PDA

View Full Version : Help me making tables

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-09, 10:18 AM
I have some homebrew classes but I can't post them because of my table issues.
Columns, rows, width? I'm just too bad at English and I don't understand what they mean with these. How can I make tables right?

Example: a homebrewed class (5e) with 20 levels. Needing prof. bonus, spellslots for levels 1-5, features and points every level. Which options should I choose. 20 rows ? 4 rows ? 8 rows? I don't have a clue

Jasdoif
2016-03-09, 12:11 PM
I have some homebrew classes but I can't post them because of my table issues.
Columns, rows, width? I'm just too bad at English and I don't understand what they mean with these. How can I make tables right? Basically columns are left-and-right, while rows are up-and-down. For width, I'd be lazy and put in 100% so it takes up the entire width of the post. For example here's a table with 3 columns, 4 rows and 100% width:

Row 1
Column 1
Column 2
Column 3

Row 2

Row 3

Row 4

You might find the [table] guide thread useful, too.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-09, 01:08 PM
Basically columns are left-and-right, while rows are up-and-down. For width, I'd be lazy and put in 100% so it takes up the entire width of the post. For example here's a table with 3 columns, 4 rows and 100% width:

Row 1
Column 1
Column 2
Column 3

Row 2

Row 3

Row 4

You might find the [table] guide thread useful, too.
Thank you so much! All I needed

Psyren
2016-03-10, 10:49 AM
To add to Jasdoif's post, in the very top left of the posting box there is a toggle called "Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode" - if you do your tables here, that makes it a lot easier because you can view them while building them instead of mucking around with the BBcode.