PDA

View Full Version : Help answering a crafting question

Dimmet
2016-03-06, 09:44 PM
If the information I'm looking for is printed somewhere that is plainly obvious, then my Google-fu has failed me and I must atone.

I have cobbled together a weaponmaster/crafter-styled character, and several times have seen reference to being able to craft more than one item (weapon/armor) at a time. Or at least being able to progress more than one item at a time. I might be missing something painfully obvious, but could anyone tell me how crafting multiple items at once works?

Adrayll
2016-03-06, 09:47 PM
I don't have a citation, but for multiple nonmagical items, would you not just add up the total gold cost?

Dimmet
2016-03-06, 09:58 PM
If I can't find something a bit more official that might be what I present.

Hiro Quester
2016-03-06, 10:47 PM
Here you go. From "Creating Magic Items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#otherConsiderations)":

The caster works for 8 hours each day. He cannot rush the process by working longer each day. But the days need not be consecutive, and the caster can use the rest of his time as he sees fit

So if you do absolutely nothing other than craft and sleep, you could work 16 hours/day and be making two items at the same time.

Edit:
Or you could work on different items on different days, alternating.

Or you could make one item regularly, and also take twice as long on the second item and work 4 hours/day n that item.

Dimmet
2016-03-06, 11:36 PM
Here you go. From "Creating Magic Items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#otherConsiderations)":

So if you do absolutely nothing other than craft and sleep, you could work 16 hours/day and be making two items at the same time.

Edit:
Or you could work on different items on different days, alternating.

Or you could make one item regularly, and also take twice as long on the second item and work 4 hours/day n that item.

It's more mundane items I'm looking for. Does this also apply to crafting something without expending magic and such? Would this mean it takes me 8 hours to make two spoons?

sleepyphoenixx
2016-03-07, 02:24 AM
Get an Eternal Wand of Unseen Crafter (RoE). It's only a 2nd level spell, so it's not too expensive. It also lasts 1 day/CL and uses your own skill ranks.