PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Justice (spoilerish)

Kurald Galain
2007-06-19, 07:30 AM
With the fall of Azure City, there don't appear to be any high-level mages around to remove Belkar's mark of justice (well, except V, but something tells me V wouldn't)... perhaps that means he can't be more than one mile away from Roy's corpse?

Mystyco
2007-06-19, 07:40 AM
hinjo and/or roy may have set up the greatest bluff ever, pheraps belkar is just screwed...who know?

Voidhawk
2007-06-19, 07:46 AM
Then again, how many buildings have to remain standing and not on fire for a pile of rubble to still count as a city? No city, no limits!

Foxtale
2007-06-19, 07:56 AM
Though there were a few other conditions on it, like the distance from Roy thing. But it implied in 435 that Hinjo could remove it. I dunno if that meant that Hinjo could get a high level wizard to do it, but I thought only the ruler of Azure City could.

Hmmm... on that note, does that mean Xykon is the only one who can remove the Mark of Justice? It would be ironic.

Kurald Galain
2007-06-19, 08:08 AM
hinjo and/or roy may have set up the greatest bluff ever, pheraps belkar is just screwed...who know?
However, Roy has zero ranks in bluff.

Hmmm... on that note, does that mean Xykon is the only one who can remove the Mark of Justice? It would be ironic.
-insert Palpatine quote here-

Mystyco
2007-06-19, 08:12 AM
However, Roy has zero ranks in bluff.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0139.html

enough?

RobbyPants
2007-06-19, 03:19 PM
I'd often wondered this. Belkar has too (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0408.html), but he's never tested it!

Cade Shadow
2007-06-19, 03:56 PM
With the fall of Azure City, there don't appear to be any high-level mages around to remove Belkar's mark of justice (well, except V, but something tells me V wouldn't)... perhaps that means he can't be more than one mile away from Roy's corpse?

No, because Belkar caught on in that one comic, it was just a bluff, what they really put on his head was explosive runes. see, read it!

comicadv
2007-06-19, 05:11 PM
...Does that mean Xykon is the only one who can remove the Mark of Justice? It would be ironic.

Xykon would.

You know he would.

Just for the fun of it.

And its not like he would attack Belkar. Belkar is Chaotic evil and there is no way Xykon would remember he's with the order.

squidthingy
2007-06-20, 06:43 AM
There is probaly a word that hinjo can say to remove the curse, just like there was a word roy can say to activate it

Kurald Galain
2007-06-20, 06:59 AM
There is probaly a word that hinjo can say to remove the curse, just like there was a word roy can say to activate it

Why?

Even assuming Shojo had such a word, he did not exactly have the opportunity to tell his nephew.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-20, 08:21 AM
Two words:
"Remove Curse"

Kreistor
2007-06-20, 10:44 AM

The spell description doesn't allow for something like that.

Quikngruvn
2007-06-20, 11:17 AM
I would assume that whoever cast the spell on Belkar could dismiss it at will.

However, I would also assume that Redcloak nearly stepped in what's left of the cleric who cast it....