PDA

View Full Version : Giving multi class combinations names

Spacehamster
2016-03-08, 12:08 PM
So instead of the boring "I'm a fighter x rogue y" I thought of a fun exercise for us here in the playground: namely coming up with fitting and cool name of multi class combos. I'll get the ball rolling with 3 I came up with on the fly. :)

Oathbreaker + Necromancer = Lord of decay
Hunter ranger + assassin = Wilderness stalker
Berserker barbarian + Vengence paladin = frenzied zealot

So go wild! :)

Oramac
2016-03-08, 12:13 PM
It's super boring, but I've been calling my Cleric/Sorcerer a "Tempest Sorcerer" because of the Divine Domain I took.

I could argue for calling it "Thor" as well. :P

Spacehamster
2016-03-08, 12:16 PM
It's super boring, but I've been calling my Cleric/Sorcerer a "Tempest Sorcerer" because of the Divine Domain I took.

I could argue for calling it "Thor" as well. :P

Nice. :) Myself I would prob call myself a "hailstorm" with that build. :) or If I were a stocky compact dwarf I would call myself the boom box. xD

In any case it sounds much better then just saying levels and classes. ^^

Oramac
2016-03-08, 12:24 PM
call myself a "hailstorm"

Oh, I like that! Not in the least because Halestorm is among my favorite bands. I'm a little upset I didn't think of it myself. :P

Arkhios
2016-03-08, 12:27 PM
While Ancients Paladin could be single-class Warden, I've taken a liking to call my Ancient Paladin/Lore Bard a Warden (or Wolf Warden due to some campaign related lore reasons).
His Bard spells being selected from those also available to druids, to get a more druidic feel.

Edit: also, I'm a big fan of bard's class-origins, namely Fighter/Rogue/Druid from around 2nd Edition AD&D. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember exact edition right now).

Ruslan
2016-03-08, 12:29 PM
Fighter/Rogue = Thug
Sorcerer/Warlock = Occultist
Sorcerer/Paladin = Templar Theurge or Sacred Theurge
Fighter/Bladelock = seeing as Eldritch Knight is already taken, perhaps Eldritch Blade ?

Spacehamster
2016-03-08, 12:49 PM
Oath breaker + fiend bladelock = Void reaver

Theodoxus
2016-03-08, 01:10 PM
Rogue/Cleric [knowledge] = Temple Raider
Sorcerer [storm]/Cleric [knowledge] = Stormlord
Barbarian [wolf totem]/Rogue [thief w/Healer feat] = Dr Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

Bolares
2016-03-08, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking of calling my Eladrin Eldritch Knight/Bladesinger an Fey Warcaster

RickAllison
2016-03-08, 01:44 PM
Swashbuckler/Bladesinger = Dancing Death

A bit melodramatic, but I kind of like the image of him assassinating people through his peerless grace and skill in a razor-sharp blur. MAD as all get out, however; Dexterity for attack, Intelligence for defense and attack, Charisma for Panache and initiative, Con to stay alive.

Arkhios
2016-03-08, 02:45 PM
Swashbuckler/Bladesinger = Dancing Death

A bit melodramatic, but I kind of like the image of him assassinating people through his peerless grace and skill in a razor-sharp blur. MAD as all get out, however; Dexterity for attack, Intelligence for defense and attack, Charisma for Panache and initiative, Con to stay alive.

Wouldn't that just be Dervish Dancer?

DaKiwiMonsta
2016-03-08, 05:01 PM
WotS Monk + Assassin Rogue = Midnight Visitor

Gtdead
2016-03-08, 05:06 PM
It's super boring, but I've been calling my Cleric/Sorcerer a "Tempest Sorcerer"

I've been calling mine Stormlord!

Daehron
2016-03-08, 05:07 PM
Edit: also, I'm a big fan of bard's class-origins, namely Fighter/Rogue/Druid from around 2nd Edition AD&D. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember exact edition right now).

First edition AD&D actually. I recall 2nd Edition made the Bard a sub-class of rogue that progressed from level 1. Only answering because you asked to be corrected. back to your regularly scheduled name-fest...

Daehron
2016-03-08, 05:10 PM
I call my Lore Bard 14/Wizard 1/ Cleric (Knowledge) 1, with Ritual Caster (Wizard) an Arcanist. His mastery of the knowledge skills and ability to cast spells from every class list, plus sick number of barely used cantrips and rituals is fun. Even if he mostly just locks down encounters with AoE charms and such.

8wGremlin
2016-03-08, 06:15 PM
I call my Lore Bard 14/Wizard 1/ Cleric (Knowledge) 1, with Ritual Caster (Wizard) an Arcanist. His mastery of the knowledge skills and ability to cast spells from every class list, plus sick number of barely used cantrips and rituals is fun. Even if he mostly just locks down encounters with AoE charms and such.

so he has 1st level wizard, and cleric spells, and bard spells of a 14th level bard...

Ruslan
2016-03-08, 06:44 PM
Shadow Monk + Assassin with Sailor background = Pirate Ninja

8wGremlin
2016-03-08, 06:45 PM
Shadow Monk + Assassin with Sailor background = Pirate Ninja

+ Warforged race = Robot Pirate Ninja

Spacehamster
2016-03-08, 07:16 PM
Champion Fighter 11 / Barbarian 9 Half Orc = War Hulk

RazDelacroix
2016-03-08, 08:27 PM
Noble Rogue (Mastermind) / Wizard (Enchanter) = Diplomancer

Nifft
2016-03-08, 09:10 PM
Cleric / Wizard = Theurge.

Storm Cleric / Storm Sorcerer = Thorcerer.

Fighter / Wizard = Shig. Wait, that's somehow not quite right... maybe... Higs? Meh, close enough.

Belac93
2016-03-08, 09:49 PM
Barbarian+Fiend Warlock=Demon Rager
Moon Druid+Monk=Kung-fu-panda
Druid+Barbarian=Bearbarian. (I know this is what primal path barbarians are called, but whatever.)
Bard+Moon Druid=The UnBEARable singer
Bard+Barbarian=Skald
Rogue+Moon Druid=Sir Bearington

Lines
2016-03-08, 09:54 PM
Paladin plus ranger plus wizard: High Roller

Barbarian plus warlock: Idiot

Barbarian plus mystic: Loophole Abuser

Battlemaster plus bard: Warlord Misser

Paladin plus Warlock: Fluff Destroyer

JNAProductions
2016-03-08, 09:56 PM

Oath of the Ancients/Feylock wants a word with you. :P

Spectre9000
2016-03-08, 10:24 PM
Favored Soul Sorcerer (Life) 12/Tomelock 7/Cleric(Life) 1

The Lazarus Pit.

How about a twinned, distanced, or quickened heal? How about two every turn? How about recovering Sorcerer Points on a short rest as well? How about adding hitpoints to each of those heals equal to 2+spell level? How about sitting in Heavy Armor while you do it? How about being a Hill Dwarf?

If you said yes to all of the above, then welcome to Healbot heaven.

Tenmujiin
2016-03-09, 03:58 AM
Fighter/Bladelock = seeing as Eldritch Knight is already taken, perhaps Eldritch Blade ?

I usually just call that a Bladelock :smalltongue:

Cespenar
2016-03-09, 06:41 AM

Oathbreaker/Fiendlock: Blackguard
Ancients/Feylock: Summer Knight
Crown/Feylock: Winter Knight
Devotion/Undying Light: Crusader
Ancients/Undying Light: Lightbringer
Vengeance/Undying Light: Gray Guard
Crown/Undying Light: Justiciar

Lines
2016-03-09, 06:55 AM
Oathbreaker/Fiendlock: Blackguard
Ancients/Feylock: Summer Knight
Crown/Feylock: Winter Knight
Devotion/Undying Light: Crusader
Ancients/Undying Light: Lightbringer
Vengeance/Undying Light: Gray Guard
Crown/Undying Light: Justiciar

Devotion/Fiendlock works too, you just gotta make your own fluff. I never said fluff destroyer is a bad thing, fluff's only a suggestion and can be removed to create anew.

Malifice
2016-03-09, 07:10 AM
Berserker barbarian + Vengence paladin = frenzied zealot

I call it the 'Jules'

'And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. '

Cespenar
2016-03-09, 07:19 AM
Devotion/Fiendlock works too, you just gotta make your own fluff. I never said fluff destroyer is a bad thing, fluff's only a suggestion and can be removed to create anew.

Just used your words as an excuse to think about cool titles, nothing more.

Waffle_Iron
2016-03-09, 07:21 AM
I call it the 'Jules'

'And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. '

"But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is…you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."

Lord Haart
2016-03-09, 07:31 AM
Warlock+cleric=warpriest.
Wizard+fighter=wighter. :p
Archery fighter+ancients paladin=ranger.

ThatKreacher
2016-03-09, 03:54 PM
warlock + wizard = witch
druid + fighter + rogue = ranger
cleric + fighter = paladin
WotsMonk + rogue = ninja
rogue + wizard = beguiler
4ElementsMonk + wizard = wu jen

EvilestWeevil
2016-03-09, 05:41 PM
For my fighter/rogue (thief) I prefer the term sellsword.

SmokingSkull
2016-03-09, 06:52 PM
Fighter (Champion) 17/Barbarian (Totem Warrior: Bear) 3: Battlerager

Malifice
2016-03-09, 10:37 PM
"But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is…you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."

Totally playing this character next up.

What does Strahd look like?

What..?

Say what again; I dare you. I double dare you...

DragonBaneDM
2016-03-10, 12:12 AM
While Ancients Paladin could be single-class Warden, I've taken a liking to call my Ancient Paladin/Lore Bard a Warden (or Wolf Warden due to some campaign related lore reasons).
His Bard spells being selected from those also available to druids, to get a more druidic feel.

Warden is what I'm calling my Moon Druid with Paladin dip.

Shapeshifting guardian drawing on the divine power of nature? Certainly fits the namesake quite well.

Belac93
2016-03-10, 12:59 AM
GOO warlock + berserker barbarian= Not quite right in the head.
Barbarian+Wild magic sorcerer+Evocker wizard+War cleric=MAD. (Mad at dragons.)

Arkhios
2016-03-11, 03:12 AM
Warden is what I'm calling my Moon Druid with Paladin dip.

Shapeshifting guardian drawing on the divine power of nature? Certainly fits the namesake quite well.

Agreed, mine is not however a shapeshifting Warden, and not precisely true to 4th edition Warden mould. A Warden can mean more than just that, mind you ;). One that might fit even better for being a Warden might be Totem Warrior/Druid, given that he'd even get Constitution to AC (if I recall, Wardens in 4th edition did get an option for just that).

DragonBaneDM
2016-03-11, 09:26 AM
Agreed, mine is not however a shapeshifting Warden, and not precisely true to 4th edition Warden mould. A Warden can mean more than just that, mind you ;). One that might fit even better for being a Warden might be Totem Warrior/Druid, given that he'd even get Constitution to AC (if I recall, Wardens in 4th edition did get an option for just that).

They did! And honestly I might take a level in Barbarian (or Monk for the Wis, maybe) JUST to get a fix to my AC. I'm not sure. The campaign only goes up to Level 15, so it's not like I'd be getting my Beast Spell on.