PDA

View Full Version : Background Help

ThatAdventurer
2016-03-08, 10:33 PM
Hey guys and gals, I'm working on a character and I'm having some trouble with the background this character is a Young Chaotic Good Human Ranger with the Urchin background, his bond is that he stole from someone important and is now wanted for it, and his flaw is that gold seems like a lot to him and he will do anything to get more of it. Also another player and I decided to have our character's backgrounds to be connected, what we agreed on is that his Teifling Cleric adopted my character at a young age. Your help with this will be appreciated.

mgshamster
2016-03-08, 10:36 PM
Sounds like you've got it together. What did you need help with?

ThatAdventurer
2016-03-08, 10:58 PM
Sounds like you've got it together. What did you need help with?
What I need help with is making the story like what caused him to be an urchin, how did he gain his knack for nature, etc.

Dizlag
2016-03-08, 11:10 PM
Well, he might've escaped the city from this important person and wandered into the woods. Your character had a natural ability to survive in the wild and wander near an abbey your teifling cleric friend was from. You survived, but barely survived and this teifling cleric fed you and took care of you.

Not sure where to go from there ...

Good luck!

Dizlag

ChelseaNH
2016-03-09, 03:06 PM
If you were young when the cleric adopted you, then -- you were an orphan in the city, fell in with other urchins to survive, got into trouble, met the cleric and he removed you from the corrupting influence of the city to a more rural environment, where you flourished.

Regitnui
2016-03-09, 04:08 PM
Hmm...

Your character always had an affinity for animals more than people, which gave you the talent of getting past guard dogs/beasts more often than your peers. Since you didn't have much in the way of thieving skills, you became part of an urchin gang, where your role was keeping the guard animals off your partners' backs while they did the actual breaking and entering. You got.a cut of the profits, or at least you did until the gang tried to steal from the tiefling's shrine.

Your partners were caught quickly, but you, standing outside the building with the dog (temple animal?) playing happily with you, escaped prosecution. The tiefling, however, knew better. Believing that he could change your life for the better, he took you in. The pair of you travelled to towns outside the city, where you were exposed to the rural, outdoor life. When you found your passion (this is where you became a ranger-in-training), the tiefling let you roll with it. Now, you meet again...