PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spreadsheet of Magic Items by Value Buffed, Type, and Cost

th3f3z
2016-03-05, 12:52 PM
I took some time in between gigs to create a spreadsheet of magic items organized by value buffed, with their cost, the the type and value of the buff.

goo.gl/btBwIk

Notes:

In all but 3-5 cases, I discarded items that only granted a permanent bonus in some situations. The goal was to have a list of items that granted bonuses to any character in any situation the roll/value it grants a bonus to could be used. There are a lot of items that grant pretty sweet bonuses that characters have to be of a specific build to use, are only usable in specific applications, or specific situations. They're not on this spreadsheet. If that seems dumb to you, copy the sheet, and add in the stuff I passed over.

The AC and Saves sheets are weird with price, as I entered prices based on the cost to upgrade the base item, instead of its total cost. The reason is that the spreadsheet started as a simple reference to look at the most cost-effective way to upgrade values as a character levels, and then turned into something more comprehensive. If that is bad-wrong for you, just copy it to your Drive and adjust it.

I also discriminated against buffs that were of a limited duration. Some things, like Fly Speed, you have to accept a limited duration, but I erred on the side of discarding temporary buffs for everything I could.

If you see an error (and I know I must have made some, because this was uninteresting work that took longer than I'd thought) post here and I'll fix it.

Nyaa
2016-03-08, 06:55 AM
Thank you for your work.
I found a bug - six-digit prices are cut off and I can't change column width. Is it document bug or something's wrong with my browser's styles?

th3f3z
2016-03-08, 07:27 AM
Thank you for your work.
I found a bug - six-digit prices are cut off and I can't change column width. Is it document bug or something's wrong with my browser's styles?

I shared this document as view-only, but you can copy the sheet to your Drive and do with it what you like.

Caedes
2016-03-08, 01:09 PM
This is awesome! Well done!

th3f3z
2016-03-08, 11:01 PM
This is awesome! Well done!

Thanks, I hope it helps.