PDA

View Full Version : Subscribed threads option is cheesing me off...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-19, 08:33 AM
Ok, I don't know if it is a 'new feature', but I go to my User CP. There I see what threads I'm subscribed to that have been recently posted in. I click on one to read, and then I return to my User CP to read the next in line... and lo and behold, they are gone. All it takes is you looking at the list of subscribed threads once to wipe it clean.

It didn't do this until recently, so if it is an 'update' I really think it needs to go back to what it was. Y'know, to usability.

Rawhide
2007-06-19, 09:02 AM
We are dealing with the bandwidth and server load capacity issues. Please bear with us as we resolve these issues. Some features may be temporarily or permanently disabled. We are addressing the issue and appreciate your patience.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-19, 09:09 AM
My subscribed threads and User CP are working ok. If it didn't I'd have a heck of a time finding the threads I've posted in. It still clears out after about 20 minutes of time logged in though...other than that it works ok...

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-19, 09:20 AM
Mine only clears out with about 10-20 minutes of inactivity. If I am posting in my games, and I click on the userCP after I post in one game, normally the others are there. If I take too long to post, then they go away. This is not too bad though, because I can just click 'view all' and find the ones by date that I have not read.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-19, 11:35 AM
I believe your problem, VT, is a side effect of the current cookie-based method of tracking read threads. The system will often marks all threads in a forum as "read" when you navigate to a new page. I believe the Subscribed threads behave similarly. And since only subscribed threads with new posts appear on your main CP page, they will disappear in a similar fashion.

So, it's probably easiest to use the "Quick Links" menu to jump directly to your thread subscriptions page. Or, if you still want to use your CP main page, open your subscribed threads in new windows or tabs (though you should wait for each page to completely load before opening the next one in order to minimize bandwidth issues).

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-06-19, 02:42 PM
We are dealing with the bandwidth and server load capacity issues. Please bear with us as we resolve these issues. Some features may be temporarily or permanently disabled. We are addressing the issue and appreciate your patience.

You should put that in your signature Rawhide, less copying & pasting :smalltongue: