PDA

View Full Version : Is there no more Unearthed Arcana coming out?

Chadamantium
2016-03-07, 01:31 PM
Haven't seen anytihng for a couple of months now. Are they just focusing on the Dungeon Master's guild now?

Millstone85
2016-03-07, 01:42 PM
As seen here (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/march-2016-review):
Every couple of months as part of Unearthed Arcana, Mike and Chris review the latest material on the Dungeon Masters Guild and choose the best of the best to highlight.

Now, if UA itself only happens every couple of months...
Nevermind, I keep forgetting about the M/D/Y format.

GWJ_DanyBoy
2016-03-07, 02:00 PM
Well they need to get things rolling for it to be a viable platform. If no one is creating for it, then no one will use it. And if no one is using it, no one will create for it. This is particularly relevant during the early stages when trying to create adoption.

Arkhios
2016-03-07, 02:09 PM
This is the first month that I can remember with no actual UA article, so it's a bit too early to say "no UA ever again".
I'm thinking they might have something bigger on their hands right now, which takes everyone's time and effort to finish up. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Regitnui
2016-03-07, 02:17 PM
I'm thinking they might have something bigger on their hands right now, which takes everyone's time and effort to finish up.

*lights candle, finds Octogram and drips blood into chalice* Praying for an Eberron Explorer's Handbook!

JackPhoenix
2016-03-07, 02:21 PM
This is the first month that I can remember with no actual UA article, so it's a bit too early to say "no UA ever again".
I'm thinking they might have something bigger on their hands right now, which takes everyone's time and effort to finish up. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'll call March "the first month with no UA article" when there's no March UA up when April comes. The month just started.

Arkhios
2016-03-07, 02:22 PM
*lights candle, finds heptagram and drips blood into chalice* Praying for an Eberron Explorer's Handbook!

I'll bring the chalk to draw a heptagram, and second your wishes!

JackPhoenix
2016-03-07, 02:23 PM
Oh, wait...here it is: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/march-2016-review

So much for no UA

Zaq
2016-03-07, 02:28 PM
Oh, wait...here it is: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/march-2016-review

So much for no UA

It has the same name as UA, but it doesn't serve the same purpose, given that there's no actual content involved. It's basically an advertisement. It may be called "Unearthed Arcana," but I would absolutely take the side of people who choose not to call this a "real" UA article.

Regitnui
2016-03-07, 02:32 PM
I'll bring the chalk to draw a heptagram, and second your wishes!

It's the Octogram! Sorry! I usually use the Olladran Domino as my holy symbol, so I forgot! Aureon forgive me and hasten the WotC's work on the EEH!

Arkhios
2016-03-07, 02:51 PM
It's the Octogram! Sorry! I usually use the Olladran Domino as my holy symbol, so I forgot! Aureon forgive me and hasten the WotC's work on the EEH!

Well, Heptagram is also a thing. Who knows, it might even work *Shrugs, and continues drawing* :smallbiggrin:

mephnick
2016-03-07, 02:54 PM
So UA is now an ad for homebrew I never want to buy.

I guess it's about as useful as it was before then.

Arkhios
2016-03-07, 02:59 PM

That's still a very big assumption based on very little information. No one said it would be only like that from now on. It's like this for now. It might as well be like it used to be next month. Just as it's also possible that a "real" article is still underway, due to a later date this month.

Foxhound438
2016-03-07, 04:43 PM

absolutely savage m8

EvanescentHero
2016-03-07, 07:25 PM
Am I the only one who read the damn thing?

"Starting this month, and continuing every other month, we’ll dive into the Guild and highlight some of our favorite products."

We'll be back to normal UA in April, then June, then August, and so on.

Lines
2016-03-07, 07:26 PM
Am I the only one who read the damn thing?

"Starting this month, and continuing every other month, we’ll dive into the Guild and highlight some of our favorite products."

We'll be back to normal UA in April, then June, then August, and so on.

Doesn't mean I'm happy about it replacing UA this month.

EvanescentHero
2016-03-07, 07:33 PM
Doesn't mean I'm happy about it replacing UA this month.

That wasn't the point I was addressing. I'm also not thrilled about it. But we're still getting UA in the future, so people whining about it being dead are overreacting.

Chadamantium
2016-03-08, 04:08 PM
For some reason I had forgot they updated mystic last month and had thought their had been no new UA since January. Whoops. But I did take the time to go through some of what DMG(that'll get confusing fast) has to offer.

Regitnui
2016-03-09, 01:34 AM
For some reason I had forgot they updated mystic last month and had thought their had been no new UA since January. Whoops. But I did take the time to go through some of what DMG(that'll get confusing fast) has to offer.

The DMsG is interesting. I found Half-Giants as a player race (great for my eberron campaign), the Blood Magic thing (undecided on utility, but sounds great for the Blood of Vol) and a gunslinger archetype for fighters that could translate pretty well to hand crossbows were it not for a 'misfire' stat I'm having trouble adapting.