PDA

View Full Version : A query, if I may...

Krade
2007-06-19, 03:03 AM
Since I've started becoming more active on the boards, I've noticed something... odd. For some reason, within the first few hours of the new comic being posted, the link to the new comic only appears when I'm browsing the forum. Not when I'm on the main page. The main page still has the link to the last comic up.

Right now, for example, while I'm here on the forums, I can see the link for #467. On the main page, however, is still the link to 466.

Just wondering if this was on purpose or not. You know, give a little treat to the forum goers by letting them have the new comic a few hours earlier than anyone who only comes for the comic.

Edit: Upon a quick inspection to make sure it was still doing it, I discovered that it's not just if you are on the forums, so long as you browse the site at all, the new comic will show up. So it is when you FIRST come to the site that it doesn't show the new comic, but once you click on anything at all, the new one will appear.

Lilly
2007-06-19, 03:37 AM
Try clearing your cache before you browse to the main page.

Krade
2007-06-19, 11:04 AM
I have no idea what that means.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-06-19, 02:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_Internet_Files

Zherog
2007-06-19, 03:37 PM
Alternatively, when you're on the main page press Shift-F5. That'll force your browser to go load the page rather than using the locally stored copy. Just don't do it often - it'll affect the bandwidth usage here. :)

Ego Slayer
2007-06-19, 03:58 PM
If you're using Firefox: Tools>Options>Advanced.

Krade
2007-06-19, 10:48 PM
Ah okay. I know what temporary inernet files are. I just never heard of them refered to as my "cache."

And no, no Firefox for me, I run on the philistine browser better known as AOL. Not really much fun, but I don't game heavily online so it does its job fine.