PDA

View Full Version : Flavorful uses of Baleful Polymorph

slachance6
2016-03-06, 11:13 PM
I'm going to be playing a sorceress in a short high-level Pathfinder game, and one of her favorite spells is Baleful Polymorph. She is also able to cast the mythic version.

What are some karmic, ironic or flavorful new forms for various enemies? There are the obvious ones like gluttons turned into pigs and cowards into chickens, but I'm sure I'm missing some. What are some other thematic or creative uses of the spell?

Draconium
2016-03-06, 11:41 PM
If someone's being especially vain about their physical appearance, perhaps she could turn them into warty toads? Just a thought.

Granhyt
2016-03-07, 02:02 AM
I'm more familiar with the 3.5 version of the spell, but anyway :

Gluttons into hamster and hairy peoples into fluffy bunnies !
Slothful peoples into sloths, cause that's easy. Or maybe into beavers, because beavers are hardworking creatures. Or so a beaver told me.
Cranky old sages into owls and annoying toddlers into ... Well, anything, but mouses and toads have my preference here. Vains peoples could be nice peacock, or, like draconium said, makes them ugly toads or rats and make ugly peoples onto peacocks.
Also, fishes and reptiles are cool ideas. Turn them in newts ! They won't get better.