PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What alignment is Ausk, what should his stats be, and what traits work for him?

Zhentarim
2016-03-02, 09:58 PM
I want to label Ausk with an Alignment, give him stats with 20 point buy, and the GM says I must choose 3 traits which match his Background. I look forward to seeing what responses I get.

My character was born to an winter-orcish mother named Durra Trisgrak after she captured a human trader in the clan's territory. She raped him, as she found his resistance quite appealing, and gave birth to a son named him Ausk Trisgrak. Life in the horde was not easy for Ausk. He was strong, but still a lot weaker than his full-orc brothers. He was compassionate to small creatures, and would cry when he saw his kin torture their quarry rather than kill their would-be meals quickly. He suffered many scars at the hands of the village elders for his percieved weakness. His father was worse off, and was eventually killed when Ausk's full orc kin no longer found his cries of misery entertaining. It was a little less year before the time Ausk came of adult age that he decided the orcish life was not for him. Despite the bitter cold of his homeland, he pushed south. It wasn't long, however, before the 13 year old Ausk found himself in a blizzard. Near death from exposure, Ausk pleaded to any force which could help him. His pleas fell upon the ears of the Empyreal Lord known as Tolc, and Tolc sent energies to Ausk which allowed him to endure the blizzard. The cold from this near death experience never left him, however, and to this day, he finds it difficult to get warm, his bones ache, and the deep chill in his soul weakens him and makes him clumsy. However, this also allowed him to endure extremes of hot and cold, as he would soon learn. He could also touch others and share his bitter cold, as well as heal the wounds of the injured. He learned of these abilities when he was in Northern Taldor, and a woman was hemorraging after a childbirth gone horribly wrong. Ausk heard her screams, and when he rushed into her tent to comfort her, a simole touch stopped the bleeding and healed her wounds. After several months of traveling by foot, the now 14 year old Ausk finally reached the northern shores of the inner sea. Teeth chattering and belly rumbling, he entered a tavern. He asked an important looking man if there were any jobs for a half-orc with his special talents, and he was told of amazing treasures across the water begging to be retrieved and sold to the highest bidder. Wanting to become wealthy so he could help more people and be comfortable himself, Ausk agreed. By this time, Ausk had become a near-pacifist, believing he could only resort to violence if his life or the lives of others were in immediate danger. As such, he had no weapon or armor. That said, he was now employed as a merchant and treasure hunter and this man, named Alex Johnson, was sending him south to Garundi to meet with one of his associates, Garavel, for further instruction. Finally arriving, he found that despite the appearant sweltering heat effecting everybody else, Ausk still felt quite cold.

Traits: Outcast (Race), Faithful Feedback (Faith), Trustworthy (Social)

Geddy2112
2016-03-03, 01:09 AM
For stats:
High-Wisdom and Constitution. He easily and deeply empathizes with other living things, and chooses prayer over logic. He learns by experience over doing. He also survived what should kill others.
Average-Charisma and Strength. He is strong, but weak by orc standard, so this is at least average. Likewise, he can communicate with non orcs in a normal fashion.
Low-Intelligence-He has no formal education, and seems to lack for anything beyond basic logic.
?-Dexterity. I would rate this in low average, as he seems neither accident prone nor graceful, or really anything for or against dex.

On a 15 point buy before racial mods : S12 D10 Con14 Int8 Wis 16 Cha 10

I like your traits a lot. I think you would have the shaman's apprentice and pariah alternate racial traits, in addition to the traits you chose.

You are a winter druid or witch, correct? I think the backstory leans more towards a wis caster personally. Maybe shaman?

Zhentarim
2016-03-03, 01:41 AM
For stats:
High-Wisdom and Constitution. He easily and deeply empathizes with other living things, and chooses prayer over logic. He learns by experience over doing. He also survived what should kill others.
Average-Charisma and Strength. He is strong, but weak by orc standard, so this is at least average. Likewise, he can communicate with non orcs in a normal fashion.
Low-Intelligence-He has no formal education, and seems to lack for anything beyond basic logic.
?-Dexterity. I would rate this in low average, as he seems neither accident prone nor graceful, or really anything for or against dex.

On a 15 point buy before racial mods : S12 D10 Con14 Int8 Wis 16 Cha 10

I like your traits a lot. I think you would have the shaman's apprentice and pariah alternate racial traits, in addition to the traits you chose.

You are a winter druid or witch, correct? I think the backstory leans more towards a wis caster personally. Maybe shaman?
Actually, he is a winter oracle with the chilled curse. That said, I felt a high-wis presence as well.