PDA

View Full Version : Pinball of wealth

DabbinPanda
2016-03-07, 06:49 PM
Hey there guys making a goblin rogue in PATHFINDER looking to optimize the build to make use of the Roll with it feat that they get. I want to bounce around and steal crap. I need High acrobatics and theft stuff.

TiaC
2016-03-07, 08:11 PM
So, basically, you want to play this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katamari_Damacy)?

Optimizing Roll With It is a matter of boosting Acrobatics, finding ways to come up from prone, and still being effective after getting knocked away.

There are a lot of ways to increase your acrobatics rolls. The Tree Runner racial option is nice, Skill Mastery is a must, Boots of Elvenkind are always good, there are a number of dips that help, really there are a lot of options.

You'll probably want either Rogue Crawl or Stand Up to deal with being prone.

Having a ring of feather fall or a means of flight is very useful, as it allows you to get knocked straight up and still be able to make a full attack back at them. Otherwise, I'd recommend ranged builds to deal with being 30' away every turn.

Hamste
2016-03-07, 08:22 PM
So to really take advantage of Roll with it you need a ridiculously high acrobatics...and I mean absolutely ludicrous. You need to have tree runner for sure, You will be quaffing Elixir of tumbling like mad or boots of tumbling for more consistent bonus. Need even more than that of course so you might need to spend feats and other things on it.

After you have enough dexterity you need to cover two other things. You need to be able to stand up without using an action and you need to avoid AoO both from standing up and your movement (Or punish AoO). Rogues (Stand up talent) or people with Ki (Ki stand) can cover standing but Ki stand stops you from Rolling with it.