Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-07, 04:42 PM
-
-- Seeking mercenaries to investigate and eliminate a
--- potential sect of the Cult of Xantos. Be advised, these
-- cultists can be very dangerous, and their activities are
-- often profane, and their worship always illegal. You can
--- apply, or report any suspicious activity that may be
-- connected to the Cult at any of your local shrines.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cult of Xantos. You've heard of them before, in a passing conversation in a tavern, or maybe at a priestly seminar. You can't exactly recall, but phrases like "Undead Worship", "Chasing Immortality" and "Ancient God" come to your mind. Whether reading a job post, or else receiving a more personalized plea for assistance, you find yourself before you know it at the Cult's doorstep with a handful of companions.

Then... Something happened.

You don't remember much about the last hour. Something about a cup on an alter, fighting a few cultists. You rub your forehead as you sit up, watching as others around you nurse their various aches. Nobody seems actually hurt, which is a good thing, you suppose.

"Greetings!" You here a deep voice calls from out of the darkness. Orc, maybe? "Welcome, my friends, to what I lovingly refer to as, the underworks."

A light turns on above you, growing slowy brighter, until finally the dim orange glow illuminates the room. You find yourself trapped inside a large, iron cage, the bars curved and intricately woven together. You automatically begin to search for an escape, but cannot locate so much as a hinge. The ground below you feels cold and smooth, as though made of ceramic, and an ornately drawn sigil filling the base of the cage.

What you correctly perceived as an Orc chuckles at your confusion. He wears a long, red, hooded robe, tied around the waist with a badly frayed rope. The orange light reflects off of his shiny, hairless head, and gives his teeth a bloodstained appearance. "Interesting. Five. Usually just one or two powerful souls is all it takes to make it through our decoys. But five? A bit overkill, maybe." His smile fades into a frown as he tilts his head, examining you closely. "Or perhaps, you are five because you are too weak of soul individually. Hm. Tell me, who are you, and where do you come from. Then, I shall determine your fate."

Bryconium
2016-03-07, 05:53 PM
Ashley re-positions her shield as she stand. I am Ashley Cooper, from the eastern border. What is this place, Ser?

Dudeons
2016-03-07, 06:14 PM
Sagitor stands up, rubbing his head as he faces the orc. He leans against the cell bars in the orc's direction, a cocky grin on his face.

"How about this? You tell me why I'm currently in a cage, or..."

Sagitor pulls himself draws his longbow in one quick motion, nocking an arrow and aiming it at the orc's head. His grin does not falter as he aims.

"I'll put an arrow in your brain and see what memories I can pull out. Your choice."

Charisma (Intimidation): [roll0]

Eloel
2016-03-07, 06:19 PM
Thomas stands up, his head still aching. "Souls? Let's not be hasty, I like my soul." he comments, shooting a little acid at the bars on the other side of the cage from the orc, to see what happens.

Acid Splash on the bars

Bryconium
2016-03-07, 06:27 PM
(I completely forgot I could do this)
Ashley concentrates for a moment, using Divine Sense

One use of divine sense, which reveals any undead, celestial, or fiend within a 60 foot radius. I am aware of the type of creature. It also reveals any place consecrated or desecrated.

shadowmage
2016-03-07, 06:43 PM
Noraldreck sits up rubbing his head.
"By Clangeddin's beard what did I drink last night? The last time I felt like this was when Henet and me had that drinking contest with the Dragon Breath Ale."

Hearing the voice he jumps up and sees the orc. Seeming to know by instincts he reaches down for his shield and pulls out his battle axe.
" Come down here and I will show you overkill green skin or are you to afraid to face the blade of one of Clangeddin's choosen. "

Looking around at the others in the cage, he lets out a curse.
" By Clangeddin's short hairs! You've stuck me with a bunch of dandelion eaters. "

His mind starting to clear, memory returns.
"LUCAN! What have you done with Lucan? "

A change comes over Noraldreck as he seems to settle into a stance and with a deadly stead voice say.
"My name is Noraldreck Runeborn of The Shimmering Slopes. Remember it. Now what have you done with my friend."

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-08, 12:02 PM
The Orc smiles again, clapping his hands together once in front of him and rubbing them together in what seems to be excitement. Aiden begins to speak, but he is cut off. "It seems there is some fight in you yet! Very good!" He looks to Sagitor, still smiling, but his eyes and tone betray a deadly seriousness. "I wouldn't bring that fight to me, though. Very. Very unwise."

He then turns his attention to Ashley, "I do like your manners though, and as you have honored me with your names, I see befitting to return the favor. At any rate, you aren't going anywhere til I give the word." He clears his throat, like sandpaper on stone. "I'm am known as the Caretaker. Here, you shall soon see a facility dedicated to the research of souls, specifically their power, the power in an individual. Usually, as I said before, we run this experiment with one soul at a time. But, fate has given me this first opportunity to see how bonded souls grow together, and for that, you are very lucky. Otherwise, you might have been dead already."

"Now, I will say this. You will die down there, eventually. I do ask that you take your time about it, though. I would hate to lose potential souls too early. And yes," He winks at Thomas, something you realize Orcs should never do for the way it twists their face. "you may like your soul, but I fear I and my Master have infinitely more use for it than you. There is no escaping your fate. And who knows, maybe you will have the honor of bringing us one step closer to discovering immortality."

With that said, he raises his hand in the air, and the ground beneath you begins to move, slowly descending into the depths of the earth like a great elevator. You hear the grinding of stone on stone, but you manage to catch a few more words over the noise. "By the way, I don't know who Lucan is, but given your individual weaknesses, my guess is he didn't make it this far. What a pity, as six would have been even more fun."

--Divine Sense--
While you don't pick up anything specific within the radius, you feel a tug of evil coming from down below, a presence so abundant that it reaches out to you.

--Intimidate--
Failed, unfortunately. :/

--Acid Splash--
You can see out of the corner of you eye the Acid working into the metal, and it sizzles a little louder than you want. It looks like given time you could make progress.

Eloel
2016-03-08, 12:42 PM
As the elevator starts descending, Thomas shoots a little fire, aimed in the Orc's face.

[roll0][roll1]

As the Orc gets out of sight, "So much for getting out." Thomas mutters to himself. "If anyone has a plan, now is a good time."

shadowmage
2016-03-08, 12:45 PM
Noraldreck sets about checking his gear. Taking account of what, if anything is missing.
"OK. I may not like your kind but then working with you can not be worse then that time I worked with the Orc of the Great Crevice against that stone giant tribe. I am not sure how we got here. Do any of you?"

Looking around at the others.
" First thing we all need to know is what skills we bring to the field. Then we can start to plan. I am a Alaghor of Clangeddin Silverbeard, or what you might call a battle priest of the Knighthood of the Haft. I can call on Clangeddin to heal and enhance my allies or smite and bedevil my enemies, as well lay a good ol' fashion smack down on some people."

He awaits the others to reply with what they can bring to the field.

Bryconium
2016-03-08, 12:51 PM
Well that could have gone better.
I'm Ashley Cooper, a paladin of the holy church. I'm quite good with a sword and shield. Lets see if we can't prove this bastard wrong and make it out of here alive.

As she says this she draws her longsword and adopts a battle-ready stance

Dudeons
2016-03-08, 01:04 PM
Sagitor lowers his bow after the orc's response, puzzling over what he said. Once they descend, Sagitor turns to the others, standing tall and holding his bow over his shoulder.

"I am Sagitor Nightbreeze, the greatest archer alive," Sagitor says, smiling confidently, "You need an arrow somewhere, I can put there from any distance."

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-08, 01:08 PM
Thomas' firebolt hits the Caretaker squarely in the chest, and he stumbles back, caught off guard. "Fool." Is all he says, pointing a gnarled finger at the Half-Elf. Black flames surround Thomas, threatening to engulf him.

Thomas' Save (Dex)
Save = [roll0] vs. DC 17

Hellish Rebuke Damage
Damage = [roll1]

Thomas falls to the ground in a crumpled heap as the flames vanish, leaving his last sentence hanging in the air. He is incapacitated, but a quick look shows he is still breathing, and stable. At this point, the cage has descended to the point where the Orc is no longer visible. Only your companions, by the dim orange light, and the walls of stone around, can be seen.

shadowmage
2016-03-08, 01:09 PM
Looking at Thomas
"Well looks like some of you will be of use. I hope you can do more then a few parlor tricks."

Noraldreck watches in shock as the black flames spring up around Thomas and he crumples to the ground.
" By Clangeddin's short hairs! "

He rushes over to Thomas and starts to chant in dwarven, laying his hand on his chest. The twin silver battle axes on his shield seem to glow slight and take on a 3D loo, as healing magic flows into Thomas.

7+ 2(Wis mod) 9

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-08, 02:15 PM
Magic pours out from Noraldreck, and Thomas' body takes on a soft glow as magical burns begin to heal. The healing fades when all the damage is undone, and Thomas is awake again.

Bryconium
2016-03-08, 04:47 PM
The flames catch Ashley off guard as Thomas burns. She spins around to help but sees Noraldreck has already reached him. Instead she leans down to offer him some water.

Eloel
2016-03-08, 05:41 PM
Thomas thanks his brethren, slowly getting up and drinking some water. "Nope. Bad idea." he says, as he sits down, his head aching from his experience.

"So, yes. Wherever we are, whoever these people are, we should probably look to get out of here, and fast. Instead of fighting them, that is."

Philemonite
2016-03-09, 07:51 AM
The Half-Elf offers a rather pleasent bow to his new companions. "Aidan Mistcaller, it is a pleasure to meet you. I can offer you my lute and my magic. As well as some more subtle talents." With a friendly smile he winks at the others, particularly the dwarf.

shadowmage
2016-03-09, 08:18 AM
Noraldreck walks away from Thomas to study the walls passing trying to figure out what stone type it is and about how deep they are, as he does he tells Thomas.
" Don't make me regret helping you. Of course we fight. "

To Aidan he says:
" Ah at least are tale will be told when we get out here. I have fought beside your kind before. Our cohort drummer happened to be part of my squad. He could get us pretty worked up once he got beating on that drum, made me feel like doing the same on an enemies head."

Int(History) Stonework: [roll0]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-09, 10:14 AM
Stonecunning
You can tell the stone is non-magical, run of the mill mountain rock. The composition you see now reminds you of home, and you can tell that this shaft has been recently dug out. The moisture gathered on the rocks and their temperature gives you a good guess of between 400-500ft underground.

As the elevator slows, the stone is much, much older, as though the elevator shaft was dug into an already pre-existing tunnel.

At this point, the elevator begins to grind to a halt, revealing on opening in the stonework that leads to a small room, lit by a single torch. Stepping into the cavern, you see a large set of iron doors ahead, tall as three men and wide as six. The metal is rusted around the corners, with the faintest traces of a blue light poking through, but otherwise unremarkable and undecorated. Beside the door is a pull lever, and a large, nondescript chest with weapons of all sorts propped against it.

Bryconium
2016-03-09, 01:18 PM
Ashley heads over to the treasure chest, giving it a poke with her sword before taking a look at the weapons and trying to open the chest.

Eloel
2016-03-09, 01:57 PM
Thomas stands up, the world not rotating around his head anymore.

"Thanks. Noral, was it?" he says, grateful to the dwarf. He then follows Ashley off the elevator, standing clear of the chest but looking intently at it.

Perception:
[roll0]
Insight:
[roll1]
Trying to figure out anything unusual

Philemonite
2016-03-09, 02:00 PM
"I don't think I have ever seen such a obvious trap. Anyone wanna give it a poke?"

Eloel
2016-03-09, 02:08 PM
"If they wanted to kill us, the Orc was perfectly capable, he made that much clear." Thomas says, still standing back from the chest. "But not me, no, I've already nearly died once." he weakly and forcedly laughs.

shadowmage
2016-03-09, 02:24 PM
Noraldreck joins Ashley looking at the weapons. Speaking to no one in particular.

" We are about 450 feet down give or take. You might not be able to tell the difference but this stone much older then what is above. I think we maybe in an older tunnel. Which could be good or bad. Probably means a better chance for traps to be around but I hope it also means another exit. Ashley what do you think of the weapons? Can never have too many back-ups."

Looking over at Thomas.
" No it is Noraldreck, but I understand a need for a quicker name. I will not promise I will always respond to it outside of battle.

Looking to Aidan,, then the others.
" Fine back up.

Setting his shield in-front of himself and using it for as much cover as he can, flips the chest open.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-09, 02:43 PM
Aiden eyes the chest from a distance, nothing our of the ordinary catching his eyes. The wood is old, the metal on it faded. It looks well used, and none of the weapons by its side seem particularly ominous.

Ashley approaches the chest, sword extended before her, poking the chest several times. A few dusty splinters are knocked off, and a sword balanced against it clatters upon the stone floor, but other than that, nothing happens. Ashley and Noraldreck attempt to open the chest. It is unlocked, and the lid lifts with no resistance. Inside are an assortment of items. A quick glance reveals clothes, food, several bottles of liquid, and basic travel supplies. There also seems to be a letter tucked inside.

Around the outside, a long sword, a spear, and three javelins, propped against the wall.

Inside:
--Two sets of traveler's clothes
--8 days worth of rations, two flasks of water
--Two bottles of an unidentified milky liquid
--One bottle of orange liquid labeled "Strength of five men."
--Unidentified scroll.
--Climbing gear, including a 60' length of rope.

Also inside, a brief note.

"I hope you find these useful, adventurer. I would hate for you to perish before your soul has reached its peak! Remember, you are going to die, so make the best of the life you have left.

The Caretaker"

"Please.. Don't go in.."

A weak voice calls from the corner of the room, almost fully concealed in shadow. Even in the dim, you can tell he is in terrible shape. Slouched against the wall, legs out, is a human clad in half plate, his sword and helmet long since discarded and a flask in his hand. Closer inspection shows a mixture of water and blood on the floor below him, much of it seeming to seep out from his right leg. His face is deformed, appearing melted on one side. Out of his forehead, just off center, a horn protrudes, the skin around it torn as though the protrusion was sudden. By the way he moves his head when speaking, he appears blind.

"Please.." He calls again. "Don't give them your soul.."

Eloel
2016-03-09, 02:49 PM
Thomas is alerted at the man's presence. "Who are 'they'?", he asks. "What do they intend to do with our souls?" he continues, before pausing for a second.

"Who are YOU?" he finishes, expecting a detailed answer.

Persuasion (?)
[roll0]

Bryconium
2016-03-09, 03:09 PM
What happened to you? What's in the Underworks? What is it they want?

shadowmage
2016-03-09, 03:22 PM
Looking through the chest, setting aside items..
" Some of this could be useful. This letter will prove useful for someone when they take a dump to clean up. The Food and water need to take. I guess I will be testing these out. I would not want to upset anyone else delicate Constitution. Strength of five men? Now if it was 5 Dwarves then I would be impressed, Ashley you should probably take this.

Hearing the voice from the side he looks up and sees the Human? but being more concerned by practical matters and seeing Thomas dealing with him, he goes back to the chest.
"A scroll. I never trust trust things, never know when one might blow up in your face. I hope it is some use to one of us. Climbing gear, by Clangeddin I hope we do not need it, but I fear we will."

Having what he considers important set out he looks over to see what is happening with the human.

Dudeons
2016-03-09, 03:38 PM
"What is up with everyone and souls in this place?" Sagitor asks. He walks over to the disfigured human.

"Also, what happened to you?"

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-10, 09:33 AM
The human shakes his head, overwhelmed by the questions. "Please.. Just don't go.." He shakes his head again, more frantically this time, as though trying to dislodge something. His hands shake, dropping the flask. He begins to mumble to himself, strings of random words. This goes of for several seconds, and then suddenly, he stops, looking up in your direction.

"I am so sorry." He says, his head moving from side to side, as though trying to address everyone. His eyes are white, only the faintest traces of color remaining. "I have been here so long, the corruption is taking me."

After another brief pause. "I am Sir Avery, Paladin of the Silver Hand. I came here many months ago. Trapped like you, I imagine. Sent down here so I can fight for my soul." He winces, a fresh wave of pain shooting through him. "Our souls don't belong to Xantos, they belong to our gods. I refused to go in, to play his game. So I have since sat here, warning others against giving their souls to him, while the corruption slowly takes me."

"Please.. Don't go in there. Stay, and keep your souls. I don't know what they use them for, and I don't know what lies beyond that door, other than death. But I do know, Xantos won't get my soul."

Bryconium
2016-03-10, 10:45 AM
Ashley shakes her head
I can understand why you didn't go, but I can't accept my death so easily. I can't just sit in the dark and let this corruption take me; I have to fight against it, for both my life and my soul.

shadowmage
2016-03-10, 11:15 AM
"I agree. I am not going to hold up here. Sorry to say friend but I think you need to have more faith that your soul will get to where it belongs. I for one trust in Clangeddin's guidance and my on will to fight and know who ever is after this will not have a chance of getting my souls and if I have a say will not get any of these other souls. If for no other reason to show them the power of a true god. "

Wis(religion): 1d20+2 What god do the Paladin of the Silver Hand follow?

Eloel
2016-03-10, 11:51 AM
"Staying here spells death, going in is a fighting chance. You are no paladin if you think any god would want you to suffer to your own death rather than fight the evil trying to claim innocent souls."

"Come with us, let us defeat this evil."

Persuasion.

[roll0]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-10, 04:02 PM
At Thomas' words, Sir Avery lowers his head and begins mumbling again. Then he shudders, and begins to sob, gently. He takes a crumpled piece of paper out from the sack beside him. You can tell there's writing on it, but you can't tell what. He stares at it blankly for several minutes before speaking again.

"Before I went blind, I wrote a letter to my wife. I knew at that point my life was loss, but still, I held onto the hope that maybe someone could deliver it.." He sniffs, the coughs, as though unable to catch his breath. "I don't remember exactly what it says anymore, just a farewell.. I'm not in any state to travel. My leg" he gestures toward the place in his armor oozing blood "is rotting away, this cursed place taking me piece by piece..." Once again, he falls silent, his face screwed up in concentration, as though choosing his next words carefully.

"If you would be willing.. To help me along.." He tosses the letter aside, where it begins to soak in mud. "I would like to never have to give her that letter."

Good rolls! Thomas has persuaded the Paladin to try, and Ashley is actually quite familiar with the Silver Hand, knowing that they are followers of Helm, predominantly, though they pay homage to other lawful gods, taking to law before good, but of course both when able. You also know that they hail from much further north, which leads you to believe that either this paladin is quite far from home, or else there is more than one portal to the Underworks.

Bryconium
2016-03-10, 04:38 PM
Ashley leans done to help him up, giving him a javelin to use as an improvised cane.
Don't worry, we'll get out of here. They can't keep our light locked away forever.

Eloel
2016-03-10, 04:40 PM
"Let's not keep your wife waiting longer." Thomas encourages Sir Avery. Seeing Ashley take care of the man, he goes to the chest, grabbing the scroll from the chest.
"Unless anyone else wants it?" Thomas inquires, as he stashes the scroll.

shadowmage
2016-03-10, 04:58 PM
"That's the spirit! Make your wife proud and Help will welcome you with open arms once it is your time.Besoides I am sure you will do better then ol' Lokrouk both his legs were broken and he made us load him in a wheel barrel. HAHAHAHA You should have seen Notmag charge ahead pushing him in the wheel barrel as Lokrouk was swinging his battle axe. The enemy had no clue what was coming. "

He walks over to the chest and grabs the two unknown potions. Popping off the cap on each in turn he sniffs them. Then pours a little on his finger and taste to try and determine what they are.

Assuming I survive. /9->

He then packs the rations, cloths and climbing kit into his pack. The rope he drapes over himself like a bandanna for easy access and makes sure is out of his way.
" Best to leave nothing behind. Sir Avery I think I can use a couple of those javelins or even the haft of the spear and a javelin to make a brace for your leg. I would recommend the spear haft and Javelin. So you have the other two javelins to throw. But you will know your capabilities better.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-11, 02:55 PM
Sir Avery manages a weak smile for Thomas, leaning heavily on Ashley as he struggles to stand. He takes a Javelin as Noraldreck speaks, shaking his head again and propping himself up with it, leaning against the cavern wall. Somehow, he looks a little less wretched, but still not in a good state. He breathes heavily from the effort.

"I appreciate the offer, Binding my leg.. But it's gone.." He moves his hip so that his right leg swings freely, and the shin plate falls off, neither flesh nor bone left to support it. Just below the knee is black, and drips with a sludge-like consistency. "I won't be much in a fight, but I still have some magic. Mostly just healing."

He reaches out for his sword, asking someone to grab it for him. "I can try though. Also, grab my flask for me." He points to the ground, some way away from the flask he dropped earlier, which you realize now, after all this time, is still pouring out. "It never goes empty. Magical. Only reason I lasted this long.." He grimaces as the pain hits him again, buckling his one good leg underneath him. He fights to stand again, finally managing with some help.

"The.. The pull chain by.. The door.. That's.." He coughs again, taking a second to catch his breath. "That's how the door opens.. Used to tell people it was trapped. But it's safe. Just find it, and pull it."

You feel a pleasant sensation in your gut as you taste the potions. You spent enough time in the priestly profession to know there are healing potions, though how potent, you don't know.

Eloel
2016-03-11, 03:00 PM
Thomas moves near the door, taking a peek at the scroll as everyone gets ready.

"Ready when you are, let's save our souls."

What is the scroll? Do I have any ideas? Can I cast it?

Bryconium
2016-03-11, 04:07 PM
Making sure Sir Avery is supported, she walks over to the pull chain and gives it a yank. Taking the orange potion offered by Noraldreck, she positions her shield across her body and faces the opening door.

shadowmage
2016-03-11, 08:29 PM
"Thomas, Sagitor each of you should take one of these." He holds out the two potions. " They are healing potions. I am not sure how strong but thy should keep you up till one of the other of us can get to you if need be.

Eloel
2016-03-11, 10:37 PM
Thomas simply bows at the dwarf, grabbing the potion as he stands. He stashes it in his belt pouch.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-14, 03:19 PM
For several seconds, after Ashley pulls the chain, nothing happens. Then, you hear a crunching noise as the ground begins to shudder. Something akin the footsteps of a giant can be heard and felt from the other side of the door. Dust gathered upon the cavern ceiling begins to fall, and Sir Avery once again loses his balance, crashing to the ground.

The great, iron doors slowly begin to open, pale blue light flooding the room. Through the glow, you can see the shapes of two colossal humanoids opening the doors, one on each side. The doors leave deep grooves in the grounds, grinding upon the dirt and rock. As the air rushes past you from the world beyond the doors, the smell of decay assaults your nose, and for the first few breaths, your chest burns. The feeling quickly subsides however, though a slight tingling across your skin does not.

To move through the doors, the scene before you sends a shiver down your spine. The air is cool, and past the initial rush, completely still. As the stony giants finish pulling the doors open, all becomes quiet, your ears ringing from the lack of noise. The scene before is beautiful, but at the same time, fill you with awe and dread.

http://i68.tinypic.com/jt8luh.png

The world you find yourself in is massive, stretching on for what could be miles. In the distance, dead ahead, you see a glowing structure, giving off soft light to all around it. /it's construction is unlike anything you have seen, seeming from this distance to be composed of gold and light. Around it, you see the decayed ruins of a civilization long gone and forgotten, though a few lights from fresh torches or fires still burn. Beyond the glow and the city, the darkness seems to stretch on into infinity.

Sir Avery, back on his foot once more, follows closely behind, muttering again to himself. "The air here.. Poison.." Is all he says as you and your companions step out into the light. You find yourselves on a ledge, some 120 feet to the ground, overlooking the whole scene.

The giants begin to close the doors behind you.

The ledge is a direct drop to the ground, though looks rough and climbable. The scroll the Thomas has he can identify as a higher level of magic than his current capabilities. It's Levitate.

shadowmage
2016-03-14, 06:04 PM
Noraldreck watches the the giants to make sure they are not a threat for a moment then looks out across the cavern. Sniffing the air.

"Yes I am sure it is."

Looking down h puts a hand to the rope.
"Looks to be to far for the rope. With a little guidance I might be able to make it down. But we will have trouble getting Sir Avery down. Anyone else bring any rope?"

Bryconium
2016-03-14, 10:34 PM
Ashley takes some rope out of her pack as she looks over the side of the cliff.
Well, I've got some as well. If we could get just a bit more rope we should be able to get close enough to the ground.
She takes a moment to survey the landscape, looking for anything of note.
So this is not what I was expecting at all. Who could have possibly built this?

Perception roll: [roll0]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-15, 08:37 AM
Posting for Aiden. Anything I do or say with the character may not be true to the nature of the character, and this is only for the intention of keeping the character relevant and the story moving. My priority will be the survival of the character, so Philemonite has something to return to. When he returns, please disregard any character or personality traits that may have altered the way your character sees Aiden, as I may well have not remained true to Philemonite's vision for Aiden.

Thank you for bearing with me. I hope I can do the character justice.

Aiden seems to ponder Ashley's question for a moment. "Someone beautiful, I suppose. It wasn't you, was it Avery?" He gives a sarcastic smile, though Sir Avery grunts, missing the humor. "Oh, it's only a joke."

He squints, trying to peer out into the cavern, to find something of note. "I can't see a blasted thing for all this light. I heard a story once, of stones that glow. Nothing like this though." He chuckles. "Maybe we can shave that dwarven beard, weave it into the last few feet of rope we need. Or if anyone's feeling generous, just jumping. Give us something to land on at the bottom."

History
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

Dudeons
2016-03-16, 08:00 AM
"I have some rope," Sagitor says, grabbing the said object from his pack, "Here."

shadowmage
2016-03-16, 08:38 AM
Gathering all the rope together and starts tying them together. Then begins to look around for something to tie them to up here.
"I think this might be enough to get us down. Do one of you think you can climb down with out the rope? I would hate to leave it here."

Looking Ashley up and down noting her muscular arms and ease she moves in her Armour.
"Ashley, I think it is a toss up on which of us would have it easier carrying Sir Avery down. What do you think?

Eloel
2016-03-16, 09:36 AM
"Carrying down?" Thomas exclaims. "The rope is not nearly strong enough."

"Now, if whoever is the nimblest can climb down first, I'll bring the rest of us down there." he says, looking intently at Sagitor.

I have featherfall. Affects 5 people, but we are 6 with the paladin with us, so someone needs to climb down

shadowmage
2016-03-16, 09:55 AM
Eyeing Thomas.
"I will climb down. This will be not worse then the caves I use to climb around as a young'un. "

Noraldreck breaks out the climbing kit and starts putting on the gear with practiced ease.

Bryconium
2016-03-16, 12:40 PM
If you are going to climb down, at least let us tie the rope around your waist. I'll secure it up here and hold on as you go down, then Thomas can hopefully handle the rest of us.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-16, 02:25 PM
You see a small handful of rocks buried into the ground, a few coming up as you pull on them and others staying lodged in place. You find a particularly large stone right by the edge that doesn't move.

(With a perception roll of 19)
You also spot a outcropping where a rope had previously been tied, a loop of hemp still around it. It has ben cut where the length meets the edge of the cliff, but whether intentionally or by rubbing against the sharp rocks, you cannot tell.

Sir Avery looks nervous, taking a seat while the group decides, having no input of his own. He tucks his head into his one remaining knee, as though exhausted or in pain.

Aiden shakes his head with a smile, taking a glance over the edge. "Looks like we're jumping after all." He looks to Thomas. "I hope what you have in mind is better than that fire bolt you threw. That didn't work so well."

The plan as I understand it is Noraldreck climbs down first, then everyone else jumps and Thomas casts featherfall. Correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, proceed ICly. I do need..

--A Dexterity or Intelligence check, from whoever is securing the rope.

--Noraldreck, I need three climb athletics checks from you for each step of the way. Take advantage on them, as you have the climbing gear, rope, and experience with climbing.

--Anyone who want's to make a Con check to not vomit on the dwarf on the way down may do so. I hear feather fall is rough on the stomach. ;)

Bryconium
2016-03-16, 03:16 PM
Securing the rope at the top and around Noraldreck, Ashley posistions herself so she can hold onto the rope should Noraldreck start to fall.
If I could get some help with this rope, then we should be able to hold Noraldreck should he slip.

Dex check to secure rope: [roll0]

Dudeons
2016-03-16, 03:22 PM
"Not a problem, miss!" Sagitor says cheerily, striding over to the rope and holding it steady.

Dexterity: [roll0]

shadowmage
2016-03-17, 07:19 AM
"OK. Keep an eye on the edge I can see over there where someone else climbed down and something or someone cut the rope. I will go down as quick as I can and if I see anything will call out and cover your trip down.

Giving one last check of the rope he drops over the side out of site.

1st Str (athletics) [roll0]
1st Str (athletics) [roll1]
2nd Str (athletics) [roll2]
2nd Str (athletics) [roll3]
3rd Str (athletics) [roll4]
3rd Srt (athletics) [roll5]

Eloel
2016-03-17, 08:58 AM
Thomas waits for the rest of the group to be ready - "We need to jump together. I'll jump at 0, and if you jump with me, you get safe passage down there." he says, counting down from 3 when they're all near the cliff. He jumps at 0, casting feather fall on everyone in the air when he's half-way down.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-17, 09:20 AM
Ashley and Sagitor work together to tie the rope to a large, sturdy stone, securing it the best they can manage, though even to the casual observer the knot looks a little sloppy. It holds up to a few good tugs, but common sense brings the party to take hold of the rope, just in case. Even Sir Avery takes hold at the end, sitting with both hands clasped around the hemp, as though he would rely more on his weight than his remaining strength.

"I've a silver piece to the Dwarf falling to his death." Aiden says, almost too cheerfully as he takes hold by Sir Avery. "Would be a real disappointment that poor ugly caretaker if we can't manage a little cliff."

Norakdreck gives the rope one last tug to make sure his companions are steady before making his descent. The cliff face, while intimidating at first, makes a surprisingly easy climb for the Dwarf. Undoubtedly, a story or two of more difficult climbs comes to his mind as he makes his way down, never slipping or struggling for a foothold. The gentle climb makes life easy for those holding the rope. The knot never slips, nor does the part of the rope against the rough ground suffer any damage.

Noraldreck reaches the ground without incident.

The first thing you notice is how soft the ground is. Not quite sandy, but much more loose than the packed earth and stone more common to caverns. The pale light from the artifact in the center of the cavern barely reaches this far, making for deep shadows along the cliff, but for the most part, you can see. A quick scan shows nothing but dirt and the occasional stalagmite protruding from the ground. You can see the faded lights of the ruins before you, with seemingly nothing but a stretch of open wasteland between you.

You also catch out of the corner of your eye what looks like a humanoid shape propped against the cliff some distance away, roughly about the same spot the severed rope would have led. The shape doesn't seem to stir.

Guess he didn't make it.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group gathers around Thomas as he speaks, Aiden leading Sir Avery to the edge, and giving him a good push as he too jumps at the count of 0. Anyone who jumped is caught in Thomas's spell, and feels a gentle tug in their stomach as their descent slows. The party touches down around Noraldreck a few seconds later, and even Sir Avery manages to land upright, though with a light grimace.

I assume everyone jumped with Thomas, but if for some reason you stayed behind, feel free to roleplay it out. If everyone jumped, I'm also going to assume someone had the foresight to untie the rope and bring it with them. :)

shadowmage
2016-03-17, 10:15 AM
Norakdreck calls out at Aiden's words.
" I heard that."

At the bottom Norakdreck takes off the gear and puts it away and starts gathering up the rope once it drops as he waits. Bending down grabs a bit of dirt. Squinting at it then sniffing and finally tasting a bit before spitting it out.
" Bah bad stone.

If it looks like he will have a few minutes wait he decides to go check out the body for anything interesting or of use.

Bryconium
2016-03-18, 02:12 AM
After landing safely and making sure Sir Avery is ok, Ashley goes and surveys the landscape.
We really only have one landmark, we should probably head towards it, see if we can find a way out.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-18, 02:20 PM
Noraldreck ventures off while the rest of the group lands and gets their bearings, intending the check the corpse propped against the cave wall. Nothing much more than a skeleton left from the looks of it, though tattered clothing and what appears to be a backpack might have something useful in them.

Perception
[roll0]

Noraldreck hears the Grey Ooze before he sees it, the sound of something wet slapping the stone above you. He looks up and jumps back just in time to avoid getting crushed by it as it hits the ground, quivering. Another Ooze slaps down right next to it. Noraldreck backs towards his companions as the oozes recover.

Yes everyone, we are in combat! Two Grey Oozes have dropped to the ground in front of Norakdreck. Below is a map of the scene. Also beloe, you will find another set of spoilers with the oozes stats, as well as Checks to determine how much each character knows. Feel free to read the whole spoiler, just please stay in character for what you know.

You guys have the first round, while the Oozes recover from their fall. Actions happen in posting order.

http://s29.postimg.org/y05f86c1j/First_Encounter1.png

Noraldreck = Red beard in front
Ashley = Has a shield
Sagitor = Bright green shirt
Aiden = Brown Vest
Thomas = Purple with fire
Sir Avery = Missing a leg

Post moves like this, since I don't have a labeled grid.
Move: 2 North, 2 Northwest, for example.

HP: 20
AC: 8

Saves:
STR +1; DEX -2; CON +3; INT -5; WIS -2; CHA -4

Nature/Arcana Checks for Ooze abilities. (Whichever is highest)
Noraldreck = [roll1]
Aiden = [roll2]
Ashley = [roll3]
Sagitor = [roll4]
Thomas = [roll5]
Sir Avery = [roll6]

You know that Grey Oozes corrode non-magical metal when they come in contact with it.
(Permanent -1 to weapon damage if used to hit an Ooze.)
(Permanent -1 to armor AC value if hit by Ooze.)

You know that Grey Oozes are resistant to Fire, Cold, and Acid.

Bryconium
2016-03-18, 03:17 PM
Ashley runs up towards Noraldreck, taking hold of one of her javelins. Using the momentum from her movement she winds up and hurls the javelin at one of the oozes. Whatever you do, don't let that ooze touch you, it'll eat right through your steel!

Ashley moves up towards Noraldreck to the square one to the right and below where he is standing and throws one of her javelins at the yellow-bordered ooze.
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Eloel
2016-03-18, 03:22 PM
Thomas, learning the oozes are resistant to anything he can magically create, falls back to mundane means. He pulls out his crossbow, and shoots at the ooze that just had a javelin pinned to it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

shadowmage
2016-03-18, 03:43 PM
"Yes Bruzmolydd lost her hand to one in a battle with one larger then these out on a patrol. It was a sad day, but she never did quite. She learned to fight as well with the other hand. But I think we might want to fall back and draw them away from the others."
Norakdreck chants out a few words in dwarven brandishing his shield, the silver axes glow ever so lightly and appearing more real for a Flame-like radiance descends on a an ooze.

Sacred Flame DC 13 Dex for no damage [roll0] Target red ooze

Dudeons
2016-03-21, 10:02 AM
Sagitor draws his bow, aiming it at the slime carefully as his eyes glow turn purple. He had heard that the slime could eat through arrows, so he didn't want to waste any more than he needed.

Casting True Strike on the slime

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-21, 03:42 PM
Ashley's javelin Punctures the [Yellow] Ooze, sinking deep into the creature. A dull, brown liquid begins to seep out, acid that you can visibly see eating away at the spear. Thomas' crossbow bolt hits the same Ooze right by where the javelin hit, sinking in completely. The Ooze shudders, more acid leaking from the new hole.

Noraldreck chants, bringing forth holy fire upon the [Red] Ooze. Through luck or a potent sense of danger, however, the Ooze lurches forward at the right moment, the Sacred Flame just missing it. Sagitor watches the [Red] Ooze carefully, his eyes glowing as he raises hit bow, ready to fire.

Aiden steps up beside Thomas, raising his own crossbow. "I can make that shot!" He shouts with confidence and fires at the [Yellow] Ooze, hitting the solid rock wall behind it. "Sun was in my eyes.." You hear him mutter as he goes to reload.

Sir Avery hobbles as clos to the front of the action as he can, intending to support Ashley and Noraldreck. He turns to the three behind him, shouting "Aim well!" And Sagitor, Thomas, and Aiden feel a blessing fall upon them.

Two more Oozes fall from the cliff some short distance behind the party, one like the other Grey Oozed, and the other a metallic color, like liquid silver, slightly larger than the others.

Ashley Hits the Yellow Ooze.
Thomas Hits the Yellow Ooze.
Red Ooze Dodges Noraldreck's Sacred Flame.
Sagitor Casts True Strike on Red Ooze.
Aiden Misses the Yellow Ooze.
Sir Avery Casts Bless on Sagitor, Aiden, and Thomas

Yellow Ooze has 2 HP left.
Red Ooze has 20 HP left.

A Grey Ooze has joined the fight.
A Silver Ooze has joined the fight.

Silver Ooze = 19
Group = 12
Yellow Ooze = 9
Red Ooze = 8
Green Ooze = 3

The Silver Ooze lurches forward, curling over itself to build up speed. Making it's way up to Aiden, it raises a part of itself above the ground, like a giant metal fist, and slams itself towards Thomas. Luckily, Thomas manages to jump out of the way, the Silver Ooze not so much as snagging his cloak.

MAP: http://postimg.org/image/g1hhehqg7/

HP: 30
AC: 12

Saves:
STR +2; DEX +1; CON +2; INT -5; WIS -2; CHA -4

Nature/Arcana Checks for Ooze abilities. (Whichever is highest)
Noraldreck = 12
Aiden = 17
Ashley = 4
Sagitor = 8
Thomas = 15
Sir Avery = 16

You know that Silver Oozes are resistant to mundane attacks.
(Resists Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing from non-magical sources)

You know that Silver Oozes eat metal, but corrode objects over a long period of time. Their bellies often contain treasure that is still intact.

Dudeons
2016-03-21, 04:07 PM
"Only an amateur needs excuses, Thomas," Sagitor chides, carefully lining up his shot, "Let me show you a master's shot!"

With that, Sagitor fires an arrow at the slime he previously targeted.

Attack: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Eloel
2016-03-21, 04:52 PM
"It's not me that missed, dummy." Thomas says, moving to O-8. "And I don't even like shooting this thing." he comments, shooting out fire from his hand at the silver ooze.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dudeons
2016-03-21, 05:06 PM
"Half-humans are so hard to tell apart," Sagitor quips, trying to nonchalantly hide his error.

Bryconium
2016-03-21, 05:49 PM
Letting out a shout Ashley charges forward and grabs the javelin sticking out of the ooze. She pivots and rips out the javelin with a violent tearing motion.

Basically I'm trying to attack the monster by tearing out the javelin. I'm not entirely sure what I should roll for this, so I'm just going to roll a strength check and an attack roll. If I need to do anything else I guess you can roll it yourself or I'll redo the round. To attack Ashley runs to 1M. If the ooze dies, she'll retreat backwards two squares to 1O. Str check: [roll0] Attack: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]

shadowmage
2016-03-21, 07:25 PM
"Less gossiping ladies and more killing. These things are starting to surround us and it is not like they are tactical geniuses."
As Norakdreck moves over to Thomas flank, he chants out a few words in dwarven brandishing his shield, the silver axes glow ever so lightly and appearing more real for a second and a Flame-like radiance descends on the silver looking ooze.

"I have never fought one of these silver ones before but I have heard they are more resistant to weapons. It is like hitting water all give. So Thomas and me should handle it and everyone else focus on the others. Focus fire if you can. Some one call a target and everyone hit it. Thomas drop back and I will keep it off you. I can take what it can give better I think. Clangeddin always liked us up close and personal so maybe he will guide my hand better from here.

Move to R6
Sacred Flame DC 13 Dex for no damage [roll0]Target Silver ooze.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-22, 09:15 AM
Sagitor holds his aim, waiting for the perfect shot. As the [Red] Ooze begins to move and starts turning in on itself, the opportunity presents itself. Sagitors Arrow pierces the Ooze, catching it with such force that the arrow flies out the other side. The Ooze writhes, brown acid spewing from it's wounds, and it curls on itself, stunned.

Ashley runs for the [Yellow] Ooze, taking the haft of her javelin and driving it in deeper, tearing the slime wide open as she pulls her weapon free. The rupture is too great for the Ooze to keep it's form, and it shivers one last time before melting into the ground, a sick mixture of mucus and acid. The smell is incredible, like burnt metal. Sir Avery had been hobbling forward to help Ashley, but turns his attention to the [Red] Ooze.

The others turn on the Silver Ooze, it being the immediate threat. Thomas attempts to burn it, magical fire erupting from his hands. Still caught up in the motion of dodging the Ooze, however, he shoots wide, even with Sir Avery's magical blessing. Noraldreck steps in, catching the Oozes attention with fire from above, the Ooze shaking slightly from the force of the light. Aiden hears Noraldreck's words, and drops his crossbow in favor of spells. "I hope this works.. Hey slimeball!" He shouts as he makes a simple arcane gesture. The Ooze goes docile for a brief second, seeming unsure who to attack.

The [Red] Ooze shudders again from it's wounds, unable to so much as move.

The [Green] Ooze rolls up to Sagitor, potentially catching him unaware if not for the loud squelching noises. It raises a Pseudopod, attempting to catch Sagitor in the gut. Sagitor dodges, the Ooze just catching his armored clothing. The contact leaves a small acid stain, but the damage is only superficial.

The Silver Ooze, supremely affected by Aiden's spell, attempts to attack both Aiden and Noraldreck as the same time, both of which end in failure as the Ooze spreads itself too thin, taking a few seconds to morph back into it's original shape.

Updated Map: http://postimg.org/image/kuhusy5z7/

Sagitor Critically Hits the [Red] Ooze, dealing an extra 7 Damage and Stunning it. (13 damage)
Thomas Casts Firebolt, missing the Silver Ooze.
Ashley Attacks the [Yellow] Ooze, destroying it. Recovers her Javelin. (6 damage)
Noraldreck Casts Sacred Flame, the Silver Ooze Failing to Dodge. (2 damage)
Sir Avery Moves Toward the [Red] Ooze.
Aiden Casts Vicious Mockery, the Silver Ooze Critically Failing to Resist. (4 damage)

The [Yellow] Ooze is Dead.
The [Red] Ooze is stunned until the end of Player Round.
The [Green] Ooze misses Sagitor.
The Silver Ooze unable to attack due to a Critically Failed Save.

[Yellow] Ooze = 0 HP
[Red] Ooze = 7 HP
[Green] Ooze = 20 HP
Silver Ooze = 24 HP

Side Notes:
--You guys are destroying these Oozes. :) I'm loving watching this go down.
--Ashley's Javelin has been heavily corroded. Currently, it is -2 to damage.
--This round notes well how I handle Critical Successes and Failures. Be aware, very good and very bad things may happen going forward.

Bryconium
2016-03-22, 09:35 AM
Tossing aside her ruined javelin and drawing another, Ashley hurls it at the red ooze.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

shadowmage
2016-03-22, 11:06 AM
"Nice shoot Sagitor. I could not have done as well myself. "
Again Norakdreck chants out a few words in dwarven brandishing his shield, the silver axes glow ever so slightly and appearing more real for a second and a flame-like radiance descends on the silver looking ooze.

Eloel
2016-03-22, 11:17 AM
Thomas takes a couple more steps back, letting those more durable than him be close to the ooze. He lets loose another firebolt, aimed at the silvery goo.

Move to O6
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dudeons
2016-03-22, 11:21 AM
"Of course not," Sagitor says, "You're not me."

Sagitor backpedals from the ooze that attacked him, firing an arrow at the ooze as he does so.

Moving to P6.

Damage: [roll1]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-22, 04:14 PM
Ashley's Javelin barely catches the [Red] Ooze, grazing past it, but opening another gash for acid to spill out. The Javelin itself continues for another few feet past the Ooze, piercing the dirt behind it. Not enough acid coated the Javelin to cause any corrosion.

Noraldreck casts another volley of holy fire upon the Silver Ooze, though this time the Ooze was ready for it shifting out of the way. "Dwarves stink!" Aiden says, casting the same magic as before. The Ooze shudders as before, but seems to shrug it off much better than before. "Oh, sorry. I meant Oozes." He winks at the Dwarf.

Thomas attempts to back away from the Silver Ooze, avoiding a reactionary appendage, and casting a retaliatory firebolt. The flames catch the Ooze, and for a moment, you think a portion of the creature may have melted.

Sagitor narrowly avoids another swing from the [Green] Ooze, taking aim and loosing an arrow as he moves. The arrow finds its mark, rupturing the Oozes membrane as the arrow, feathers and all, disappear inside.

Sir Avery makes ready to move and heal any who would need it.

The [Red] Ooze rolls forward, making it's way slowly toward Ashley.

The [Green] Ooze follows Sagitor, making it's way around Aiden. It rears back, and Sagitor mistimes his dodge to avoid the attack. A sticky, acid coated appendage catches him squarely in the chest, knocking the wind out of him, and damaging his armor. The pain eats at Sagitor, but he remains conscious. Sir Avery reaches out to Sagitor, healing his wounds, subsiding the pain.

The Silver Ooze rears back against Noraldreck, sensing the most metal on him. A metallic fist swings towards the Dwarf, it's aim dead on until suddenly jerking to the left, slamming harmlessly on the ground. Aiden smiles, seeing his magic as work.

Updated Map: http://postimg.org/image/e0hh57cld/

Ashley Hits the [Red] Ooze with her Javelin. (4 damage)
Noraldreck Casts Sacred Flame on the Silver Ooze, but the Ooze dodges.
Thomas Moves, avoiding an Attack Of Opportunity, and Casts Firebolt, Hitting the Ooze. (5 damage)
Sagitor Moves, avoiding an Attack of Opportunity, and Hits the Ooze with an Arrow (11 damage)
Aiden Casts Vicious Mockey on the Silver Ooze. Silver Ooze fails to Save. (2 damage)
Sir Avery readies an action to heal the first wounded ally with Lay on Hands.

The [Red] Ooze Double Moves.

The [Green] Ooze follows Sagitor's path, and Hits Sagitor. (3 bludgeoning, 5 acid damage)
------Sir Avery uses Lay on Hands to heal Sagitor for 8 HP.

The Silver Ooze misses Noraldreck, attacking with disadvantage.

[Red] Ooze = 3 HP
[Green] Ooze = 9 HP
Silver Ooze = 17 HP

Notes:
--Sagitor's Armor now provides 1 less AC until either replaced or repaired.

shadowmage
2016-03-22, 04:27 PM
"Well being half-human I see why the joke is half funny. You might what to move or soon there might only be half of you standing there. Clangeddin my lord I know you like us going at it with our axes. I ask your favor in this as I want my axe around later to plant in somethings head."
Again Norakdreck chants out a few words in dwarven brandishing his shield, the silver axes glow ever so slightly and appearing more real for a second and a flame-like radiance descends on the silver looking ooze.

Eloel
2016-03-22, 04:31 PM
Thomas, trying to make some space for everyone, turns at the red ooze and shoots his crossbow at it.

Move to O8 afterwards.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Those rolls. Sad.

Bryconium
2016-03-22, 06:06 PM
As Thomas's bolt flies into the red ooze, Ashley whirls and charges the ooze that was attacking Sagitor.

Attack:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
Move to P-4

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-23, 07:56 AM
Sagitor, Thomas, don't forget you are under the effects of a Bless Spell from Sir Avery

Bless
Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

There's no limit to how many attack rolls or saving throws this can apply to, so long as it is within the 1 minute spell duration and Sir Avery keeps concentrating on it. That said, this is the first miss that would have benefitted from it, so let me help you out.

[roll0]

You actually hit the Ooze, and will kill it.

Bryconium, if you wish to edit your post, and have Ashley take a different action, you can either keep those rolls, or roll in the OOC thread. Else, I'll just have you aim at the closest Ooze, with the same attack.

Dudeons
2016-03-29, 12:10 PM
Sagitor grunts in pain as the slime gets him, but stops as the paladin heals him. He touches his chest, smiling as he feels his body whole once again.

"My thanks," Sagitor says with a brief salute towards the paladin. He then nocks another arrow and shoots the ooze that attacked him.

Damage: [roll1]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-03-30, 02:11 PM
Sir Avery nods, taking a few steps back and stumbling to the ground, seeming exhausted. He metters something to himself, his left arm wrapped around his stomach. He makes no move to get back up. Nor does he notice the crossbow bolt from Thomas whizzing past him, rupturing the [Red] Ooze, acid spilling across the ground as it wiggles its last.

Ashley, seeing the [Red] Ooze burst, takes to helping Sagitor instead, picking up the formerly discarded javelin, still smoking and dissolving in some places, and hurls it as the [Green] Ooze, barely making a scratch with what now is little more than glorified stick. It's enough, however, combined with a swift revenge shot from Sagitor right into the center of the [Green] Ooze to destroy it. Sagitor leaps a few inches back to avoid the acid now spurting out.

Noraldreck rains down Holy fire once again, this time finding his mark. The Silver Ooze shys back for a ll it's movements are becoming more difficult; jerky, in fact. Aiden smiles. "Not a bad shot half the time, are you?" With that, he makes the same sigils as before, throwing another insult into the mix. "Ooze ugly? You ugly!" The Silver Ooze stalls for a moment, almost as though it understood.

The Silver Ooze turns it's attention to Aiden this time, and despite the effects of Aiden's spell, cuts his words short with a heavy blow to the side. Aiden gasps as the wind is knocked out of him, hitting the ground hard, and not stirring.

Updated Map: http://postimg.org/image/qenw8c0kl/

Noraldreck casts Sacred Flame, the Silver Ooze failing its save. (3 damage)
Thomas fire his crossbow at the [Red] Ooze, killing it. (6 damage)
Ashley hurls her Javelin at the [Green] Ooze. (2 damage)
Sagitor fires his bow at the [Green] Ooze, killing it. (8 damage)
Sir Avery collapses in pain due to Corruption.
Aiden casts Vicious Mockery, the Silver Ooze failing its save (4 damage)

The Silver Ooze Hits Aiden, despite disadvantage. (14 damage)

[Red] Ooze = DEAD
[Green] Ooze = DEAD
Silver Ooze = 10 HP

Sideways Avatar = Downed
Upside-Down = Prone

Bryconium
2016-03-30, 03:46 PM
Taking a fresh Javelin, Ashley moves to stand over Aiden as she attacks the silvery ooze.

Attack: [roll]1d20+5[/roll Damge: [roll]1d6+3[/roll
See OOC thread for actual rolls

shadowmage
2016-03-30, 05:36 PM
Again Norakdreck chants out a few words in dwarven brandishing his shield, the silver axes glow ever so slightly and appearing more real for a second and a flame-like radiance descends on the silver looking ooze. Then shifts over next to Aiden to check him once it is safe.

Dudeons
2016-03-30, 08:45 PM
Sagitor grins, whirling around as he nocks another arrow. The others seemed to be taking care of the oozes, so he waits to see if the slime withstands their assault.

Eloel
2016-04-01, 01:29 PM
Thomas shoots another bolt of fire at the silvery ooze, trying to send it to where its friends went.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-04, 11:18 AM
Ashley's Paladin instinct kick in as she watches Aiden go down, and she runs over, a fresh Javelin in her grasp. She takes a wild stab at the Silver Ooze, but her attack does not pierce it's hardened flesh. Noraldreck calls down another pillar of flame, the Silver Ooze seeming to have forgotten how to dodge them. A few tendrils slam the ground angrily as it is hit.

Thomas has less luck with his bolt of fire, and likely in trying to shoot around the mass of allies gathered around, doesn't so much as graze the Ooze, even with Sir Avery's blessing. Sir Avery himself seems to have come to his senses again, and attempts to stand. Sagitor, upon seeing the Ooze still alive and rearing towards another of his would-be-called friends, fires an arrow, striking true, but barely harming the metal creature.

Aiden stirs slightly. He's alive, but out.

The shot is enough to halt the Oozes attack, however, and it begins to melt away back towards the wall from which it came.

Updated Map: http://postimg.org/image/54g5w2sq3/

Ashley misses the Silver Ooze
Noraldreck casts Sacred Flame, the Silver Ooze fails it's save. (2 damage)
Thomas casts Firebolt, missing the Ooze.
Sagitor fires an arrow at the Silver Ooze. (2 damage)
Sir Avery manages to stand again.
Aiden is still out. Stable.

The Silver Ooze attempts to flee.
--Ashley and Noraldreck can make attacks of opportunity if they choose.

Bryconium
2016-04-04, 02:51 PM
Oh no you don't
Aslhey stabs at the ooze as it retreats from her, then steps up after it and stabs again.

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] Damage [roll3]

shadowmage
2016-04-04, 05:21 PM
Seeing Aiden is not dead, and having no weapon ready to strike Norakdreck calls down the cared flame again on the ooze.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-07, 10:50 AM
Ashley takes two stabs at the Silver Ooze as it attempts to slide away, each making its mark, a liquid silver seeping out from the punctures. The Ooze slows, visibly weakened, and barely moving. Try as it might, it fails to gather the strength to dodge Noraldrecks sacred flame. As the last traces of magic fade, you can see the blob of metal begin to melt, becoming little more than a shiny silver pool on the groung. Severel lumps appear, as though some recently consumed items had not been digested.

Other than the faint hiss of acid, all is quiet.

Eloel
2016-04-07, 10:52 AM
Thomas, staring at the fizzling blob, is the first to break the silence.
"That wasn't too bad. Just some slime? We have this."

shadowmage
2016-04-07, 11:04 AM
Looking around as he heads over to inspect the dead body that first drew his attention.
"Don't get to confident yet, I am sure we will see worse yet. Ashely if there is still some of that javelin left bring it to me an dI will show you a little trick I learned. It drove the others crazy when it came to fixing my gear after a battle."

Norakdreck will say a small pray to Clangeddin and cast Mending on any thing brought to him that he thinks he can fix with the spell.

Bryconium
2016-04-07, 12:10 PM
Reaching down, Ashley channels her divine energy into Aiden, pulling him back to his feet.
Come on, back up you get. This isn't the best place for a nap.
She'll obligingly hand Noraldreck her ruined javelin(s), and then go check on Sir Avery.

Uses 3 of her Lay on Hands on getting Aiden back up.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-08, 09:04 AM
Noraldreck approaches the corpse that originally caught his attention, and upon closer inspection, can see burn marks against the cliff face, as though something exploded where he lay. Whatever the cause of the explosion, it looks more likely to have brought the hapless adventurer to his end than the Oozes.

A worn leather backpack remains intact, half buried in the soft earth a few feet away.

Aiden opens his eyes and winces, awake but still in plenty of pain. "Did we win?" He manages, clutching his chest where the Ooze hit him. "That hurt. Guess it'd be worse though if I had made fun of its mother.." He manages a weak smile.

Sir Avery you find doubled over, coughing. A few dribbles of blood hit the ground, and he curses the corruption taking his body. As of right now, however, he seems no worse than normal.

You begin to feel it too. The corruption. A light tingling of the skin, like the feeling of taking in magical power before casting a spell. Only there is no release.

Noraldreck manages to repair everyone's equipment. Gotta love mending. :)

Bryconium
2016-04-08, 11:45 AM
After checking on Sir Avery Ashley goes over to the silver goo and takes a look at the items it left behind.

shadowmage
2016-04-10, 03:56 PM
Noraldreck walks over to the buried backpack and pulls it out of the ground and checks what is in side.

Dudeons
2016-04-10, 04:00 PM
Sagitor slings the bow over his shoulder, taking comfort in the fact that the fight had been won. He follows after Noraldreck, taking a look at what spoils he discovered.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-11, 02:26 PM
Ashley carefully sifts through the metal goop, Aiden getting up to join her. He mutters a curse and kicks a bubble of the Ooze still upright. Its takes him more than a few seconds to get his foot back.

Ashley is more careful, noting that though the mixture is sticky and heavy, careful and quick movement prevents any issue. Most of what you find consists off small, half eaten weapons or the occasional rock. You find what looks like a money pouch made of leather, its contents long since eaten but itself intact. Other than that, just ooze.

Noraldreck and Sagitor have a little more luck. While the it nothing of note left on the broken corpse, the backpack contains a small handful of interesting items. Two small glass orbs in a case, both filled with fire gives you an idea as two where the burn marks come from. Two more healing potions like the ones you found in the chest before, though a potion of "Strength of ten men" has cracked and long since soaked into the pack. You also find three days worth of rations, and a journal.

The journal as a quick glance shows only that its previous owner had poor penmanship, though closer reading does give some insight to your situation. The first few entries detail cities and locations far and away from your home, about a young wizard researching the local wildlife. More interesting is his final entry, however.

I can't say for certain where I am, but it isn't home. I remember only being taken by a group of hooded figures, and being knocked out. I woke up here. My only comfort is at least one of those Yorkers will never walk again.

Some Elf greeted me, calling himself the caretaker. Said I was part of some experiment for some no name cult. Would have fried him if I could have gotten to my feet in time, but before I could gather myself, I'm likely a thousand feet underground with an idiotic knight, whos only purpose seemed to be drawing in the dirt. He warned me not to press on, and maybe if he was more pleasant, I would have stuck around for a chat.

Now, I find myself face to face with some seemingly long lost ruins. This actually has me excited. I hate to get my hopes up, but they look Zhalani in origin, which would make this the greatest find I have ever heard of. Maybe this steal my soul business will be a blessing in disguise. Ha!

More to come once I reach the ruins.

Bryconium
2016-04-11, 03:28 PM
After shaking off the goo on the pouch, Ashley ties it to her belt. She then heads over to Noraldreck and Sagitor and takes a look at the journal, her brow furrowing.
The Zhalani? I've never heard of them, though that might be because I slept through history classes. I'm not sure this changes much, it just means we'll have a name to give once we get out of here.

shadowmage
2016-04-12, 08:37 AM
Pulling out one of the orbs and studying it before putting it back, then looking over at the body.
"Well that explains how he died. Sagito are you as good at throwing thins as with the bow? or maybe you Aidan? I have seen a clo... Bard juggle 5 balls about this side before? Do one of you think you can handle these? "

Looking at the 2 potions he pockets one and hands to Ashley.
"We should take these so that would let everyone have one I believe, just in case."

Having looked at the journal.
"I have never heard of Zhalani either. Hmmmmm he was greeted by an elf, while we were greeted by an orc. Sir Avery are you who he spoke of? Do you remember anything about him?"

Dudeons
2016-04-12, 11:03 AM
"Of course I can," Sagitor says, taking the two orbs with a grin, "To hands like these, these aren't any different from an arrow."

He pockets the orbs. They could come in handy if they encountered something that could resist his arrows.

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-13, 05:48 PM
Sir Avery nods, though keeps a puzzled look on his face. "I imagine I did, though.. I don't remember him particular.. Certainly couldnt see him to tell you.. No one ever listened. Many came, many left in the time I kept post.." He looks up his blind white eyes tinted with the blue light, making him appear ghostly.

"I wonder if I should have left sooner.. Be in better shape than now.. Or dead." You can tell he feels guilty for staying for so long in the entry.

After a few moments silence, Aiden speaks up, looking to Noraldreck. "So, shorty, we got a plan from here?"

Bryconium
2016-04-13, 08:28 PM
Looking at Noraldreck, Ashley says I still think we should head toward the structure. Nothing has really changed and it's still our best bet for getting out of here.

shadowmage
2016-04-18, 12:00 PM
"Sounds good to me. We will not get anywhere just standing around here and I am pretty sure going back is not an option. So onward we go and lets show whom ever is in charge around here what a bad choice they made."

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-19, 04:13 PM
Aiden takes some of the rope used earlier and hands an end to Sir Avery. "Going through a lot of trouble to keep you alive, might as well not lose you." The old knight only grunts in response.

With that, you and your companions begin makingyour way across the waste, eyes on the ruins ahead. The structure in the center glows steadily, leading you on like moths to a light. A steady line of footsteps trails behind you. Occasionally you might spot another set, going the same way always alone.

The ground shakes gently every now and again, but never enough to take you off balance. Like something moving far beneath you. Occasionally, you stop to give Sir Avery a chance to rest and curse the place. Other than that, the journey thus far is uneventful.

Closer to the city, you begin to notice humanoid figures in the far distance, wandering aimlessly.

Bryconium
2016-04-19, 07:24 PM
Ashley adjusts her shield and draws her sword, but keeps walking forward.

Perception check: [roll0]

Lazy_Hamster
2016-04-22, 07:29 AM
You can tell by their pose and movements that they are undead, an d there seem to be more of them as they get closer to the city. While at first their movements seemed aimless random, watching for a moment reveals that each tends to move more often right than left, as though making a clumsy circle.

Th the rumbling you felt earlier begins again.