PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with building a Mythic Gunslinger

Fir3Z3r0
2016-03-05, 04:09 AM
Hello everyone, I need some help with a pathfinder character I'm crafting up. A friend of mine is starting a pathfinder game and I would like some feed back and tips on my feats that I have picked.

But first some info, this is my first pathfinder game but I been playing 3.5 for many years. The archetype of gunslinger is pistolero. I have been told that most of the world know little to nothing about firearms so I must craft most of my unique and specialized gear. This is a mythic game and the DM is planing on us "getting" mythic tiers about every two level with the first tier on the first level. I want to get Master craftsman and Craft Magic Arms and Armor as soon as I can. DM as giving me the OK on making Advanced firearms as soon as my character gets the money needed to craft it. I don't want to multi-class at all.

I think that about it for info, I will add in more if something comes up. Now for my feats that I picked so far

Human Bonus Feat: Point-Blank Shot
1st lvl: Rapid Reload
Mythic Tier 1: Mythic Rapid Reload
3rd lvl: Rapid Shot
Gunslinger Bonus Feat: Weapon Focus (Pistol or Revolver)
5th lvl: Master Craftsman
Mythic Tier 3: Mythic Rapid Shot
7th lvl: Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Gunslinger Bonus Feat: Snap Shot
9th lvl: Improved Snap Shot
Mythic Tier 5: Mythic Craft Magic Arms and Armor
11th lvl: Combat Reflexes
Gunslinger Bonus Feat: Improved Initiative
13th lvl:Improved Critical
Mythic Tier 7: Mythic Improved Initiative
15th lvl: Clustered Shots
Gunslinger Bonus Feat: OPEN
17th lvl: OPEN
Mythic Tier 9: OPEN
19th lvl: OPEN
Gunslinger Bonus Feat: OPEN

Now with that all down lets see what you all think about my choices.

Florian
2016-03-05, 07:32 AM
Looks pretty solid.

Just some thoughts: You might want to reconsider the heavy investment into Rapid Reload. If advanced firearms are an option, then the economy of actions on reloading will stop to cease being such a heavy burden. With two Revolvers, you might actually rather think about using TWF instead.

I would delay Mythic Craft feats a bit, like 2 levels, as crafting mythic version of basic items (like Cloaks or Resistance) is only worthwhile when we talk about +3 and up.

What you might want to think about is dropping some regular feats and picking up VMC Fighter here. Firearms Training and Weapon Training stack and you gain access to the whole Weapon Master Handbook goodies this way.

Fir3Z3r0
2016-03-05, 03:54 PM
Looks pretty solid.

Just some thoughts: You might want to reconsider the heavy investment into Rapid Reload. If advanced firearms are an option, then the economy of actions on reloading will stop to cease being such a heavy burden. With two Revolvers, you might actually rather think about using TWF instead.

The investment into Rapid Reload is so that I can free action reload any firearm I use. I plan on using three weapons thought out the game. The Pistol as my starter, Dragon Pistol for the utility of scatter shots, and the Revolver to be my replacement for the Pistol. And I don't want to because the guns are only one handed so they would start me with -4 on all my attack untill I fixed it. Plus I don't know how long I would have to wait for the time/money for crafting another Revolver.

I would delay Mythic Craft feats a bit, like 2 levels, as crafting mythic version of basic items (like Cloaks or Resistance) is only worthwhile when we talk about +3 and up.

I'm picking up the Mythic craft for the quicker crafting by using one mythic power per day so I could work on an item for 8 hours but get 16 hours of work done.

What you might want to think about is dropping some regular feats and picking up VMC Fighter here. Firearms Training and Weapon Training stack and you gain access to the whole Weapon Master Handbook goodies this way.

This I'm not sure of, I will look into it and see what feats I can drop or shuffle around to see what I can get.

Florian
2016-03-06, 05:59 AM
The investment into Rapid Reload is so that I can free action reload any firearm I use. I plan on using three weapons thought out the game. The Pistol as my starter, Dragon Pistol for the utility of scatter shots, and the Revolver to be my replacement for the Pistol. And I don't want to because the guns are only one handed so they would start me with -4 on all my attack untill I fixed it. Plus I don't know how long I would have to wait for the time/money for crafting another Revolver.

I'm picking up the Mythic craft for the quicker crafting by using one mythic power per day so I could work on an item for 8 hours but get 16 hours of work done.

This I'm not sure of, I will look into it and see what feats I can drop or shuffle around to see what I can get.

You should do yourself the favor and have a talk with your GM concerning how WBL and downtime will be handled, else I fear youīre deep in, well, manure.

Whatever you do, you will be forced to spent multiple days crafting, again and again.
- Ammunition, especially Alchemical Cartridges
- Your starting weapon ainīt masterwork, so no enchanting later on.

A MW Revolver will cost you a tad above 2K gp and will take 3 days to craft. Thatīs only double the cost of crafting your MW Pistol and MW Dragon Pistol and significantly more worth it. Going by the WBL table, you should be able to afford that between 3rd and 4th level with no real hassle.

stack
2016-03-06, 10:19 AM
Lack of precise shot will be painful at low levels. Even making touch attacks, the -4 really hurts for awhile.

Fir3Z3r0
2016-03-06, 03:37 PM
You should do yourself the favor and have a talk with your GM concerning how WBL and downtime will be handled, else I fear youīre deep in, well, manure.

At lower level there will be downtime as the group is part of a traveling circus of sorts. At mid to higher levels, I'm not as sure as our exploits into mythic stuff will make the ring master will force us to leave in fear about people coming after us and destroying his circus.

Whatever you do, you will be forced to spent multiple days crafting, again and again.
- Ammunition, especially Alchemical Cartridges
- Your starting weapon ainīt masterwork, so no enchanting later on.

Basic Alchamical Cartridges wont be to horrible. With all the raw materials at the ready, I could make over 100 rounds in one day's work time. Also my starting weapon can be masterworked for 300gp but I rather save that money for other things.

A MW Revolver will cost you a tad above 2K gp and will take 3 days to craft. Thatīs only double the cost of crafting your MW Pistol and MW Dragon Pistol and significantly more worth it. Going by the WBL table, you should be able to afford that between 3rd and 4th level with no real hassle.

Ya, my first MW will be a revolver hands down. A MW Dragon pistol will be next in line to make and I won't even think about a MW Pistol unless I NEED one and can spare the 300 gp for my starter pistol.