PDA

View Full Version : Abilities that change DR

ATHATH
2016-03-07, 05:25 PM
I'm currently building a Clericadin, and am looking to invest in DR granting spells. However, a lot of those spells give DR that can be overcome by really common things like magic weapons (at high levels). Are there any abilities that allow you to change the type of weapon that your DR is overcome by?

bjoern
2016-03-07, 06:25 PM
A transmuting weapon overcomes all DR. there's no way to protect against that. Unless you just become immune to damage somehow

Aleolus
2016-03-07, 06:29 PM
A transmuting weapon overcomes all DR. there's no way to protect against that. Unless you just become immune to damage somehow

Not quite. A transmuting weapon can change to overcome and DR. except DR/- or DR/Epic. My preference would be DR/-, but that's the hardest to get in substantial quantities

ATHATH
2016-03-07, 06:38 PM
And your point is?

bjoern
2016-03-07, 07:04 PM
Not quite. A transmuting weapon can change to overcome and DR. except DR/- or DR/Epic. My preference would be DR/-, but that's the hardest to get in substantial quantities

Transmuting says that it acquires the properties needed to overcome DR. It can gain the "epic" property, or the "-" property.

Aleolus
2016-03-07, 07:11 PM
Transmuti.ng says that it acquires the properties needed to overcome DR. It can gain the "epic" property, or the "-" property.

...I'm afb right now, but I could have sworn Transmuting actually specified that it could not be used to overcome those two properties...

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-07, 07:12 PM
Paladin list; Angel skin(evil), diamondsteel(adamantine)

cleric list; celestial blood(evil), channeled divine shield(evil), holy transformation(evil), infernal transformation(good), righteous might(good or evil), stone body(adamantine), Combo; soul of light/shadow + soul of anarchy/order (good/evil or chaos/law)

Can't really find anything that changes the DR granted by spells but these are all a little tougher to get past than DR X/Magic.

ATHATH
2016-03-07, 07:35 PM
If I can get it down to DR/Silver or something, Ironguard can effectively turn my DR into DR/- (except against a couple of abilities).

ATHATH
2016-03-07, 07:38 PM
Paladin list; Angel skin(evil), diamondsteel(adamantine)

cleric list; celestial blood(evil), channeled divine shield(evil), holy transformation(evil), infernal transformation(good), righteous might(good or evil), stone body(adamantine), Combo; soul of light/shadow + soul of anarchy/order (good/evil or chaos/law)

Can't really find anything that changes the DR granted by spells but these are all a little tougher to get past than DR X/Magic.
Stone Body and Diamondsteel will do for now, although I'm still open to any more suggestions (I think I'll stack the Metallic Dragon Domain from Dragon #344 on top of that).