PDA

View Full Version : Index Four Seasons IC

Zhentarim
2016-03-07, 06:04 PM
The markets of Absolom are bustling with activity as people stock up on supplies for the next disaster. Nobody knows when or where it will strike. At this moment, you and your soon-to-be companions are also browsing the markets for supplies to take with them on their respective quests to get to the bottom of these strange occurrences. Thunder in the background, you try to hurry.

In the fountain in the middle of the market, there is a slight bubbling at its surface, the air seems unnaturally stirred, there is a small pile of rocks in the middle of the street, and there are occasional tiny embers floating about the air, like fireflies.

There is a hungry looking young street urchin stealing bread from a food cart, and the cart owner doesn't seem to notice.

You see one of the other adventurers chosen for this AP. Roll 1-6, and if you roll yourself roll again. The 1st person on the top of the OOC table is 1, the next is 2, and so on. Be sure and put your character on the map.

senrath
2016-03-07, 08:21 PM
Sarah the Undying

Sarah was currently looking around for ideas on what to spend her last couple hundred gold pieces on. She'd already purchased most of what she needed and had her powers for the rest of it. She noticed that a familiar looking Tengu was also shopping. While she was trying to remember where she'd met this person before her attention was caught by what was happening, or rather about to happen. With a sigh she gathered strands of her power around herself and her companion.

Spending 12 PP to Manifest a fully augmented Vigor (expending Nimble's focus in order to use the Talented Overchannel for +2 ML), sharing it with Nimble. This gives both of us 60 temporary hitpoints for the next 12 minutes (or until they're used up, whichever comes first). Sarah will make the concentration check to suppress the display so as not to panic anyone (it's a DC 16 check with a +18 and since natural 1s aren't autofailue I'm not going to bother rolling it). Sarah and Nimble's sheets have been updated to account for this. Nimble will then spend her actions to regain her psionic focus.

digiman619
2016-03-07, 08:53 PM
Ondir is is buying a some pastries and looks around while eating it.

[roll0]

Catching a glimpse of a familiar ratfolk, he walks up to his favorite witch.

Triskavanski
2016-03-07, 10:27 PM
Héloïse busied herself gathering supplies to take with her into the wild as she would soon begin another trip to provide disaster relief. Humming to herself, she began to think about what she needed in the future. Some thing to provide water to people, as her training does help with the ability to make food. But even that can only do so much. "Oh dear, my purse is almost empty.. she mused under her breath. Her last tent blew off into the sea, the one before that sank into the mud, and the one before that caught on fell over, caught on fire and then sank into the mud. This time! This time she was going to be able to hold onto this one! "Ah yes.. That tent there please. And that waterskin too. Thank you."

Are we just suppose to roll once, or three times?
[roll0]

caesar193
2016-03-07, 10:37 PM
Amon wasn't shopping. Shopping implied spending money on things, and losing the shinies was something Amon detested. Sure it was stereotypical for the tengu to be magpie-like, but he didn't particularly care. No, Amon was browsing. Later he'd return and steal all the good stuff, but he needed to find the good stuff before that happened.

And so his eyes raked over the items. Most of it wasn't worth stealing. At least, not for him. That lad, on the other hand. Which left Amon with an important decision to make. To help the lad or help the shop owner? Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

He wandered over to a place near the scene, behind the lad. Then, he slowly stole up to the boy and tapped the lad on the shoulder.

Stealth to reach the poor kid. Let's see if he deserves Amon's help.

Stealth: [roll0]

digiman619
2016-03-07, 11:44 PM
I use my Scorn Earth ability to float up about 10 feet or so and hang upside down
Ondir floats his way to Héloïse and flips down to talk to her. Hey! Need a hand?

By the way, how the heck do you pronounce Héloïse?

avr
2016-03-08, 02:00 AM
Dabbling his fingers in the corner of the fountain to examine the odd surface effects, Harnim's eye is caught by a blue tallfolk hanging upside down in midair over a stall. He sniffs his waterskin; just water, no trace of harsh liquor. "Eh, just magic," he mutters, but he takes note of the odd fellow for later. More immediate is the other thing to catch his eye once he looked that way, and he unhooks his net from its place on his shoulder before trotting over in the young thief's direction.

I think the Hé would be pronounced 'Hay' and the ï as 'ee'. Hay-low-eez might be the pronunciation.

Triskavanski
2016-03-08, 10:36 AM
Héloïse lets out a small squeak as she takes a step back "Ondir! You gave me a fight! Up to your old tricks I see. I'd like to stay and chat but that storm really is approaching rather rapidly" she waves a hand towards the ominous clouds in the distance. "Oh a hand, yes, I would think that could be helpful."

Binks
2016-03-08, 11:41 AM
Duvic stood before the seafood cart in the market, looking over the items and occasionally asking the merchant what the types of meat tasted like. Though his stomach growled Duvic didn't want to try eating something new just before departing for a long journey, and seafood was a rather unfamiliar thing to a Half-Orc raised in the mountains.

Just before he made a decision about what meat to purchase the hair on the back of Duvic's neck rose slightly and he turned to look around the market. Catching sight of a handful of other strangers in the market, his eyes were drawn to the signs of elemental activity. With a slight sniff he took a step away from the stall and let his hand drop to his axe as he scanned the area more diligently.

Zhentarim
2016-03-08, 02:44 PM
It was at that moment that it began to lightly sprinkle rain in the square and the fountain in the middle of the square began to boil. The earth near the fountain cracked and fissured, and the winds picked up noticeably. The market came to a standstill. It was obvious something was about to happen.

digiman619
2016-03-08, 07:02 PM
This looks like it might be fun... You ready, Halo? Ondir says as he starts to pump himself up for battle... Ondir spends 4 PP to manifest an augmented defensive precognition and 3 for an endorphin surge for a total of + 2 to Con (so +10 HP), +2 to Str, +2 to Fort & Ref saves, and +3 to Will saves (the +2 from the precog balances out the -2 from the surge). I have 46 PP left.

Zhentarim
2016-03-08, 10:35 PM
The boy Amon had tapped on the shoulder before the events began to occur in the square dropped the bread on the ground when the Tengu tapped him on the shoulder. At the moment the fissure opened the boy was already parylized with fear with the fact he had been caught, and the boy continued to stand there staring at the Tengu, a terrified look remaining on his face, when the elementals arrived.

Triskavanski
2016-03-08, 11:19 PM
Héloïse blinks, gently shaking her head. "I should hope not, this place is about to be covered in an elemental storm." she could feel it.. Rather see it. The effects of the elementals starting to converge. "I fear we are about to be in the middle of a disaster area. Uh hello! Yes hello, you there.. We should leave this area and retreat to a safer location." she attempts to wave down Sarah, starting to work towards preventing injury in the first place.

senrath
2016-03-08, 11:23 PM
Sarah the Undying

Expecting the worst, Sarah began to call on more of her power to defend her should the need arise. One of the "cataclysmic" events was obviously about to hit Absalom and she wasn't about to be caught unprepared. When she was waved down, she turned to look at the person trying to get her attention. "What, leave here? No! I'm going to try to stop this from causing more damage than it has to."

Sarah spends 7 PP to manifest Energy Adaptation upon herself and shares it with Nimble, hiding her displays. This grants them both Resist 20 Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic for the next 100 minutes. It also triggers Sarah's Metabolic Healing giving her Fast Healing 3 for the next 4 rounds, if that becomes relevant.

Also, initiative for when it's relevant:
[roll0]

Current buffs have been updated on Sarah's and Nimble's sheets.

caesar193
2016-03-09, 01:29 AM
Amon knelt down and picked up the piece of bread, and slipped it into his bag. "Thanks," he said with a smile. He turned to the fountain. He wasn't one for magic (other than the tricks he had picked up here and there), but he could tell something interesting was going down. Worth a closer look, at the very least. He might even get to loot some bodies, which would just be fantastic.

He drew his sword, and held it loosely by his side as he strolled down to the fountain, looking around at the others. "Oi!" he called over to the other people who were clearly adventurers. "Are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna help? Or magic something to figure out what the hell's happening?"

Zhentarim
2016-03-09, 01:53 AM
At this point, there is a slight earthquake, and lightning is flashing wildly about the sky as the rain begins to come down a little bit harder than it was before. The boy Amon interacted with a moment before was still frozen in fear, as was most of the people whi had gone shopping that day. Finally, somebody shouted "Its the end of the world!" And a good third of the crowd began to scream and run. The remaining two thirds, including the boy, did nothing. He finally ran when Amon picked up the bread, however. The bread had become soggy on the ground by the time Amon picked it up. Meanwhile, a the embers which had been floating around earlier were growing into larger fireballs and beginning to congregate into a corner of the courtyard, forming a large fire elemental. A giant stone hand grabbed the edge of the fissure and began to pull up a large earth elemental. The boiling fountain produced a large water elemental. Meanwhile, a portion of the wind became an air elemental.

"The Brackish King shall see his wife, Amoeba, soon enough! We just need to destroy some if the lesser elements first!"

"Those of us who support Air, the most supreme element, do not have your wife. Your slimy lord is hiding her to gain leverage with the other elements while he hold The Mistress of all Wind's Great Sword, Wind's Edge, she rightfully won when she defeated the old Lord!"

"I don't know which of you elementa kidnapped the Fossilized King's greatest Arch Mage, but I'm going to pound it out of you!"

"The imperial seal of my mistress lies in the hands of one of you elements, and I will burn this place to the ground if I have to."

Obviously angered, the Large Earth Elemental picked up a defenseless old lady and threw her across the courtyard. The elementals looked ready to fight each other, and they didn't care who got caught in the cross fire.

(OOC: Roll initiative if you haven't already and prepare to fight! View the new map if you haven't already.)

digiman619
2016-03-09, 03:42 AM
Y'see Halo? FUN! Ondir yells as he charges to the earth elemental.

Ondir drops to one foot of the ground (as not to get speed penalties) and charge the earth elemental. Rolling initiative [roll0]

digiman619
2016-03-09, 03:55 AM
I might need to make an Acrobatics check to get past the water elemental. I have +29 to to that check, (+10 ranks. +2 path skill, +8 aerial acrobatics + 6 Dex mod +3 class skill), so I think I can make it. So here's the check [roll0]
EDIT: Unless it's a Elder Water Elemental, I think I made it :smallamused:

avr
2016-03-09, 05:55 AM
I've moved Redeye one move action (30') in the direction of the urchin he somehow spotted stealing from across the market, since that was what he was doing before the elementals appeared - let me know if that's a problem.

Initiative: [roll0]
Hearing Ondir's announcement Redeye prepares to use him as cover."Fun? Someone needs to lay off the coffee." He reaches for his gun with a grim smile on his face anyway.

Binks
2016-03-09, 11:39 AM
Duvic observes calmly as the elementals form and converse with one another, though he keeps his hand on his axe's hilt for when things inevitable turn violent. As the Earth Elemental picks up a citizen and throws her he casually remarks to the shopkeep over his shoulder, "You may want to seek shelter." as he draws his greataxe and considers which elemental to engage.

Triskavanski
2016-03-09, 02:25 PM
Héloïse lets out a squeak at first as the elemental show up, and then huffs. She was about to set these four unruley children straight but Ondir was already running up to the earth elemental. Goals, she thought to herself, First stop any more additional casualties, second tend to the wounded. She begins moving toward the four elementals gulping, before she clears her throat. "Excuse me? Excuse me! Hello down here!" she shouts out as loud as she could, starting off in common, then shouting You, four times, once in each language. Grimmicing slightly, as she realizes how hard it was going to be to have a diplomatic negation with some others running to attack the elementals, and having to speak four different languages at once. Since the Terran elemental was going to be occupied, she attempted to start with the fire. "Hello? Yes Hello! Mr Fire elemental! Can I have a moment please? You're in the middle of a human city.. While you can settle your differences, could you do it maybe about fifty miles over there?"

Zhentarim
2016-03-09, 05:12 PM
Héloïse lets out a squeak at first as the elemental show up, and then huffs. She was about to set these four unruley children straight but Ondir was already running up to the earth elemental. Goals, she thought to herself, First stop any more additional casualties, second tend to the wounded. She begins moving toward the four elementals gulping, before she clears her throat. "Excuse me? Excuse me! Hello down here!" she shouts out as loud as she could, starting off in common, then shouting You, four times, once in each language. Grimmicing slightly, as she realizes how hard it was going to be to have a diplomatic negation with some others running to attack the elementals, and having to speak four different languages at once. Since the Terran elemental was going to be occupied, she attempted to start with the fire. "Hello? Yes Hello! Mr Fire elemental! Can I have a moment please? You're in the middle of a human city.. While you can settle your differences, could you do it maybe about fifty miles over there?"

The fire elemental snaps to attention when he hears his native toungue.

"I am on special assignment from the fire lord herself to regain the royal seal from one of these lesser elements. Fire, being the only honest element, is appalled by the dishonesty of the other lords when they conjure up a grand conspiracy just to mess with our burning queen. If you know what is good for you, we can join forces and burn all those who oppose her radiant greatness! I don't know who took the seal, but I think we should start with that pesky earth elemental. If you prove your loyalty to Fire, then I might take some orders. Till you burn with me, you might as well be a hapless ember.

Meanwhile, the water elemental surged forward a square and slammed right into a child, killing her instantly.

digiman619
2016-03-09, 06:44 PM
As Ondir tumbles past the water elemental, he speaks out to it.Pardon Me! Y'know, as fun as this is, you don't have to do it in the middle of town!

senrath
2016-03-10, 12:34 AM
Sarah the Undying

"Ooo, that's not good." Sarah said as she skated towards the elementals. She didn't understand what they were saying, so she needed to get Nimble close enough to ask them mentally. Having little to do herself, she readied for the worst.

Whenever it's Sarah's turn she'll move to where I've moved her on the map, then ready an action to defensively manifest a Wall of Ectoplasm (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/w/wall-of-ectoplasm) as a hemisphere around herself if she gets attacked.

Nimble asks both the fire and water elementals what they're doing via telepathy, asking them to respond along that link. She'll also ask the air and earth elementals if they get within 30' (the limit of the speech).

caesar193
2016-03-10, 01:05 AM
Amon looks down at the scene withe a bit of a smile. It seemed that people were going to try the diplomatic route, which was fine. It seemed like it'd just give him a big elemental meat shield.

So he wandered over to Sarah, who seemed to have a means of communicating with the elementals. "So, you got any idea what they're saying? Cause if I could get a translator, I might be able to stop them from wrecking this place. Or I could just go stab them..." he mused. Truth be told, that last option was sounding better and better.

Initiative: [roll0]

Triskavanski
2016-03-10, 01:46 AM
Héloïse flinches a little glancing toward the water elemental. Seriously? Steeling herself, she can't help but count the numbers dead in the span of only but a few moments. If she could get them all to sit down and talk out their differences then things would work out much better, and she might be able to limit further deaths. There were others like her beginning to move towards the elementals too, that looked a bit tough. Turning back to the Fire Elemental

"You're not the only one missing an object. All of you are missing something and blaming the others. Is there a lesser elemental that isn't here today? I would be willing to bet if there is, they have all four of your things. However if you're willing to avoid any killing any of the towns folk of the town, I can help you against the earth elemental. Surely someone as magnificent as a fire elemental can burn without hurting others."

Well, if nothing else, she could try to reduce the number of people killing elementals. She wasn't happy about the earth elemental throwing Mrs Patterson, but if she played to the ego of a fire elemental she might be able to reduce the deaths. That was all she could do, she couldn't just revive people who'd been killed. Not yet. She was still learning how to treat the wounded.

Zhentarim
2016-03-10, 04:39 PM
"As a matter of fact, neither the positive energy nor negative energy elementals are here. Fine, I shall ally your cause."

The fire elemental, now careful to avoid random burning, as was implied in his promise, moved towards the Earth elemental. The other elements took note of this and became hostile to the adventurers, seeing them as fire sympathizers.

Triskavanski
2016-03-11, 01:26 AM
"Then those two are more likely to be your true enemy. But there might be another.. I'll try to get us one more ally, perhaps they can live up to your greatness." she comments nodding to the fire element, as she moves to get closer to the air, the only other element that hadn't killed anyone off yet. She hoped the others would move to contain the more aggressive elementals, or perhaps enter in with their own negotiations. "Hello! There, You're missing something just like fire is, Since you haven't killed anyone yet, I'm offering to make a truce between you and fire. Positive and Negative are the only two that aren't here missing anything." she hoped that the air elemental is as smart as the fire was for her, and not a total airhead.

Zhentarim
2016-03-11, 01:51 AM
Fiiiiiiiiiire...issssssssssss.....not as bad as the others. But how do I know this is not a trick from the fire lord? The fire lord wants all to burn...

Triskavanski
2016-03-11, 04:31 PM
"The other two are also looking for something too. However rather than talking they started killing and enslaving people with fear and terror. Which is why I offer this to both you and fire. Fire has promised not to burn our city here, and in return we'll help him. We'll help you as well.. as I do not think any of you four have stolen from the other. Likely there is another here who's stolen from you all and seeks to have you destroy each other.

Perhaps, you'd come with us to go on adventure to reclaim what all of you have lost? I'll provide assistance for you as well as Fire. The only requirement I have is don't destroy the town here.. we've already lost too much."

[roll0]

Zhentarim
2016-03-11, 06:55 PM
Seeing Ondir coming its way, the Earth elemental charges toward Ondir, preparing for a nasty slam.

avr
2016-03-12, 12:30 AM
Seeing a big target with no respect for life moving worryingly close, Harnim Redeye prepares to shoot out whatever an Water elemental uses for eyes itself.

caesar193
2016-03-12, 12:57 PM
Well it seemed everyone was picking on the Earth Elemental. Amon smiled broadly- and a good bit cruelly. It was time to play. His sword was all ready in his hand- gods, he loved the feel of the cool metal and leather-wrapped hilt- and he eyed, briefly, the way to the target. The fountain was in the way, which annoyed him. But even so, he flipped himself over the fountain's lip, landed in the fountain with a splash, and charged forward at the Earth Elemental. His sword flashed in the air as he brought it down to bare on the elemental's side.

Because of my rogue talents, I can charge across difficult terrain. Does the fountain count as an obstacle or difficult terrain? I'm including an acrobatics check for if its an obstacle, so ignore that if its not. Anyway, including the +2 from charge in my attack.

Acrobatics (if needed): [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

In case of crit, confirmation roll:
[roll3]

EDIT: So close to a crit! :smallmad: One off! Oh well, I crit 20% of the time, I[m sure I'll get it pretty soon.

Zhentarim
2016-03-12, 04:20 PM
Well it seemed everyone was picking on the Earth Elemental. Amon smiled broadly- and a good bit cruelly. It was time to play. His sword was all ready in his hand- gods, he loved the feel of the cool metal and leather-wrapped hilt- and he eyed, briefly, the way to the target. The fountain was in the way, which annoyed him. But even so, he flipped himself over the fountain's lip, landed in the fountain with a splash, and charged forward at the Earth Elemental. His sword flashed in the air as he brought it down to bare on the elemental's side.

Because of my rogue talents, I can charge across difficult terrain. Does the fountain count as an obstacle or difficult terrain? I'm including an acrobatics check for if its an obstacle, so ignore that if its not. Anyway, including the +2 from charge in my attack.

Acrobatics (if needed): [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

In case of crit, confirmation roll:
[roll3]

EDIT: So close to a crit! :smallmad: One off! Oh well, I crit 20% of the time, I[m sure I'll get it pretty soon.

(OOC: Difficult Terrain)

digiman619
2016-03-12, 08:27 PM
WAHOOO! Ondir yelled as dropkicks the earth elemental
Attack roll (I get +2 because I'm charging [roll0] Also worth noting is that the Elemental will get -4 to hit and damage me because I'm airborne

digiman619
2016-03-12, 08:31 PM
Forgot to roll for damage [roll0]

avr
2016-03-12, 09:46 PM
Redeye ducks away - maybe not far enough - and unleashes the power of black powder on the water elemental, glaring furiously at the monster which attacked a defenceless woman, even if she is a tallfolk.

If I've had time to swap weapons during the talking, that'll be a spell combat casting mirror image with rapid shot, taking a 2 point penalty to the attacks to boost concentration. If not, a single standard attack. Deadly Aim on either. This kicks in whenever it is initiative 22 comes around. Misfires on natural 1-3 attacks.
Move action: ready gun & move 5’ squares to the lower right/SE, then 5’ more down/S. Acrobatics check to avoid AoOs [roll0]

Attack: [roll1] targeting touch AC
On crit threat (41) confirm with [roll2]

Damage: [roll3], add [roll4] on crit
5' step to the lower right/southeast, which won't avoid AoOs. The shots provoke, the spell won’t, hopefully the spell will occur before the AoOs.
Casting Mirror Image defensively to avoid an AoO on that: [roll5] DC 19
Number of images: [roll6]

First attack: [roll7] targeting touch AC
On crit threat (37) confirm with [roll8]

Second attack: [roll9] targeting touch AC
On crit threat (37) confirm with [roll10]

Third attack: [roll11] targeting touch AC
On crit threat (32) confirm with [roll12]

Damage 1: [roll13], add [roll14] on crit
Damage 2: [roll15], add [roll16] on crit
Damage 3: [roll17], add [roll18] on crit
Note that Clustered shots means DR applies only once against all 3 shots
Edit: If he's hit by an AoO from the water elemental he spends a swift action to unleash Frigid Touch out of his spell storing armor on it. If it survives and comes after him on its action and hits, the same using an immediate action.

Binks
2016-03-14, 02:56 PM
Duvic observes the discussion taking place with what little patience his human heritage has given him. Even as he feels like throwing caution to the wind and attacking the elementals blindly he knows that a fight between the four of them here would likely end in many casualties and that letting the others talk may end up resolving the matter with only a few deaths. The cost in patience of allowing the attempt is a bargain.

As it looks like a deal has been struck with the Elemental of Fire and sides have formed, however, he lets a ferocious smile cross his face. Drawing his weapon he strides towards the Earth Elemental, the first to attack and the closest target (not to mention the one that has already been attacked by two others). Duvic concentrates on his targets for a moment before allowing the crimson glare of rage to cover his vision, doing his best to ensure that he'll keep his attacks focused on the enemies despite his anger.

OOC
Move Action - Move to the Earth Elemental (moved on map) and draw weapon (free action with BaB +1)
Free Action - Enter rage
Standard Action - Attack the Earth Elemental

(Doing all the math here since it's first round of first combat, will be simplifying this in future rounds)
I am using:
Power Attack (-3[bab 10] atk for +9 dmg [+2, +4 for bab 10, +50% for two-handed]) with Furious Focus (ignore the Power Attack penalty on my first attack each turn)
Vital Strike (when using Attack action may make 1 atk at max bonus for 2x weapon damage)

Net Atk: +10 (BaB) + 9 (str, with +4 from raging) + 3 (enhancement) = +22
Net Dmg: 1d12 (base) + 1d12 (vital strike) + 9 (str) + 3 (enhancement) + 9 (power attack) = 2d12+21 + 3 if he has spells or spell like abilities (witch hunter)

Atk: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1] + 3 if it has spell like abilities (or spells)

Rage Status:
Rnds Used: 1/34
Cur Rnds - 1
Misc mods on sheet for Str/Con/Will/AC
Added HP from Con - 30
Cur HP - 116/116

senrath
2016-03-14, 06:24 PM
Sarah the Undying

Rolling her eyes, Sarah thrust outwards with her mind, seeking to take the Water Elemental out of the fight as quickly as possible.

Spending 11 PP (using a Talented Overchannel with Nimble's focus) to manifest Ego Whip at the Water Elemental. It has to make a DC 24 Will Save or take [roll0] Charisma Damage and be Dazed for 1 round. On a save it takes half as much Charisma damage and isn't dazed. Sarah then spends her move action to regain Nimble's focus.