PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Neutral Death Clerics

Darklady2831
2016-03-05, 02:41 PM
Hey playground, I've recently made a cleric for an upcoming D&D game in real life. The game takes place in a homebrew setting of his design with its own gods, and one wonderful detail: Heroic Mortals can ascend to Demigod-hood, and many have over the long history of this world. Thus, the DM has said that if we want to create a minor hero-god for our characters to worship, we can. I've taken advantage of this fact and created a Dwarven Cleric of Death and War. His deity, Dagni Deathsworn, was a Dwarf warlord that turned to dark magic to save his people, establishing a tradition of death-wielding warrior-priests that has lasted for thousands of years. My cleric is Lawful Neutral, as is his god, but he Rebukes Undead.

My character will likely be the main healer of the group, considering our only other person capable of casting cure spells is a druid (who wants to not have to heal everyone all the time). Thus I turn to you, Playground. I need help finding ways to get the most out of my Cleric. He's no slouch with his Waraxe, nor his magic, but I want to be able to master the undead, fight on the frontlines, and keep my allies alive all at the same time.

The campaign starts at first level, and I've already taken Spontaneous Healer from the Complete Divine to negate the need to prepare Cure spells. So I'm not looking for immediate advice, but rather ideas and suggestions about where to go from here in terms of mechanical growth. Are there any Divine Necromantic Prestige Classes for neutral characters? Are there any Cleric Prestige classes that allow you to advance both your spellcasting and turning at full speed in addition to gaining special abilities? How about feats to help my character's Rebuking to shore up that lower Charisma score my Dwarf has?

Aleolus
2016-03-05, 03:02 PM
I had a human cleric of Wee Jas who was like this. Didn't get to play him very much, unfortunately, but I had been planning on him going into the Sanctified One PrC from Complete Champion (granted, he was mostly a Fighter with a handful of Cleric levels added in, rather than a Necromancer, but still).

As for your Rebuking problem, how about the Dwarf Cleric first level ACF Smite Giant? As long as your DM is willing to handwave the requirement that you worship a god who has a warhammer as their favored weapon, it can be quite useful. It's even keyed off of Constitution, rather than Cha