PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Eberron - Populating House Cannith Archives

codyleaderbrand
2016-03-03, 10:18 AM
So my group will be entering into a House Cannith invention archives area in Sharn to recover the blueprints and documentation for the creation of the Tower of the Twelve. This is their first challenge or "dungeon" as a group. I would like to have not necessarily multiple encounters but as least some level of interest within the archives. For story purposes, House Cannith is aware they are entering the archives and they have permission to use force with the two Iron Defenders currently protecting the archives. They are also forewarned that the place is trapped to only let members of House Cannith through.

I'm thinking of an archives that looks something like this:
http://www2.matrix.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/archivos_de_oaxaca.jpg

The current rooms I have planned are:
1. Study - containing desks and such
2. Small bunk room
3. Workshop with small storage area with basic supplies
4. Main archives chamber

What other rooms might they come across in this area? I'd like this to be a small/medium sized archive that isn't attached to a main location, rather separate to keep all the archives safe. Could be trapped and protected by House Kundarak as well. Bonus points for anyone who comes up with interesting traps and interesting inventions that the PCs could come across in the archives.

Gildedragon
2016-03-03, 02:04 PM
A "trap" can be rolling archive shelves it comes in stages:
1: a Kn or Int check to know which of the shelves needs to be opened (DC 20, failure by 5 or more opens the wrong shelf, which they have to resolve wholly)
2: a str check to turn the crank, the result gives a time limit (say 1 action per 5 points on the str check) of how long one can spend before:
3: a crushing room trap as the archives begin to roll closed. Since the space between them is smaller than 5' they start having trouble moving immediately.

Each search check moves them 5-10 feet deeper into the shelving unit.

Bric-a-brac:
A search may reveal a number of items
A hat box (containing a number of stacked polished metal disks that shimmer like rainbows)
An old statuette
A falling apart basket
A quiver full of barbed arrows (they are poisoned, make roll a check if they handle them) (there is a chance the poison has worn off)
A miniature mace made of glass/obsidian shards (diminutive sized)
A lead case full of old contracts

Inventions:
A device that replicates a cantrip as an Ex effect. Entirely non magical. Probably very clunky but it may yet be miniaturized.

A colloid of dragonshards that can be used to mimic a dragonmark

An artificial or cultured dragonshard

A miniature containment device that holds a massive ooze inside. Taking it might de-power the container and release the gelatinous cube

Trap: a "hall" that is a double mouthed bag of holding or folding pit (space is actually just a doorway). It is meant to prevent any thieves from coming in with extra dimensional storage