PDA

View Full Version : Making wrath from fma in dnd 3.5

jangartharn1
2016-03-07, 08:53 PM
Hey guys as the title states I wanted to make wrath from fma into dnd 3.5. So I'm thinking the character would want to be a swordsage for the different stances and poises. But besides that I'm a bit stuck so any help with what feats and stuff I would need to make this guy work out would be epic! Thanks guys.

FocusWolf413
2016-03-07, 10:05 PM
Swordsage? No! He's pretty much the very definition of a warblade, by fluff and crunch.

I'd use the logical warblade fixes and move lot of the stances up one level.

Focus on Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, and Tiger Claw. Be a psionic race (elan comes to mind) and your racial hidden talent to get skate or something to boost defenses. Take feats that require psionic focus to get extra benefits, like bonus speed.

zergling.exe
2016-03-08, 02:22 AM
This question needs to be answered first: the 2003 anime Wrath, or the manga and Brotherhood Wrath?

They are very different.

jangartharn1
2016-03-08, 06:42 AM
This question needs to be answered first: the 2003 anime Wrath, or the manga and Brotherhood Wrath?

They are very different.

To answer that I was thinking wrath from full metal alchemist brotherhood.

MisterKaws
2016-03-08, 07:41 AM
Elan Warblade with a refluffed Glaring Eye; throw Dragonheart Presence in too, 'cause you've already got grafts, and it won't make a difference with a d12 for HD.

atemu1234
2016-03-08, 08:03 AM
Or Human for that one Dragon Magazine feat that grants regeneration...

Nettlekid
2016-03-08, 08:11 AM
Agreed with Warblade with a heavy Diamond Mind focus. Using Concentration to replace his reflexes and willpower is exactly what Wrath is all about, as well as precise, high-damage strikes. The more I think about it, Diamond Mind is so perfect. Hearing The Air, Time Stands Still, these are all things he actually did. As for feats I'd go with the whole Karmic Strike/Robilar's Gambit/Improved Trip routine of getting like six attacks whenever someone attacks him once.

Alternatively you could go with Swiftblade, maybe a Battle Sorcerer base with a number of divination spells to represent the super eye, and then all of Swiftblade's Haste tricks for his blinding speed and agility.

EDIT: I wouldn't go with Elan because Wrath specifically wasn't ageless, his aging process was slowed but he was starting to break down since he was originally human, unlike Pride who had been alive for centuries longer and was still in perfect form.

zergling.exe
2016-03-08, 12:35 PM
Or Human for that one Dragon Magazine feat that grants regeneration...

Wrath didn't have the ability to regenerate. He survived by dodging anything coming at him.