PDA

View Full Version : Looking for build suggestions

Crusher
2016-03-04, 11:29 PM
Curse of Strahd, Adventurers' League rules.

I'm trying to come up with a character build that can help the party through buffing/debuffing/battlefield control while also being an effective archer, or at a minimum, ranged dps. Has to be functional quickly, no intricate builds that dont come together until level 15 or whatever. Has to be be able to tolerably do the job by level 2 or 3.

A bow using BM fighter occurred to me, but Im joining an existing party about whom I know little, other than that theyre pretty well rounded and already have 2 fighters (out of 6, incl me). Any suggestions?

bid
2016-03-04, 11:38 PM
Dex16 bard using a bow.

CaptAl
2016-03-05, 12:28 AM
Half Elf Bard using the weapon Prof varient from the SCAG in place of extra skills. Long Bow, 16 DEX, and all the Bard utility from level 1. Cast Farie Fire on the mobs, and let the arrows fly. The campaign will end by level 10ish, so you could do a two level dip into Fighter for better armor and the fighting style with your "capstone" being the Bard 8 ASI. Then just gotta decide if you like debuffing more (Lore Bard), or shooting more arrows (Valor Bard).

Or go Warlock and be the Arcane version of an archer with EB. Your utility will be higher than a BM archer, but lower than a Bard build.