PDA

View Full Version : Vaarsuvius,MIA or KIB?

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-19, 09:31 AM
In http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0467.html haley says that V is MIA missing in action, But I think it plausible that V ran away like the little chikengot KIB killed in battle
>sigh< poor little V:smallfrown:

POLL.
O MIA
O KIB

Reed
2007-06-19, 09:45 AM
Nah. A major character doesn't simply get killed offscreen. V will be back, popping out of invisiblity at the most (in)appropriate moment. Don't worry. :smallcool:

Chronos
2007-06-19, 10:10 AM
V will be back, popping out of invisiblity at the most (in)appropriate moment. Don't worry.I'm sure e'll be back soon, and appear in the most humourous way possible, but it won't be by popping out of invisibility. The duration on Invisibility is only 1 minute per level, and Azure City's hour of need was three hours ago. Nor can e cast another one, since that was es last spell.

Alfryd
2007-06-19, 10:24 AM
Drat. There goes my theory he'd retrieve Miko's hipbone.

AyuVince
2007-06-19, 02:44 PM
V is definitely not dead, 1) because, as has been stated before, the main cast never dies off-panel or in any other unspectacular way, 2) because V is too cool to die in anything else but a titanic arcane battle, and ze's out of spells, so no way.

squidthingy
2007-06-19, 02:45 PM
Since everything has been so dramatic lately V will probaly appear like this: when the rest of the Oots thinks there is no hope left out of nowhere comes V carrying roy's eyelash and diamonds leftover from when Shojo couldn't be rezed, durkon will cast rez and roy will be back at full hp and save the Oots

Deepblue706
2007-06-19, 02:47 PM
Obviously, V will become a "POW".

basilisk 89
2007-06-19, 02:51 PM
Don't forget, V is also WIA. All it would take it running into a single group of Hobgoblins and it would be elven toast...made with real elf. I agree with the above post, that V will probably be taken prisoner, thus forcing the OotS to stay in Azure City in an attempt the save V.

RobbyPants
2007-06-19, 03:07 PM
Nah. A major character doesn't simply get killed offscreen. V will be back, popping out of invisiblity at the most (in)appropriate moment. Don't worry. :smallcool:
Exactly.

Durkon can heal people off panel, but having a major person just die off panel would be wierd. It would bother so many people for them to find V's dead body with no explanation!

maitreyi
2007-06-19, 06:11 PM
We haven't seen her/him since strip #452. That's fifteen strips ago!:smallfurious: :furious:

More V, MORE V!:vaarsuvius:

comicadv
2007-06-19, 06:15 PM
V is alive, you can't kill what you can't see especially when its running from you.

and...

A lot of people are calling V a "he".

I hope not.

That would be wrong because V and Haley alway share a room and V isn't like that.:smallyuk:

Alex Warlorn
2007-06-19, 06:26 PM
I doubt V is dead, doesn't fit story style.
And if V was female, he'd have a chest, like EVERY last single female seen in the comic so far.

Twilight Jack
2007-06-19, 06:32 PM
Don't you people dare turn this into another V's gender thread.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-19, 06:38 PM
V ducked to one side, and is now legging it out to Roy's body.

Well, maybe not. Did V see Roy fall? S/he was down lower on the wall after the Titanium elementals broke through the wall. After S/he fixed the wall, and enlarged the 13 warriors, s/he never seemed to get back on top of the wall. After that V is down along the lower side of the wall, and very close to it for the rest of the battle, including the Death Knight and the charge through the breech. At that time V goes invisible, and runs for it.

Actually, as I flip through the strips, V heard Elan's song, so s/he knows Roy is dead, or at least badly hurt.

Which direction would you run? With 13 minutes to make good your escape? Into the city, or out across the plain?

Arqane
2007-06-19, 07:10 PM
V is definitely not dead, 1) because, as has been stated before, the main cast never dies off-panel or in any other unspectacular way, 2) because V is too cool to die in anything else but a titanic arcane battle, and ze's out of spells, so no way.

You mean like Ep 456 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0456.html), only from 30+ yards... and replacing "Made my save" with "(Improved) Counterspelled"?

Chronos
2007-06-19, 09:40 PM
when the rest of the Oots thinks there is no hope left out of nowhere comes V carrying roy's eyelash and diamonds leftover from when Shojo couldn't be rezed,No diamonds left over from Shojo. Material components are used up regardless of whether the spell is successful. E could get more from the Azure City treasury, or wherever that one came from, but that'd be much more Haley's style (especially since V probably doesn't have Knock prepared).

Lord Magtok
2007-06-19, 09:46 PM
What if V chickens out and decides to join Team Evil? V always struck me as the kind of person wo'd make a decent villain, especially with all that stuff about ultimate arcane power. Power lust=Evil.

Helios Sunshard
2007-06-19, 10:40 PM
I just hope that V had not seen/belived Elan Illusion, that would be problematic

Edit: Elan had his old clothes in the illusion, V should have noticed :smallsmile:

DeltaDart
2007-06-19, 10:48 PM
Killed in Battle?No.
Killed in the Blast would be more reasonable, not possible either, though.

DrivinAllNight
2007-06-19, 11:04 PM
I just hope that V had not seen/belived Elan Illusion, that would be problematic

Edit: Elan had his old clothes in the illusion, V should have noticed :smallsmile:

well, V is smart as can be, but seems to lack some common sense at times, (it's a curse of the highly gifted) so if s/he saw that, then s/he might believe it, it all depends on which side of the wall she was on at the time, inside, would be believed, outside obviously not believed since no real bodies fell.

Dean Fellithor
2007-06-20, 12:49 AM
well, V is smart as can be, but seems to lack some common sense at times, (it's a curse of the highly gifted) so if s/he saw that, then s/he might believe it, it all depends on which side of the wall she was on at the time, inside, would be believed, outside obviously not believed since no real bodies fell.
I believe V and Roy will show up with the Blood of 1000 Goblins on them and Half crazed eyes, V will be holding a huge knife (respectively).

Kurald Galain
2007-06-20, 03:46 AM
S/he is, naturally, directly behind you.

Emperor Ing
2007-06-20, 04:43 AM
V cant die, it would violate a crucial RPG rule (forgot the name >_<), where unless you either hear about a character dying, or you witness it, theyre not dead. But DND violated the Ectoplasm rule (ghosts can be harmed by normal weapons and spells), so I wouldnt be suprised if we didnt hear from V for a long time, aw who am i kidding? THATS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Yiel
2007-06-20, 04:57 AM
*hands everyone who thinks V is dead a note* Of course V prepared explosive runes today.

V is there... somewhere.

Tyrmatt
2007-06-20, 06:09 AM
I'd imagine V has set himself up somewhere quiet and undisturbed to begin his trance for the day and then another hour of spellbook study before he's ready to rejoin the Order.
Or most likely s/he's directly behind you :p

Mystyco
2007-06-20, 06:34 AM
well, seems like rich could make a strip to make you see how will V die :P

however, seems like the chicken-mage is running away, for now

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-20, 08:18 AM
Gah!
Standard English grammer dictates that when the gender of a subject is unknown, it is perfectly appropriate to use the masculine pronoun!
V is alive, he is, as Haley said The "most powerful member" of the Order. He wouldn't die unspectacularly.
Or, perhaps, he could, but it would be both on-panel and funny.

Kreistor
2007-06-20, 10:48 AM
I believe V and Roy will show up with the Blood of 1000 Goblins on them and Half crazed eyes, V will be holding a huge knife (respectively).

A little 8-bit Theatre in your diet, then?

Lerch
2007-06-20, 10:58 AM
Not trying to be an acronym nazi, but it's KIA as well (Killed in Action)

I think that V is out on the plains trying to get to Roy's body so it can be brought to the healer and returned to life

Mordokai
2007-06-20, 11:20 AM
I hightly doubt that V has strenght sufficient to haul Roy's dead body over the plane, back to the city. Even Roy body alone, let alone that 50 pounds of armor.

Time well tell, I say. Rich has surprised us before, let him do that again.

Blayze
2007-06-20, 11:29 AM
the main cast never dies off-panel or in any other unspectacular way

Daigoji Gai.

Lord Anath'Kash
2007-06-21, 08:21 AM
V is alive.

How do I know?

Quite simple:

A dnd party isn't a (proper) dnd party without the arcane spellcaster.

Elan doesn't count :smalltongue:

mohair_ninja
2007-06-21, 09:50 AM
If V was smart enough to save V's last spell for V-self, V was also smart enough to hide in some safe place.

Who knows, maybe V painted V's face orange, took hob's armor and weapons, and V is listening in this disguise to Xykon and Redcloak on the Azure City square
:redcloak: Hmm... it look we have here some really HOT hobgobliness...
:vaarsuvius: Darn!
:xykon: Redcloak, come back. After death I fail to understand people's biophiliac tendencies, but leave this wimpy guy and come back to continue our debate!
:redcloak: I'm getting old... I could swear he's a girl...
:vaarsuvius: It was near...
Meanwhile...
:haley: Belkar, look! Female hobgoblin spellcaster!
:belkar: Nah, he's male. However. (throws dagger at V)
:vaarsuvius: Aargh! (dead)
And the prophecy comes true :smallbiggrin:

Basalock
2007-06-21, 10:09 AM
no offense, but that sucked

MR.PIXIE
2007-06-21, 01:52 PM
I miss V :smallfrown:

Myronides
2007-06-21, 02:19 PM
Obviously V will be waiting on the boat.

...Eh?
2007-06-21, 02:27 PM
What if V chickens out and decides to join Team Evil? V always struck me as the kind of person wo'd make a decent villain, especially with all that stuff about ultimate arcane power. Power lust=Evil.

Aye, I was rereading the older comics earlier, and the first thing that came to mind at the point where V askes the oracle how he'll achieve ultimate arcane power was that the four right words will be "I will join you," and the right being would be Redcloak or Xykon.

Pokemaster
2007-06-21, 02:28 PM
Obviously V will be waiting on the boat.

Two votes for V waiting on the boat. Or possibly stealing the boat out of a mistaken belief that he's the only survivor.

Twisted Otaku
2007-06-21, 02:49 PM
My vote goes for MIA. V's too powerful of a character (story wise) so I guess I'm trying to say that V is too important, or integral to the group composition.

Mad Scientist
2007-06-21, 04:38 PM
My guess is that V think the rest of the team got exploded in the throne room, decided to scavenge part of Roy's body (like a finger or something) and escaped to the ship.

I think this mostly because V is a major character and would die on screen. So, since we haven't seen a dead invisible elf (which I'm not sure how you would draw) I think V is just missing.

WarriorTribble
2007-06-21, 06:00 PM
Since he probably followed the retreaing soldiers (a wizard needs his meatshield no?) he's probably on Hinjo's junk and may or may not be out of the harbor. Really depends on Lien, and what V and the soldiers told her.

Oh lordy I hope we don't get a incident... All the soldiers say Hinjo and co. is dead while the higher level V insists on a horible bardic illusion. Since npcs never seem to see through Elan's illusions...

TheZorker
2007-06-23, 01:36 AM
There is the sure way to make V reappear.

Start announcing how glad you are "That Annoying Elf is Gone".

:smalltongue: