PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Build Help

Shnigda
2016-03-09, 09:15 PM
Hey guys, a while back I asked for some help with a Warshaper character I was making and got some help with that, but I am now unsure as to where to take the character class-wise.

Character Info:
Race: Hengeyokai (Raccoon Dog) (most time spent in hybrid form)
Size: Large (Homebrew trait)
Alignment: CG
Classes: Rogue1/Barbarian2/Fighter1/Rogue1/Warshaper4/Fighter1(/Warblade1/????? 9)

Abilities and Saves:
STR: 32(28 when in human form)
DEX: 16
CON: 16(12 when in human form)
INT: 14
WIS: 6
CHA: 8

HP: 97

FORTITUDE: +14
REFLEX: +11
WILL: +5

Feats:
Flaw (Shaky): Power Attack
Flaw (Inattentive): Endurance
Level 1: Steadfast Determination
Rogue1 Bonus Feat(lvl1): Improved Bull Rush
Level 3: Improved Initiative
Barb2 Wolf Totem ACF: Improved Trip
Fighter1 Bonus Feat(lvl4): Knock-Down
Level 5: Leap Attack
Rogue2 Bonus Feat (lvl5): Knockback
Level 7: Combat Reflexes
Level 9: Shock Trooper
Fighter2 ACF (lvl10): Dungeon Crasher

Items:
Smoking Adamantine Greatsword +1 (DM has said I can remove the adamantine property if I want)
Mithral Blueshine Fullplate +2 of Agility
Vest of Resistance +1
Bracers of Dexterity and Ogre Power +2
Arm of Nyr
Composite +7 Longbow
(Various additional small items like backpacks and rope)

Apologies for my poor writing, I am not destined to be an author...

Grew up avoiding contact with civilization for the first years of his life, only venturing into a small village in the Wolfswood to occasionally steal food. However, after a few years of successfully living in this manner, Tom was spotted by a villager on one of his forays into the village. He managed to escape by changing shape and running away. A few days later, Tom discovered some food left on a tree stump in a clearing just outside town where he was surprised by many of the villagers. Instead of capturing him as Tom expected, the villagers began to give him offerings and seemed to revere him as a forest spirit. This reverence by the villagers continued for almost 10 years, causing Tom to relax his previous cautious tendencies as he no longer had to sneak around to survive.
However, this peaceful life ended abruptly one night. Tom awoke in his forest dwelling to a faint glow above the trees and the smell of smoke. Thinking the villagers were having a bonfire for a small event, Tom walked over to the village. But as he approached, he realised that not all was well; Tom heard screams and the roar of flames throughout the village. As he finally broke through the treeline surrounding the village, Tom saw the village in flames, almost everyone he knew either burned and dead on the ground or trapped in the village square, surrounded by fire. As he turned to flee back into the woods, Tom saw a laughing figure silhouetted against the fire, flames rising from his hands, the only distinguishing feature Tom noticed before he fled was the black cloak with a red hem that the man wore.
Ever since that day, Tom has been searching for clues about the identity of the mysterious figure and has vowed to have his vengeance against them for taking him away from his comfortable life in the Wolfswood.

I am fairly certain that I will take a level in Warblade next for some useful manoeuvres (though the 1st level stances aren't great...) but am unsure what would be good next and what would be most beneficial for a Two-Handed Power-Attacking Fighter-guy.

All official material is allowed, as is Drag Mag on a case-by-case basis. We also use Pathfinder Feat progression (1,3,5,7...).

Any help would be much appreciated regarding items, feats and classes (especially as this is my first fighter-type character, so I don't really know what I'm doing :P )!

Shnigda
2016-03-11, 09:09 AM
Bump. Help would be much appreciated!

Keld Denar
2016-03-11, 11:11 AM
The only stances that I really see benefiting you are Hunter's Stance (assuming Raccoon Dog doesn't give you scent already) or the small increase in charging damage from Leading the Charge.

Really, your character is pretty strong. I'd possibly look into increasing your base will save with a PrC that has a stronger will progression like maybe Pious Templar (which also grants Mettle). Steadfast Determination is awesome, but still needs to be supported with a base will.

A decent feat for you might be Mad Foam Rager from PHBII. It allows you to ignore something bad (up to and including death!) for 1 round. This can allow your party mates to fix you, or at least for you to die heroically 1 round after you'd normally die less heroically.

I'd really really really look into increasing your Con. You get so much out of it between HP, rage time, and +fort and +will. You should have at least a +4 Con item by level 10. Increase that and your +Str item ASAP with any pocket change you can fish out of the couch.

Shnigda
2016-03-11, 05:35 PM
I'd possibly look into increasing your base will save with a PrC that has a stronger will progression like maybe Pious Templar (which also grants Mettle). Steadfast Determination is awesome, but still needs to be supported with a base will.

What would you suggest are some good PrCs with good Will and BAB that I can easily qualify for? (Or already do...)

LordOfCain
2016-03-11, 05:37 PM
Don't one half of non initiator levels stack with initiator levels?

Shnigda
2016-03-11, 05:53 PM
Indeed they do, though I think you can only get 1st level stances for your first level of Warblade, no matter what initiator level you start at. (I think the same goes for Swordsage, IIRC)