PDA

View Full Version : What Gives?

Flabbicus
2007-06-18, 08:36 PM
Is it just me, or does iTunes have some stigma against labelling things under the Metal genre? Metallica, Iron Maiden, Silent Civilian, Dragonforce, and Helloween. Is this because there's some kind of stigma associated with the word, or do they just like to label everything as Rock or Alternative? Any thoughts?

Dragonrider
2007-06-19, 01:20 AM
iTunes' labels are pretty weird/inconsistant. You can change them yourself after you've gotten the music, if it bothers you that much. :smalltongue:

InsertNameHere
2007-06-19, 06:44 PM
Could be a mistake, or catagorization by people who don't know anything.

lacesmcawesome
2007-06-19, 06:48 PM
Yea, they tend to not do anything with ska music, or label it wrong. The best they get is calling the Skatalites Reggae, but they really sck at all the other ska bands.

I think they lump the music they don't know anything about into the "Alternative" category.

squidthingy
2007-06-20, 08:09 AM
my suggestion, don't use itunes. I am personally against Ipod's in general because of their popularity despite the fact that they are no better(if not worse)(quality and capacity) of mp3 players that are the same price or less money(usually the latter)

Dr._Weird
2007-06-20, 08:57 AM
So you're against them because they're popular? :smallconfused:

That's a bit uh... nevermind.

squidthingy
2007-06-20, 09:03 AM
So you're against them because they're popular? :smallconfused:

That's a bit uh... nevermind.

No I'm against them because of that such poor quality things(in my opinion) are so popular. Please don't say they are that popular, because they are(at least in the U.S), I know so many people who refer to anything handheld that plays music and "I-pod", I have even got the statement "that's a weird looking I-pod" from people. I hate them all so much
Example: let's say there is a bad tasting sandwhich that a majority of people eat. Even though there is a better tasting sandwhich for the same or cheaper price the worse tasting sandwhich is still eaten by a majority of people

Dr._Weird
2007-06-20, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure how they're of a bad quality. I've owned an iRiver, but I think I like iPods better. I could do without the click wheel, but other than that they have good quality.

squidthingy
2007-06-20, 09:17 AM
Alright poor may not be the right word, they are a little better than that, especially the 30/80 gb video;they are well-made(except for the spiny wheel thing) but they are still over-priced. the other ones are(again in my opinion) still worse than any of the other brands like creative, jetaudio, sandisk, or Microsoft

Serpentine
2007-06-20, 10:44 AM
Goff has an MP3 player that, if I recall correctly, has several times as much space at a fraction of the cost and looks less wanky. I'm with Squiddy on this one. Just because it's "cool" does not make it worth it.
Flabbicus, are you saying it automatically puts in a genre for the music? The iTunes on my iMac (what's with all the "i"s, anyway?) never did that... had to put it all in myself.

dehro
2007-06-20, 11:08 AM
I seem to have trouble with batteries.
I used to have a creative 5GB mp3 reader. bought it in hongkong... after a while (and I'm NOT an avid user since I mostly use it only on airplanes or trains and often are on businesstrips where I can't use it), it started to disconnect and switch to off on it's own accord, plus the uhm...wossname...."remote" control...you know...the jack with the volume control that needs to be "creative original" broke... I went to try and get everything fixed... but no spareparts where available. Not in europe, and, I found out, not in the USA where all you get, EVERYWHERE is I-pods.
So, last time I went to HK I bought myself an I-pod (the old model, 30GB but without video, if I want to watch a movie I do so on laptop or tv, without developing an eyes condition)
works brilliantly... but for a small detail.. if I switch it off and try to use it the next day, most of the times, the battery is "gone"... and I have tried to be very very carefull not to leave it on by mistake so I'm damn sure that when I put it off it indeed is

blasted batteries..:smallfurious:

funny thing, the hidden message.. I almost missed it :smallwink: