PDA

View Full Version : Charisma based support role.

Belzyk
2016-03-02, 11:13 PM
So I will be starting a monster game in 8 weeks. (After my back surgery and down time) I will be dming it's me and 3 friends. We are all using monsters from brilliantgameologists.com . I'm using a phoenix as a support character for the other 3. I've made a few changes to make it a ice phoenix instead of fire. What are some good charisma based support characters and how to build them. Also they are all gestalt builds. Monster race class/players choice of class. Any tips?

Troacctid
2016-03-02, 11:39 PM
Bard is probably the best. Dragonfire Adept is also good—usually bigger on Con than Cha, but Cha is definitely relevant for them. Marshal is okay, but strictly for dipping. Paladin can play support-tank. For a more aggressive option, you could try Champion of Gwynharwyf.

Belzyk
2016-03-02, 11:56 PM
Bard is probably the best. Dragonfire Adept is also good—usually bigger on Con than Cha, but Cha is definitely relevant for them. Marshal is okay, but strictly for dipping. Paladin can play support-tank. For a more aggressive option, you could try Champion of Gwynharwyf.

Thank you. I'm leaning towards bard. I wanted to play my phoenix as a artificer butttt........ It says phoenix is incapable of fine manipulation of magical objects... I'd personally think if it has telepathy it could use magical items. Any thought on that