gooddragon1
2016-03-07, 05:14 PM
A wizard did it.

I'm so sorry.

Rift_Wolf
2016-03-07, 05:20 PM
A wizard did it.

I'm so sorry.

One with the Brew Potion Feat specifically.
don't apologise. It made me smile :)

hroşila
2016-03-07, 05:37 PM
Some sort of ponytail/hood compatibility issue, maybe.

Funny, I didn't notice it in #933.

zimmerwald1915
2016-03-07, 10:47 PM
A wizard did it.
In all likelihood, a rogue did it. The wizard was up on deck, bantering with Bandana about bugs in their teeth.

Onyavar
2016-03-08, 07:01 AM
Funny, I didn't notice it in #933.

She has it since 993 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0993.html); probably a typo right?

Anyway, I like it as well. Women with long hair can wear it in a different style every day, if they care. We can only assume she didn't change it for the first 500 comics because she was adventuring and couldn't be bothered. But now that she had had a spa...

Rift_Wolf
2016-03-08, 09:47 AM
In all likelihood, a rogue did it. The wizard was up on deck, bantering with Bandana about bugs in their teeth.

Just checked; there's still the two stray hairs. Whoever did it didn't have enough ranks in Profession (Barber).
My reference to Brew Potion was dating back to the superlong hair Haley had in EoB. I hadn't noticed her higher ponytail before

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-08, 02:31 PM
A wizard did it.

I'm so sorry.

See what you did there!

aurilee
2016-03-08, 03:50 PM
Some sort of ponytail/hood compatibility issue, maybe.

As someone with a ponytail, I can say that a lower ponytail tends to work better with a hood on. A higher ponytail pokes it out too much, and you don't get good wind protection on your face. However, if the hood isn't up, having a high ponytail is better because the weird topography of the hood doesn't tangle/mess up your hair when it drapes over it.

It's quite the dilemma, let me tell you.
Because why not take this line of thought seriously.

She has it since 993 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0993.html); probably a typo right?

Anyway, I like it as well. Women with long hair can wear it in a different style every day, if they care. We can only assume she didn't change it for the first 500 comics because she was adventuring and couldn't be bothered. But now that she had had a spa...

This is the most reasonable explanation and probably the most correct in-universe. She changed her outfit, had some downtime on the ship, so she wanted to change her hair.

Honestly I think The Giant probably just changed it because it would be harder to draw the low ponytail draping over the hood, and it would probably look weird. It's a meta-reason though. My preferred in-universe reason is the new outfit ergo new hair reason.

Peelee
2016-03-08, 04:15 PM
As someone with a ponytail, I can say that a lower ponytail tends to work better with a hood on. A higher ponytail pokes it out too much, and you don't get good wind protection on your face. However, if the hood isn't up, having a high ponytail is better because the weird topography of the hood doesn't tangle/mess up your hair when it drapes over it.

It's quite the dilemma, let me tell you.
Because why not take this line of thought seriously.

This is the most reasonable explanation and probably the most correct in-universe. She changed her outfit, had some downtime on the ship, so she wanted to change her hair.

Honestly I think The Giant probably just changed it because it would be harder to draw the low ponytail draping over the hood, and it would probably look weird. It's a meta-reason though. My preferred in-universe reason is the new outfit ergo new hair reason.

Didn't even know what was being talked about until you chimed in.

aurilee
2016-03-09, 09:58 AM
Didn't even know what was being talked about until you chimed in.

Glad I could be of service ^_^

Darth Paul
2016-03-11, 01:20 AM
As a balding male (who has never had to deal with ponytails of any sort), I too thank you for clarifying this issue. I was completely lost on this topic until you came along...

Baphomet
2016-03-12, 07:36 PM
I've heard it said that there's an inverse relationship between the height at which someone wears their ponytail and their intelligence.

So what do you think caused Int damage to Haley? How are they going to restore it now that their cleric is gone?