrain), so pay attention please. Also it is still early morning, so while it's not totally dark, it's not brightly lit either.

Dark green squares have shadowy illumination. Meaning everyone in these squares have concealment 20%. Characters with Low-Light Vision can see normally.
Light green, everyone can see and move normally. There is a small fire in the middle of the area (I'm lazy to draw it, but it's there).
Middle green, light undergrowth, cost 2 movement and easier to hide in (see forest terrain link above). Also shadowy illumination, so total concealment 40%. 20% for those with LLV.
Light brown, small trees. Can move through and use them for AC bonus. See forest terrain for details.
Dark brown, large trees. Can't move through, but provide cover if you are behind them.
Greenish brown, fallen logs. Provide cover like low walls. Climb check to get on top. Balance check to move.

?? is the intruder.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_13_2_zpsu6ksbgku.png

Stolen items: [roll0]

Rathgar
2016-11-06, 12:51 AM
The centaur thought that the worst things to lose to a thief are the strange magical items the party hard, since they would likely be impossible to replace. Therefore, he said a prayer to find magical things and took off in the general direction of where the thieves were last seen.

Actions:
Standard Action: Casting Detect Magic
Move Action: Move to I6

Athedia
2016-11-06, 07:47 PM
Asha woke with a start when Eldien poked her with the butt of the spear. "I'LL DROP THE SOU- wah?" She quickly focused on the cause of the commotion and grabbed her spear and torch, standing up and starting to give chase.

Moving to T10, 1 move to stand, 1 to move

CWater
2016-11-13, 08:11 AM
Asha clambers up and hurries after the retreating shape with Stiira following after her. Tuntematon chases after the thief, his great speed allowing him to catch up and he gets a better look of them.

This is what the thief looks like.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/eberron/images/9/91/98670.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111014005856
Also, I took the liberty of changing the square where Tuntematon moved to, so it matches your description. Perhaps you didn't notice the updated position of the enemy.

Lily also runs forward and fires another arrow.
Sorry Axe, I'll go for you this round since it has been a few days, I hope this is ok.
Concealment 20, miss on low numbers: [roll2]

Aidan does the same.
Damage: [roll4]
Concealment 20, miss on low numbers: [roll5]

Both arrows hit, but do only little damage to the creature's tough hide.

"Fang! Attack!", Kanok roars and he and the hound charge after the intruder.

Both take a double move, their speed is 40 ft.

Surrounded, the enemy turns to face their opponents. Suddenly the plants of that area start to move on their own, trying to ensnare those that are close.

The creature grunts something and rises their spiked fists to punch Kanok.
Fist1: [roll6]

Fist2: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
EDIT: Kanok is without armor, so both hit.

Ref saves against Entangle
Kanok: [roll10]
Fang: [roll]1d20+5

CWater
2016-11-13, 08:17 AM
Rerolling Fang's Ref save: [roll0]

The enemy's eyes glow when it hits Kanok and some of the thorns break off and are stuck on the warrior. Swiftly the creature holds out a hand and opens the palm, then closes it again to a fist. Kanok cries out in pain as the thorns burrow into his skin.

[roll1]

The area shaded with orange has Entangle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm) active.

?? is the intruder.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_13_3_zpsdkdjuepx.png

Rathgar
2016-11-13, 10:47 PM
Tuntematon
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 11
HP 41/41
Position: J14

Seeing his travel companino wounded by the creature, Tuntematon pulled out his magical antler and flicked it at Kanok, closing some of the wounds he had just sustained.

Actions:
Move Action: Draw Wand of Cure Light Wounds
Standard Action: Cast Cure Light Wounds with wand

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-11-14, 07:42 AM
Lily runs forward again through the dark, wishing she'd slept in her speedy shoes as she plows through the underbrush. She draws her bow, arms shaking with the strain, and fires once more at the dim shape of the thief.

Move: Move 30' to P15

Standard:
Concealment 20% (Fails on low): [roll0]
Attack: [roll1] (-2 from not meeting the bow's strength requirement)

Athedia
2016-11-23, 11:28 PM
I figured Ronove is probably the best vestige to have bound storywise. We are trying to move fast so she would help out there and also she isn't too powerful either. I also cleaned up my character sheet.

Asha shook her head as she felt the stirrings of the vestige napping in there starting to awaken. Ronove, a thief stole my stuff. Please help me here. She ran out into the darkness, dodging behind a bush as she reached the area the creature had filled with vines.

I think I can get to K18 with a double movement in which case she tries to hide.

Hide: [roll0]

CWater
2016-11-25, 05:50 PM
Lily runs forward again through the dark, wishing she'd slept in her speedy shoes as she plows through the underbrush. She draws her bow, arms shaking with the strain, and fires once more at the dim shape of the thief.

Move: Move 30' to P15

Standard:
Concealment 20% (Fails on low): [roll0]
Attack: [roll1] (-2 from not meeting the bow's strength requirement)

Unfortunately there isn't enough light to see perfectly and Lily's arrow misses the creature.

I figured Ronove is probably the best vestige to have bound storywise. We are trying to move fast so she would help out there and also she isn't too powerful either. I also cleaned up my character sheet.

Asha shook her head as she felt the stirrings of the vestige napping in there starting to awaken. Ronove, a thief stole my stuff. Please help me here. She ran out into the darkness, dodging behind a bush as she reached the area the creature had filled with vines.

I think I can get to K18 with a double movement in which case she tries to hide.

Hide: [roll0]
Ronove is ever happy to start lecturing. Child, all these material possessions are unnecessary. Your mind is all you need. Show these foolish beings that stealing from you is pointless.

Tuntematon
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 11
HP 41/41

Seeing his travel companino wounded by the creature, Tuntematon pulled out his magical antler and flicked it at Kanok, closing some of the wounds he had just sustained.

Actions:
Move Action: Draw Wand of Cure Light Wounds
Standard Action: Cast Cure Light Wounds with wand

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

Kanok grunts a brief thank you. Ensnared by the vines he lets the battle rage take over him and he shouts a savage war cry as he swings his club at the enemy, while Fang leaps to attack from behind.

Kanok rages, then
Miss 20, low: [roll2]

Fang's attack: [roll3]
If hits, trip: [roll5]

He strikes true, but the blow leaves only a small dent on the tough hide. Fang's doesn't even get a good hold and his teeth only scrape the enemy's leg.

Aidan moves to take cover next to a tree and fires a new arrow that hits a shoulder.
Attack: [roll6] (forgot the -4 from shooting into melee, real result is 25)
Miss 20, low: [roll8]

Stiira keeps running towards the fight as fast as her short feet will carry her and she also summons some extra speed from her boots. Also peering from behind a tree she casts one of her new spells to make her comrades faster.
Using all 3 charges from the Acrobat boots for +20 ft. speed to get to M14, then casting Haste (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm) on Lily, Asha, Tuntematon, herself and Kanok.

CWater
2016-11-25, 06:02 PM
The vines covering the nearby area suddenly stop moving, but instead their enemy starts growing until they reach the size of an ogre. The creature opens and closes its palm again and the thorns it left on Kanok in its last hit sink even deeper. Not stopping there it continues to pummel the warrior some more.
Thorn burrow damage: [roll0]

Attack1: [roll1]

Attack2: [roll3]

Kanok takes two savage blows straight to the head, barely managing to stay conscious.

?? is the enemy, now Large sized.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_13_4_zpsxwxpjc8t.png

Athedia
2016-11-25, 06:30 PM
Ronove, those 'material possesions' keep me alive. Me being alive means you get to be bound. So you can lecture me later, just help me get these back! Asha grabbed Fear in her hands, letting it grow to its largest size. "Kanok! Get away from it!" She lunged forward with the spear, hoping to hurt the creature.

Longspear is a reach weapon
Attack: [roll0] (would be +8 but I have a +2 pact enhancement bonus)
Crit: [roll1] (x3 if confirms)

Haste Attack:

Rathgar
2016-11-29, 08:36 PM
Tuntematon
AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 11
HP 41/41

"This thief is worse than I first imagined! Alnin, please, give some of your strange guidance to aid us! Hämärtää!" And with that, the centaur started to quickly mutter prayers to Alnin.

Actions:
Immediate Action When Kanok Was Hit: Casting Close Wounds defensively, targeting Kanok
Standard Action: Casting Bless Defensively
Immediate Action at end of turn: Casting Close Wounds on Kanok

Rolls:
Concentration To Cast Defensively: [roll0]
Close Wounds: [roll1]

Concentration To Cast Bless Defensively: [roll2]

Close Wounds: [roll3]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-12-01, 12:31 PM
Lily is suddenly struck by the thought that this creature could be stealing her things. This is considerably less tolerable.
She steps forward and growls an unintelligible challenge, shooting again at the beast's outline.

1.) five foot step to O15 and enter "ferocity" as an immediate action.
2.) Full attack

Concealment 20%, miss on low [roll0]
Attack 1: [roll1]
Crit 1: [roll2]
Damage1: [roll3]

Concealment 20%, miss on low [roll4]
Attack 2: [roll5]
Crit : [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7]

CWater
2016-12-03, 06:29 AM
Ronove, those 'material possesions' keep me alive. Me being alive means you get to be bound. So you can lecture me later, just help me get these back! Asha grabbed Fear in her hands, letting it grow to its largest size. "Kanok! Get away from it!" She lunged forward with the spear, hoping to hurt the creature.

Longspear is a reach weapon
Attack: [roll0] (would be +8 but I have a +2 pact enhancement bonus)
Crit: [roll1] (x3 if confirms)

Haste Attack:

Lily is suddenly struck by the thought that this creature could be stealing her things. This is considerably less tolerable.
She steps forward and growls an unintelligible challenge, shooting again at the beast's outline.

1.) five foot step to O15 and enter "ferocity" as an immediate action.
2.) Full attack

Concealment 20%, miss on low [roll0]
Attack 1: [roll1]
Crit 1: [roll2]
Damage1: [roll3]

Concealment 20%, miss on low [roll4]
Attack 2: [roll5]
Crit : [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7]

The bigger target is easier to hit, and Lily hits them with three arrows and Asha once with Fear. While the creature does seem to feel the attacks, they don't seem as bothered by them as a human or elf would and the wounds don't bleed.

Tuntematon
AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 11
HP 41/41

"This thief is worse than I first imagined! Alnin, please, give some of your strange guidance to aid us! Hämärtää!" And with that, the centaur started to quickly mutter prayers to Alnin.

Actions:
Immediate Action When Kanok Was Hit: Casting Close Wounds defensively, targeting Kanok
Standard Action: Casting Bless Defensively
Immediate Action at end of turn: Casting Close Wounds on Kanok

Rolls:
Concentration To Cast Defensively: [roll0]
Close Wounds: [roll1]

Concentration To Cast Bless Defensively: [roll2]

Close Wounds: [roll3]

The first spell heals Kanok and the second blesses him and his allies. But when casting a third spell a moment later, the enemy throws a punch in his direction.

Assuming you're risking the AoO, please correct me if I'm wrong.

AoO: [roll0]
if hits, it'll also leave behind thorns, which as demonstrated on Kanok, can cause further damage. Removing them is a standard action.

Kanok follows Asha's suggestion and runs to dive into the underbrush. There he rips the vicious thorns of his skin, his face twisting.

Loyally Fang keeps attacking.
Attack: [roll2] flanking with Asha
If hits, trip: [roll4]

Aidan drops his bow and runs forward drawing his axes. He wastes no time in striking the enemy upon reaching it.

Attack: [roll5] flanking with Fang
He slices a piece off the creature's shoulder.

It has the advantage in the dark, Stiira thinks and scoops a small pellet from a pouch on her belt and throws it towards the fight. When it hits the ground it erupts a bright sphere of light, creating a pocket of daylight in the shadowy forest.

The large plant creature looks around, slightly unnerved. Then someone utters a spell and the undergrowth comes alive again. It wasn't the one they're fighting who is doing the casting, but the sound is coming from the bush just north of them.

A possible square is marked on the map, make a Spot check to if you want to be sure, and/or move closer. You can take 20 on this as a standard action.

The area shaded with orange is Entangled. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm)

With Kanok gone, the large enemy turns to attack Aidan, but the ranger ducks under the blows.
Full attack, preferably against someone who is Entangled.
Order: Aidan, Asha, Tuntematon, Fang. Aidan it is.

Attack1: [roll7]

Attack2: [roll9]
Damage: [roll]2d6+8[/roll

If either hits, nasty thorns are left behind, which burrow into the target's flesh on the enemy's command.
Damage: [roll10]

E1 is the enemy, Large sized.

Light green, everyone can see and move normally.
Middle green, light undergrowth, cost 2 movement and easier to hide in (see forest terrain link above). In brightly lit areas, concealment 20%. Those in shadowy illumination, have total concealment 40% against those who don't have LLV.

'bow' marks where Aidan dropped his.

More info in SRD forest terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#forestTerrain).

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_13_5_zpsqgg2elxz.png

Rathgar
2016-12-04, 03:46 PM
Tuntematon
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 11
HP 30/41 Blurred (5 Rounds Remaining)
Starting Position: J14 Ending Position: J12

The centaur noticed someone very suspicious, possibly the actual thief. "There's someone in the bushes, maybe he's controlling this huge beast! Hämhärtää!" With that, the centaur's form blurred, and he rushed at the figure, trying to hit him with his club.

Actions:
Quick Action: Activate Blurring effect on armor
Move Action: Move to J12 while drawing club
Standard Action: Attack E2? in K11 (low light vision negates miss chance)

Rolls:
Attack Roll With Club: [roll0]
Damage With Club: [roll2]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-12-04, 05:27 PM
Lily squints against the sudden onslaught of daylight and she moves as if to take a step, but is jerked to a halt by the vines wrapping around her legs, rooting her to the ground. Obviously, this must be the green thief's fault. She raises her bow above the grasping vines and shoots again.

Full round attack. Add +2 to all attack rolls if the dex and attack penalties do not stack.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5]

CWater
2016-12-11, 09:35 AM
Tuntematon
HP 30/41 Blurred (5 Rounds Remaining)
Starting Position: J14 Ending Position: J12

The centaur noticed someone very suspicious, possibly the actual thief. "There's someone in the bushes, maybe he's controlling this huge beast! Hämhärtää!" With that, the centaur's form blurred, and he rushed at the figure, trying to hit him with his club.

Actions:
Quick Action: Activate Blurring effect on armor
Move Action: Move to J12 while drawing club
Standard Action: Attack E2? in K11 (low light vision negates miss chance)

Rolls:
Attack Roll With Club: [roll0]
Damage With Club: [roll2]

The big enemy tries to hit the centaur in the back when he turns to leave, but the blur of his armour fools them. When Tuntematon gets close, he sees another plant creature like the first one hiding in the bushes. This one is currently Medium sized. The centaur swings his club at them and it connects, though he can feel the blow softened somewhat by the creatures bendy body mass.

Lily squints against the sudden onslaught of daylight and she moves as if to take a step, but is jerked to a halt by the vines wrapping around her legs, rooting her to the ground. Obviously, this must be the green thief's fault. She raises her bow above the grasping vines and shoots again.

Full round attack. Add +2 to all attack rolls if the dex and attack penalties do not stack.

Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5]

The vines are interfering with her aim, and Lily's first two arrows fly past the target. The third finds its mark though the brute hardly seems to notice.

The Haste attack is made with the full Attack bonus, btw. It doesn't make a difference to these rolls, but might some time. :)

Aidan slashes with both of his axes, Fang jumps to bite again.
Battleaxe: [roll0]

Handaxe: [roll2]
[roll3]

Hasted Battleaxe: [roll4]
[roll5]

Fang: [roll6]
Trip: [roll8]

Kanok takes out his healing wand and heals himself.
[roll9]

Stiira runs up to Asha and casts a spell to make her stronger.
Bull's Strength.

Rathgar
2016-12-12, 12:47 PM
Tuntematon
HP 30/41 Blurred (4 Rounds Remaining)
Position: J12

Realizing that the club wasn't doing much good, Tuntematon dropped it and pulled out his flint knife, hoping maybe he could cut the bush man.

Actions:
Free Action: Drop club
Move Action: Draw dagger
Standard Action; Attack with dagger

Rolls:
Attack With Dagger: [roll0]
Damage With Dagger: [roll2]

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-12-12, 01:19 PM
Full attack.

Haste Attack: [roll4]
Haste Damage: [roll5]

Ferocity 4/7 rounds remaining
CWater, thanks for letting me know about the haste!

Athedia
2016-12-12, 01:27 PM
Asha felt the power course through her muscles. Her grip on Giant's fear tightened, her desire to bring this plant thing down solidified.
I don't think I am entangled
+1 Haste, +1 Bless, +2 flanking, +2 insight (+14 total)
Fear is a longspear, so damage is x1.5 +1 for magic so 1d8+6 str+1

Attack:[roll0]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Hasted Attack
Attack:[roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

Eldien watched from a distance.

CWater
2016-12-12, 05:14 PM
Asha felt the power course through her muscles. Her grip on Giant's fear tightened, her desire to bring this plant thing down solidified.
I don't think I am entangled
+1 Haste, +1 Bless, +2 flanking, +2 insight (+14 total)
Fear is a longspear, so damage is x1.5 +1 for magic so 1d8+6 str+1

Attack:[roll0]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Hasted Attack
Attack:[roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

Eldien watched from a distance.

Asha strikes twice with tremendous force, the first hit plunges Fear need into the plant creature's side, and the second no less than impales them. They collapse to the ground.

The other one in the bushes makes a break towards the darkness. The area with entangling plants shifts as the enemy moves.

See OOC thread about the actions. Tuntematon gets an AoO against E2.

Light green, everyone can see and move normally.
Middle green, light undergrowth, cost 2 movement and easier to hide in (see forest terrain link above). In brightly lit areas, concealment 20%. Those in shadowy illumination, have total concealment 40% against those who don't have LLV.

'bow' marks where Aidan dropped his.

More info in SRD forest terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#forestTerrain).

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/meriwater/Maps/Map_13_6_zpsqbtawine.png

aReallyGreatAxe
2016-12-12, 05:48 PM
Lily fires at the newly appeared enemy as it darts out of the bushes. She fails to notice that the plants are no longer holding her to the ground.

Using the mistake's full attack
1.)
Concealment unknown percentage, miss on low: [roll0]
Attack 1: 27+1=28
Damage 1: 4

Concealment unknown percentage, miss on low: [roll1]
Attack 2: 8+1 = 9
Damage 2: 11

Concealment unknown percentage, miss on low: [roll2]
Haste Attack: 27+1=28
Haste Damage= 7

CWater
2016-12-14, 07:59 AM
Lily fires at the newly appeared enemy as it darts out of the bushes. She fails to notice that the plants are no longer holding her to the ground.

Using the mistake's full attack
1.)
Concealment unknown percentage, miss on low: [roll0]
Attack 1: 27+1=28
Damage 1: 4

Concealment unknown percentage, miss on low: [roll1]
Attack 2: 8+1 = 9
Damage 2: 11

Concealment unknown percentage, miss on low: [roll2]
Haste Attack: 27+1=28
Haste Damage= 7

Two of the arrows hit the escaping creature in the back. Unlike the first one who fought bare handed, this one is carrying a staff.

Rathgar
2016-12-15, 01:20 AM
Tuntematon
HP 30/41 Blurred (3 Rounds Remaining)
Starting Position: J12, Ending Position: L11

Slashing the foe as he fled, Tuntematon, gave chase, tossing a fuzzball from his bag of tricks as he ran around in front of his enemy, dodging all the entangling vines.

Out of Turn: Attack of Opportunity
Standard Action: Pulling from Bag of Tricks, throwing at P11 and having creature charge E2
Move Action: Moving to L11 via this route - R12 Q12 P12 O12 N12 M12 L11

Rolls:
Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]
Damage With Dagger: [roll2]

Bag of Tricks Random Critter: [roll4]

flat_footed
2024-05-02, 01:30 AM
The Fullmetal Mod: Raise Thread