PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Conversion] Pathfinder Epic Level Handbook, v1.6 - the dead levels update

lordnequam
2016-03-07, 12:16 PM
Roughly two years ago, I brought you version 1.5 of a project I've worked on for ages: the Pathfinder Epic Level Handbook, based on the old Epic level Handbook that Wizards published for D&D 3.0.

Today, I'm happy to announce that version 1.6 is live and available! I'd love to link to it directly, but it seems I no longer have the ability to post links, since my post count is too low.

Instead, if you go to my website (jessejackjones followed by .com), then click on the link for "Pathfinder Supplements" on the left side of the screen, you can see it under the Epic Pathfinder Handbook heading.

The main revision of this 185-page guide is the elimination of dead levels. As one forum-goer said of the previous version, "I couldn't imagine grinding for millions of xp to just get an extra skill point and 1d8 HP."

Now, every class gains something at every level, be it a bonus class feat (now working off a standardized system to avoid low-feat-progression classes actually ending up with more feats in the short term), an iterative improvement of existing class features, or new, epic improvements to class abilities or spellcasting.
Other improvements in this edition include:

Reworking the universal class advancement bonuses
A "prowess bonus" that classes automatically get, to improve the utility of iterative attacks
A ton of new feats, bringing the total up to 445 epic feats (nearly three times as many as in the original Epic Level Handbook), with a new organization scheme to make the section more convenient
A new epic armor quality and three new epic weapon qualities
A new, across-the-board focus on boosting damage output rather than to-hit bonuses, with the aim of making combat more dynamic and much quicker

Please bear in mind that this is a living document and if you have any suggestions or corrections you'd like to bring to my attention, I'm always eager to improve what I can. That being said: please enjoy!

Composer99
2016-03-08, 07:47 AM
I got a notification saying the site was offline when I tried to reach it.

lordnequam
2016-03-08, 09:06 AM
That is annoying...I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know!