PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Ritual] Noose of Flesh

Xuldarinar
2016-03-03, 02:18 AM
In short; I want to create the Noose of Flesh from Elric: The Sleeping Sorceress as a ritual, keeping it as close as possible to its depiction in the story. Regretfully, I have become stuck in this process.

For those unfamiliar with the book, or the noose of flesh itself;
To defeat an army of 10,000 men (if memory serves), a special powder was sprinkled on the ground in a massive circle and an incantation was performed while making one last pass around it. The powder then formed essentially a massive wall of flesh around the army and promptly destroyed everything unfortunate enough to be stuck inside (I.e. the entire army).

If anyone has any input on this manner, throw it out there. I've long wanted to make this thing in D&D/Pathfinder, and now that there are occult rituals.. I think it is time.

Noose of Flesh
School ??? ; Level 9
Casting Time
Components: V, S, M ()
Skill Checks
Range
Effect a 500-foot-radius magic circle
Duration
Backlash
Failure
EFFECT

TheYell
2016-03-03, 03:18 PM
I'd call it Transmutation since the ground is changing.

This will be a very expensive spell. I would put Extreme Time Limit on it, like casting once per year; Material Component in excess of 25,000 gp, (powdered carnelian mixed with blood?) and some 25000 gp Spell Focus of some sort. A two-foot globe cut out of a single crystal?

What's it worth to destroy an army? I think this should leave the caster faint on the floor with psychic damage if it works. If it fails...