PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with an Item. D&D 3.5.

Metahuman1
2016-03-04, 06:46 PM
So, I happend to be skimming the Magic Item Compendium earlier, and I notice this belt in it. Belt of the Champion. It's a relic Item. And if you meet the prerequisites, it gives a +5 Enchantment bonus to strength.

So, 2 thoughts came to mind.

1: how would one set it up to be able to use this, and a relic from another deity? (I'm looking at that Gem that's also in Magic Item Compendium that's a Gnarl Glittergold Relic that gives True Seeing.)

2: Is there any way to get an Item that would give a +1 bonus to Strength that would stack with the belt of the champion Item, and if so, how much would it cost? (Note: Doesn't have to be the same bonus type, it can be something different.)

Jormengand
2016-03-04, 06:59 PM
As an answer to 2, you can get a +1 inherent from a manual of gainful exercise for 27500 gp.

Metahuman1
2016-03-04, 07:53 PM
Well, that's a start. I hadn't though of it cause I usually think of that item (Or loading up on Wish's via a Ring of three Wishes or Candle of Invocation or what have you.) as a thing that's used separately. In Conjunction with boosting a score via level up at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th and 20th. So, it didn't really occur to me to use it to round of the belt since I was using it to round of something else.

Morcleon
2016-03-04, 08:54 PM
So, I happend to be skimming the Magic Item Compendium earlier, and I notice this belt in it. Belt of the Champion. It's a relic Item. And if you meet the prerequisites, it gives a +5 Enchantment bonus to strength.

1: how would one set it up to be able to use this, and a relic from another deity? (I'm looking at that Gem that's also in Magic Item Compendium that's a Gnarl Glittergold Relic that gives True Seeing.)

2: Is there any way to get an Item that would give a +1 bonus to Strength that would stack with the belt of the champion Item, and if so, how much would it cost? (Note: Doesn't have to be the same bonus type, it can be something different.)

1. A UMD modifier of +28 to reach the DC 29 check needed to emulate a 9th level cleric of Kord's spell slots (which allows for 5th level spell slots to be sacrificed).

2. A +5 enhancement bonus to Str costs 25kgp via the formula given in the SRD. A +6 costs 36kgp, so it would be reasonable to ask for it to be upgraded for the cost of the difference (11kgp).

OldTrees1
2016-03-04, 09:14 PM
Is there something on the Belt of Champions you want or are to better off enchanting your current belt to be a Belt of X & +6 Str? +6 > +5 IIRC :smalltongue:.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-04, 09:28 PM

My copy of MiC says that the belt of the champion functions as a belt of giant strength +2 (enhancement bonus) and when you establish the proper connection, which precludes establishing that connection with the relics of other gods, it grants a +5 competence bonus to strength. Competence and enhancement stack such that the belt gives a total +7 strength boost.

UMD's emulation features can't do anything about the god you choose to worship. If you're a kordite, you can't also be a worshiper of Garl Glittergold. They're not allies, they're not in the same pantheon, they're not even the same alignment. You can revere them both but worshipping both doesn't look kosher to me.

Aleolus
2016-03-04, 09:41 PM
Depending on how you read the entry, though, you may be able to get around the 'worshipping a specific god' side of it by using the True Believer feat. It can be read as "Worshipper of Kord who sacrifices a 5th level spell slot or who has the True Believer feat," or as "Worshipper of Kord who sacrifices a 5th level spell slot, or who has the true believer feat"

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-04, 09:45 PM
Depending on how you read the entry, though, you may be able to get around the 'worshipping a specific god' side of it by using the True Believer feat. It can be read as "Worshipper of Kord who sacrifices a 5th level spell slot or who has the True Believer feat," or as "Worshipper of Kord who sacrifices a 5th level spell slot, or who has the true believer feat"

The true believer feat's description clarifies that it applies to a particular god. Either way you're a worshipper of kord if you expect the belt of the champion to be more than a simple +2 belt of giant's strength.

Metahuman1
2016-03-05, 07:46 AM
Huh, interesting. I thought since it stated that it works like a +2 belt of Giant Strength until you jumped through the hoops, that meant it was an enchantment bonus to strength.

My interest being that it's like a 4,000 or so GP item, and a +5 bonus. Thus, I reasoned, If I could get it to work and get a +1 item of a bonus at a reasonably low price point, I could get the equivalent of a +6 belt of Gaints Strength for a very steep discount. Which would be handy on more mundane beatstick builds as then they'd have more gold to go around for other things they need to cover with Items.

Of which there are not really a shortage after all.

Similar train of thought with the Gem, Trueseeing, one of those effects that tends to be needed, and needed active basically all the bloody time if it's to do you any good as otherwise it will always turn out that that 1 round were it wasn't active was when you needed it, and at a very, very low price. Particularly if you could get the two to work together.