PDA

View Full Version : "Don't worry, I know charades!" - Where Are My Somatic Spells At?

Antipode
2016-03-06, 03:44 PM
Hi there! I'm running into a rather specific situation where chances are I'm not going to be able to cast Verbal spells thanks to some Silence effects and other things. The Silence effect needs to stay, so dispelling it won't be a thing that's happening.

One of the characters that'll be affected by this is an Archivist. Theoretical optimization is in full swing here, and the Archivist plucks from Divine Bard, Domain, Druid, and Cleric lists alike, as well as maybe a few others that I've forgotten.

I'm certain that floating somewhere out there in the ether are spells that don't have Verbal components, but even in regard to arcanists, I've found precious few like Rainbow Pattern.

Anyone have any insights on Somatic spells that can be used for any class? I'd accept virtually anything at this point. Throw some Oriental Adventures at me if you have to; whatever the spells, I wanna know them.

I know that a Metamagic Rod of Silent Spell or something would be the best solution here, and that'll be happening too, but I don't have the funds to load up on them. I'm pretty much just interested in spell choices fitting the criteria above.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To be totally clear, this is 3.5, but adapting 3.0 and Pathfinder content is highly doable.

dextercorvia
2016-03-06, 04:49 PM
Accelerated Movement Bard1
Air Breathing Cleric 3
Buoyant Lifting Druid 1
Coma Cleric 6
Death Grimace Blackguard 1
Dissonant Chord Bard 3
Distract Bard 1
Ease Pain Cleric 2
Eyes of the Avoral Cleric 1
Gaseous Form Air 3
Glibness Commerce 4
Heaven's Trumpet Bard 6
Hide from Animals Druid 1
Gide from Dragons Hoard 4
Impede Sun's Brilliance Druid 1
Invoke the Cerulean Sign Adept 2
Joyful Noise Bard 1
Know Opponent Cleric 3
Lantern Light Cleric 1
Mesmerizing Glare Bard 2
Mislead Bard 5
Naturewatch Druid 0
Panacea Cleric 4
Remove Fatigue Cleric 4
Resounding Voice Cleric 2
Rigor Mortis Cleric 2
Seek Eternal Rest Paladin 4
Silent Sound Bard 1
Spider Legs Cleric 2
Stop Heart Cleric 4
Stupor Cleric 1
Styptic Cleric 0
Tojanida Sight Druid 2
Tongue of Angels Cleric 0
Tongue of Fiends Cleric 0
Tyche's Touch Cleric 2
Understand Object Bard 1
Wave of Grief Cleric 2
Wave of Pain Bard 6
Wings of the Sea Cleric 1

Some of those are Sonic despite not having verbal components, and several of those are meant for underwater use.

MisterKaws
2016-03-06, 04:50 PM
PH: Gaseous Form, Glibness(useless), Hide From Animals, Mislead.

SpC: Accelerated Movement, Air Breathing, Amorphous Form, Amplify(yeah), Buoyant Lifting, Distract, Dream Sight, Hide From Dragons, Hunter's Mercy, Joyful Noise(...), Know Opponent, Mesmerizing Glare, Naturewatch, Stalking Brand, Sticky Fingers, Telepathic Aura(nice), Wings of the Sea.

Edit: Swordsage'd

Troacctid
2016-03-06, 08:29 PM
A Ring of Silent Spells would also be useful.