PDA

View Full Version : Making a human who wants to become a warforged

jangartharn1
2016-03-09, 09:34 AM
Hey guys so in an upcoming campaign I want to make a very serious role playing character who wants to become a warforged. The idea would be that he's a human who wants to leave behind his human form and become a construct. Kind of the idea of "steel is better than flesh." So I'm wondering what class would my guy need to take to be able to "upgrade" himself over time? This upcoming campaign is starting at level 1 so I need some help with classes and feats I would need to take so my character would gradually over time and become a construct. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mr Adventurer
2016-03-09, 09:36 AM
The Renegade Mastermaker prestige class in the Eberron books is exactly this.

Doctor Despair
2016-03-09, 09:38 AM
In flavor, you could become an artificer, but there is a half-golem template you could gradually apply to become more construct-like. Ultimately you'd wand to emulate a wish spell (which artificers can do quite early) or some other appropriate polymorph spell to change your race to become a true Warforged. Or not! If you can pass all the saves, you can become like 90% construct with whatever race you wanna be. :)

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-09, 09:41 AM
The Renegade Mastermaker prestige class in the Eberron books is exactly this.

This is what I was going to suggest.

Be an Artificer and take this class. That's really all you'll need to do mechanically. Everything else will come down to role play.

Inevitability
2016-03-09, 09:53 AM
This is what I was going to suggest.

Be an Artificer and take this class. That's really all you'll need to do mechanically. Everything else will come down to role play.

If you choose to be an artificer, make sure your DM houserules RM's casting progression to improve infusions. By RAW, it doesn't (artificers are explicitly not spellcasters).

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-09, 10:31 AM
Depending on the power level of the game and composition of the party that may not even be necessary. Artificer is really good, and losing a little progression won't hurt too bad.