PDA

View Full Version : the spell "Creation" can it create gold?

vvilhelm
2016-03-05, 07:07 PM
Can you use the spell to create more gold? and if so how much?

Spectre9000
2016-03-05, 07:10 PM
Can you use the spell to create more gold? and if so how much?

I would say, as it says you can create only a single object, you would create only one gold coin for an hour. You could create 1 Platinum for an hour though, which is cool, but I think monster slaying and treasure seeking might be more profitable at 9th level, plus is gonna cause less problems for you.

pwykersotz
2016-03-05, 07:15 PM
Well, yes, it could create a 5' cube of gold for an hour. Though probably not a cube, since that's not a form you've seen before, unless you have some VERY weird hobbies.

I'd say a statue of four halflings holding hands, made from solid gold should do nicely though.

Belac93
2016-03-05, 07:17 PM
But I think monster slaying and treasure seeking might be more profitable at 9th level, plus is gonna cause less problems for you.

You know your life is messed up when this is true.

"You want to earn money for some work?"
"Na, I think I'll go risk my life and take gold of the dead bodies of my enemies. It'll be less troublesome."

Elderand
2016-03-05, 07:17 PM
Yes, you can create precious metal. In theory you could create a 25 ft cube of solid gold at the utmost. About 30 093.40 pounds of the stuff. But you can only create an object you have seen before. So to create that much gold there need to be a 25 ft cube block of solid gold somewhere.

And it vanishes after an hour.

For info that's enough gold to make 1 504 669 gold pieces. At least. Probably more because I doubt gold pieces are made of 100% pure gold.

Shaofoo
2016-03-05, 07:51 PM
Also since the duration has been talked about the spell takes Shadowfell wisps to turn it into actual material. So it can be discerned that such material could be magical (if being created by a magic spell wasn't enough).

So you might not be able to dupe a shopkeep into accepting a comically large gem when he can somehow detect magic on it.

Spectre9000
2016-03-05, 07:52 PM
You know your life is messed up when this is true.

"You want to earn money for some work?"
"Na, I think I'll go risk my life and take gold of the dead bodies of my enemies. It'll be less troublesome."

Thus is the life of the Murderhobo.