PDA

View Full Version : Finish this build... Fighter 5/Reaping Mauler 5/Moonsea Sky Sentinel 2

Necrov
2016-03-04, 09:44 AM
Hi there guys.

Playing a campaign up until 15th level, and looking for some inspiration for the last three levels. (Yes, I know Moonsea Sky Sentinel is utter toss, but it was flavour class around the concept, I don't want to pursue it any further.) The build is designed around a brawling grappler who uses spiked gauntlets and grapple attacks. The concept is an Order of Elven Dire-Hawk riders that jump from the saddle and engage into the fray.

Build is an Elven Fighter 5, Reaping Mauler 5, Moonsea Sky Sentinel 2. Everything that comes with that. I'm aware this is sub-optimal, but it was built around a theme that had already been set into the game universe, so I ruled of cooled, rather than straight optimized with it.

Feats: (off the top of my head, haven't got the sheet to hand, assume pre-req's if I forget them)
Scorpion Grasp
Knife Fighter
Improved Unarmed Strike
Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Battle Jump
Mounted Combat
Improved Grapple

Con and Str Boost items at +2

+1 Cold, Magebane Spiked Gauntlet
+1 Warning Spiked Gauntlet

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-04, 10:19 AM
How are you a grappler without Improved Grapple or did you just forget to mention it?

Edit: I see from re-reading your post that say to assume you have prerequisites. Ok good.

Vizzerdrix
2016-03-04, 10:20 AM
A few questions

What is the 5th level of fighter giving you?

Are you aware that reaping mauler makes you worse at grappling?

Necrov
2016-03-04, 10:22 AM
How are you a grappler without Improved Grapple or did you just forget to mention it?

Edit: I see from re-reading your post that say to assume you have prerequisites. Ok good.

Quite so. I also added for clarity.

Also, Reaping Mauler 5 is set and cannot be changed. Individual complaints about the class aren't what I'm looking for, I want suggestions for the next three levels.

Necrov
2016-03-04, 11:30 AM
A few questions

What is the 5th level of fighter giving you?

Are you aware that reaping mauler makes you worse at grappling?

The base attack bonus to get into Reaping Mauler. This build was generated via playing the levels rather than theory crafting.

How does it make me worse at grappling? Unless you're talking about the Clever Wrestling pre-req that effectively stops you from gaining any size bonuses to grapple. That's been house ruled, because we thought it was silly that drinking a Potion of Enlarge Person makes you forget how to wrestle.

nedz
2016-03-04, 08:22 PM
Hmm, you have a fluff based build and yet you only post the mechanics - tricky :smallconfused:

It's a bit late (obviously, but then everything will be) but does Divine Crusader fit your fluff.

Now you want a sky/wind/fluffy little cloud type deity to pick up something like the Air/Storm/etc. domain.

Sky domain gets Summon Dire Hawk at level 2 - if that's still interesting ?

I've no idea if this will work - I don't even know your Cha score.

Godskook
2016-03-04, 10:45 PM
Psychic Warrior gets Expansion plus other goodies, Totemist gets Girrallon Arms plus maybe other goodies. Both are really easy to squeeze into Elven fluff unless you shot yourself in the foot with your backstory(I hate calm mental demeanor and nature!). Plus, Fighter 6 might be worth it if you can find a fighter feat worth your time.

Also, searching google for "core word of my build" + "handbook", without the quotes or + yields a handbook for just about anything 3.5 related.(You might need to add "3.5" and/or replace "word" with "class").

For instance, "grapple handbook" yields this:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=585.0

eggynack
2016-03-04, 10:48 PM
How does it make me worse at grappling? Unless you're talking about the Clever Wrestling pre-req that effectively stops you from gaining any size bonuses to grapple. That's been house ruled, because we thought it was silly that drinking a Potion of Enlarge Person makes you forget how to wrestle.
In that case, it doesn't make you worse, and merely fails to make you better.

TiaC
2016-03-05, 03:23 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned ToB yet? Crushing Weight of the Mountain and Wolverine Stance are both effective grapple boosts and there are a number of other useful effects that you could grab with a few levels in an initiating class. Some of the prestige classes could be good for you too, like bloodclaw master or eternal blade