PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Themed Caster

Adalid
2016-03-03, 02:54 PM
Would anyone happen to know of a list of cosmic themed spells. Think Jellal from fairy tail. Any prcs would also be appreciated, all books are open and pathfinder/3.5 is accepted. I have no idea where to start. Any help appreciated.

Jormengand
2016-03-03, 02:59 PM
There's no list, but sunbeam, sunburst, meteor swarm and nailed to the sky are a few obvious ones, although just a liiiiittle bit high level.

Aleolus
2016-03-03, 02:59 PM
Well, refluffing Green Star Adept to Silver Star Adept would be a start, then a variant on the Mount spell that creates a flying board instead of a horse. Go from there where you will. Just don't let Marvel hear about it, or they'll get you for copyright infringement :wink:

dascarletm
2016-03-03, 03:00 PM
Heavy use of refluffing will help. Magic Missile for example could be described like comets shooting from your hand.

Cruiser1
2016-03-03, 05:00 PM
Heavy use of refluffing will help. Magic Missile for example could be described like comets shooting from your hand.
Take the feat Spell Thematics and you don't even have to refluff anything: Choose the theme "cosmic" and by RAW your Magic Missile spells actually will look like comets or such.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-03, 08:42 PM
Sublime Chord PrC basically has this theme down as well. It even requires ranks in Profession (Astrologer).

EDIT: Oh I see, you requested spells too. Well in that case in the Spell Compendium there is Cometfall (obvious) and Sphere of Ultimate Destruction (Black Hole?).

You can also re-fluff some of the prismatic spells as being cosmic. Not to mention the obvious and numerous extraplanar related spells.

Vogie
2016-03-04, 01:29 PM
There's a Void domain and a Starsoul bloodline for sorcerers, . Minute Meteors, Black Motes, void field, aurora borealis, Call to the Void, Orb of the Void.

Add some twinkling starlight and most of the Shadow "school" could be warped into that theme as well.

EDIT: Witch has a moon Patron as well, with its own spell list

Belzyk
2016-03-04, 02:11 PM
Dm fiat handwave. All spells can have a cosmic theme to them. Fire spells are burning stars. Cold spells are the freezing temperatures of space. And so on. Just change their names and how you describe them as you cast them. That's the beauty of dnd it's all imagination.

Aleolus
2016-03-04, 02:14 PM
On a more serious note, there is also the Starmantle spell from BoED. 7th level, gives off light as a torch and renders you immune to non-magical manufactured weapons. Even lets you make a Reflex for half against damage from magical weapons

Maxrim
2016-03-04, 03:16 PM
A lot of great suggestions have already been made, Dragon Magazine 340 has the Master Astrologer, which you might also be able to find easily with Google.

Monte Cook's Book of Eldritch Might has the Starlight Mage.

For a bit more of a mad crazy space vibe, there's Complete Arcane's Alienist.

In addition, the Starmantle spell that Aleolus mentioned is available as a magic item in the same book, it's a REALLY nice effect.

E: Removed link

zergling.exe
2016-03-04, 04:11 PM
A lot of great suggestions have already been made, Dragon Magazine 340 has the Master Astrologer, which is also available online here: *gack*

Monte Cook's Book of Eldritch Might has the Starlight Mage.

For a bit more of a mad crazy space vibe, there's Complete Arcane's Alienist.

In addition, the Starmantle spell that Aleolus mentioned is available as a magic item in the same book, it's a REALLY nice effect.

I'm not entirely sure it's alright to post that link. If it's not OGC, I'm fairly certain the mods don't want any links to it.

Bobbybobby99
2016-03-04, 04:25 PM
You could go for a Stargazer Lunar/Solar/Heavens Oracle, of course :smallsmile:.

Âmesang
2016-03-04, 04:33 PM
In a somewhat related note, might I suggest a fancy robe/outfit made of starlight cloth from DRAGON #279 January 2001, p.50? It's "shot through with silvery threads that seems to catch and reflect light, making the cloth look as through it were dappled with hundreds of tiny silver stars."

Make the outfit black on top and transition to bright-blue on the bottom and you could have a robe appearing like the Earth's atmosphere from a very high altitude, perhaps creating the illusion of shooting stars as you move. Should at least look "cosmic," no?

Thurbane
2016-03-04, 06:05 PM
Anger of the Noonday Sun
Aura of the Sun
Body of the Sun
Cometfall
Cometstrike
Holy Star
Meteor Swarm
Moon Blade
Moon Bolt
Moon Lust
Moonbeam
Moonbow
Moonfire
Starmantle
Stars of Arvandor
Stars of Mystra
Stars of Selune
Sun Bolt
Sun Scepter
Sunbeam
Sunburst
Sunmantle

Hazrond
2016-03-04, 08:48 PM
Anger of the Noonday Sun
Aura of the Sun
Body of the Sun
Cometfall
Cometstrike
Holy Star
Meteor Swarm
Moon Blade
Moon Bolt
Moon Lust
Moonbeam
Moonbow
Moonfire
Starmantle
Stars of Arvandor
Stars of Mystra
Stars of Selune
Sun Bolt
Sun Scepter
Sunbeam
Sunburst
Sunmantle

Did somebody say Body of the FUN? :smallbiggrin:

Jormengand
2016-03-05, 07:14 AM
Did somebody say Body of the FUN? :smallbiggrin:

Did somebody say (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?361628-Collateral-Damage-Man/page2&p=17769586#post17769586) body of the fun? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?361628-Collateral-Damage-Man/page2&p=17769136#post17769136)

Hazrond
2016-03-05, 10:44 AM
Take the feat Spell Thematics and you don't even have to refluff anything: Choose the theme "cosmic" and by RAW your Magic Missile spells actually will look like comets or such.

Spell Thematics is the best feat, not because of anything mechanically, but because it gives me full authority to describe my magic missile as flaming doom skulls or whatever i choose