PDA

View Full Version : Azure City: *DEAD RISING*

Charles Phipps
2007-06-19, 06:10 AM
So, who thinks the entire populous of Azure City is about to become the unholy hosts of the shambling dead for Xykon? I think it'd be fittingly appropriate if all 10,000 deceased Hobgoblins were transformed into Xykon's host. Also the same for the Azure City defenders.

That would suddenly make Red Cloak and others nervous I think. Plus, it'd raise Necro-girl higher in Xykon's esteem.

We could also have Zombie fights in a mall!

Da Luniz
2007-06-19, 06:47 AM
seeing his undead tend to get hundry, I dont think the AC dead will bolster his numbers as much as you'd think

squidthingy
2007-06-19, 06:55 AM
Then xykon can get a small legion of trolls who's job is to everytime their arm regenerates, rip it off to feed the army

Charles Phipps
2007-06-19, 07:21 AM
seeing his undead tend to get hundry, I dont think the AC dead will bolster his numbers as much as you'd think

Simple, have them eat the brains of the Hobgoblins, animate corpse.

You've got plenty of supplies until you reach the next gate!

Plus, you can raise Roy to lead them!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-19, 07:24 AM
Zombies! Zombies! Zombies!
Ok, I'll admit it, you caught my attention with the *DEAD RISING* thing. Is it just me, or is anyone else picturing Elan as Frank West? :smallbiggrin:
But yeah, makes sense, and might make that necromancer girl a bit more important to the plot. Which it seems is going to happen anyway.

TheNovak
2007-06-19, 08:28 AM
You totally just made me want to run a lawnmower through a crowd of undead hobgoblins.

Hopefully, an AC-based sequel would be less insanely freaking hard.

Charles Phipps
2007-06-19, 08:34 AM
Belkar is obviously Frank West, though. Seriously, makes perfect sense to melt zombie faces with a skillet when you're him.

:-)

Fighteer
2007-06-19, 08:39 AM
Too bad that it would take months to animate all those corpses, not to mention the problem of keeping them controlled. The hobgoblins lost a lot of mid-level spellcasters to Belkar's rampage. Still, it's a fun thought.

Oh, and D&D undead don't need to eat. The whole "brains" thing is funny, though.

Ganurath
2007-06-19, 08:43 AM
There's another problem in that each undead costs 50 gp in material components for spellcasting. Even if they raised the money, there's the matter of actually getting the gemstones. I imagine such necromantic components are of short supply in the City of Paladins.

drKarling
2007-06-19, 08:43 AM
Then xykon can get a small legion of trolls who's job is to everytime their arm regenerates, rip it off to feed the army
Or just get Goblin Dan (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0326.html) to do the catering.

Charles Phipps
2007-06-19, 08:48 AM
Eh, I imagine that Xykon could find some way around it. The "ambient energies of the Gate's destruction" or some other Maguffin could easily get them the huge source of energy they need to build their undead army.

In Ravenloft, Azalin could animate the dead just by touching them.

Xykon: Here, take this.

*pops off hand*

Xykon: Bring it back when you're through.

Thorin
2007-06-19, 09:35 AM
I doubt that their are going to raise 20,000 nemeless NPCs (10,000 form each side, remember?), they need to do other stuff and invest well their money (even when we donīt have any idea how much gp Xykon owns)
And the New Readcloack (the one that goes all around donīt-let-my-fellows-hobgoblins-die) would never let the undead be fed whit hobgoblins (it would be a funny conversation though

Kurald Galain
2007-06-19, 10:44 AM

No, even easier, they go to Dan's All-You-Can-Eat Hydra Grill.

RobbyPants
2007-06-19, 03:15 PM
So, who thinks the entire populous of Azure City is about to become the unholy hosts of the shambling dead for Xykon?
Entire population? I doubt it. I'm sure Xykon will want as many zombies as possible, but you need to have enough clerics to control the zombies first!

...Although something that would be wicked:

If they decided to abandon AC in search of the next gate, they could animate every last person and let them roam the city uncontrolled! The paladins/nobles on the ships would love it when they returned!
Either way, that's a lot of onyx stones! You need 25gp per hit die!