PDA

View Full Version : Help me build the best TWF rogue please

Shadowbane13
2016-03-08, 10:30 AM
As the title states I'm looking for some insight on building a TWF rogue for our campaign.
Ability scores are
Str 14
Dex 20 (was 18 +2 from race)
Con 18
Int 18
Wis 12
Cha 13

Hiro Quester
2016-03-08, 12:55 PM
Those stats are a good start. The 18 int will be useful for skills and for knowledge checks (or if you want to take levels in Warblade, or even Eternal Blade if you are an Elf, you can get some excellent INT synergy happening).

But if you can move it to STR you will be able to do a lot more damage. TWF suffers often from the comparison with the THF power attack damage output. TWF makes more attacks per round (and offhand attacks only using 1/2 strength for damage), your damage output is averaged over more attacks (more dice rolled to hit an for damage) rather than packaged into one mighty attack.

If you do more damage with every successful hit you mitigate much of that comparison. Though a rogue's Sneak Attack can mitigate that lower damage consideration.

For a good guide to building a TWF character, the TWF Offhandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279079-3-5-The-TWF-OffHandbook) pretty much sums up most of the wisdom you will need to make good choices.

Denomar
2016-03-08, 01:50 PM
3.5 or Pathfinder.

What sources are you allowed.

Darrin
2016-03-08, 02:24 PM
You'll need to specify what sources/books are allowed.

In Core, the best TWF rogue is probably dual shortswords or a TWF/Rapid Shot/Quickdraw flask thrower.

Outside of Core, Daring Outlaw with a dip into Cloistered Cleric for Travel Devotion is pretty decent.

TWF with poison rings (Dragon Compendium, touch attacks) might be better, but will probably get books thrown at your head.

If you don't mind being evil, Maiming Strike (Exemplars of Evil) + Craven (Champions of Ruin) + Arterial Strike (Complete Warrior) is a bit of a jaw-dropper. Scruffy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19553550&postcount=248)only had one level of rogue, but can one-shot almost anything that isn't immune to crits or Charisma damage.

Shadowbane13
2016-03-08, 04:57 PM
I apologize for not specifying before. It's any 3.5e book. Anything documented. Not homebrew or anything else. But I have no limit within the 3.5 realm of books.