PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Skymage Gish

Adalid
2016-03-08, 08:42 PM
Hello again GitP! You guys have been really helpful with builds on the campaigns I have been playing this past year. It was my first year playing dnd and Ive thoroughly enjoyed the game and these forums were extremely helpful while I learned the game. Just wanted to say thank you, on to the question!
So recently the character I've been playing for about 7 months in one campaign died and decided I wanted to play a zhentarim skymage gish character. The only rule is it has to be cha based so in that regards it's probably going to be a sorcerer. Ive read a few threads that list creatures from the MMs I've also read a few books but havent found a mount that screams this character. I want this gish to basically wield lances (so probably thunder lance for melee and ice lance for range) and to be able to cause chaos on battlefields. Use a mount that causes fear in the enemy, use weather conditions that affect sight, perhaps loud roars to disrupt commands. As far as optimization goes most is fair game we have an incantatrix in the party as an example. I know of linnorms and such but does anyone know any other kinds of mounts. I'll be coming in at 15 with 24 cha 3.5/P are allowed and dragon magazine is on a case by case. I've even seen our DM allow a few homebrew things so if anyone knows.

Werephilosopher
2016-03-08, 09:12 PM
Chiang Lung dragons from Oriental Adventures can cause rainstorms and use control water on a radius of up to one mile per age category as juveniles. When they grow to ancient they can use control weather at will.