PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 3.5 Another Suboptimal build!

Nerdguy88
2016-03-04, 12:37 AM
So I am playing in a Gor campaign. Having a really good time now! We got through another session that involved combat. We all almost died this time but were brought back by out healer. The GM didn't enforce level loss this time but said he would from now on. We are currently level 6 so I made a dungeon crasher fighter.

Build: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=717783

At level 6 I plan to get cleave. Then probably take Warhulk as much as I can. Any suggestions on what class I should take at 6 and any feats that might help this build?

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-04, 12:54 AM
Warhulk is.... nice.... but the lack of BAB kinda sucks. If it's available, consider a dip into warhulk and then advance its features through legacy champion. It's got a better skill list, average BAB, you get a cool little boondoggle in the legacy weapon, and it gives you 7 levels of warhulk (or whichever class you prefer) features over its 10 level progression. If it's a no go, then at leat uncanny trickster can get you 2/3 advancement. You might also consider hulking hurler for a follow up class. Throw big stuff at your enemies for massive damage.

Nerdguy88
2016-03-04, 01:15 AM
DC Fighter 4/Goliath Barbarian 1/XXXX 1/Warhulk 3/Legacy Champion 10 would be nice. That would give me the full 10 levels of abilities for Warhulk but keeping some BAB!

Eloel
2016-03-04, 12:00 PM
Fighter 4/Goliath Barbarian 1/XXXX 1/Warhulk 3/Legacy Champion 10

Fighter 4/Barbarian 1/Uncanny Trickster 1/Warhulk 1/Uncanny Trickster +2/Legacy Champion 10

Don't give up more BAB than you need to.

Nerdguy88
2016-03-04, 12:43 PM
Hmm the uncanny trickster is interesting. What kind of feats would be good after 6? Thats when I would be taking cleave for warhulk. Would rage feats be good? Extra rage or anything? I don't think I would really need the rage extending feats because of the huge Con.

Eloel
2016-03-04, 12:51 PM
For extra lulz, use Legacy Champion to extend Uncanny Trickster beyond 3. By the wording in Uncanny Trickster, free tricks, and it'll give you War Hulk levels too.

Immabozo
2016-03-04, 01:16 PM
I suggest the skillful enhancement on your weapon, not only do you count as being proficient with it (hello exotic weapons!) but you are also treated as having a 3/4 BAB

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-04, 05:25 PM
I suggest the skillful enhancement on your weapon, not only do you count as being proficient with it (hello exotic weapons!) but you are also treated as having a 3/4 BAB

This is an excellent alternative if the DM calls BS on legacy champion.

Immabozo
2016-03-04, 07:03 PM
This is an excellent alternative if the DM calls BS on legacy champion.

I did it on a warhulk/bear warrior/barbarian/Nature's warrior (or something like that) power attack, leap attacking shocktrooper half ogre half minotaur (from dragon mag) dwarf with knockback and pounce. I crit on a full PA and one other attack landed for 16D8 +128 damage on round 2, at level 10, against an adult blue dragon. That wiped the smirk off the DM's face FAST.