PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Brewin' up some deities for the drow

acire
2016-03-10, 01:42 AM
I'm playing a Neutral Evil Drow Noble Hedge Witch in a planar tavern setting of my DM's design. It's a solo campaign.

If you looked up the Hedge Witch entry on the SRD under "3rd party classes", you'll see that, "Knowledge of new spells comes to hedge witch through divine inspiration from her god and goddess," which means that I need two deities. I don't have any books on drow, just what's on the SRD. Unfortunately, this means that drow worship is confined to Demon Lords, which wouldn't go well for me with the dual worship requirement. DM has told me that I'm allowed to homebrew a pair.

I don't need anyone to do my work for me. If you would like to offer up your own homebrewed drow god and goddess for use, then I'll credit you on the character sheet, but that's not what I'm asking for. What I'm asking for is help with the legend. The legend will ultimately be where I pull the titles, worship rituals, churches, and religion traits from. I need premises or summaries or something to kickstart my brain, as well as ideas for linking the two deities work together. Although hedge witches don't prepare their spells like clerics, it's probably not great for a divine caster who requires two deities to have those two deities fighting.

While I don't get domain spells or anything, I plan for one to have the Darkness, Death, Destruction, Earth, and Evil domains and the other to have the Evil, Knowledge, Magic, Nobility, and Trickery domains.

Any help is appreciated. :smallsmile:

Xuldarinar
2016-03-10, 02:04 AM
How about this;

One entity stands as the aspect of civilization, for lack of a better term. They take the world and shape it to their purposes, making it suit their needs and wants.

The other is the embodiment of the destructive nature of reality. A beastal entity, a deific id if you will, that simply does.

One takes the other and applies them, gives them purpose in the world. Where one would destroy for destruction's sake (and in turn grant the ability to destroy), the other leads them to something to destroy because they want for something. There is a world of difference between cutting down a tree to cut down a tree, and cutting it down to get it out of your way, to get firewood, to get materials to build a home, to build tools, to rid yourself of an annoying vermin that dwells within.. so on.

I imagine the goddess be the one who manipulates and civilizes the world. I imagine the god to be a roving entity, a mote of destruction and the very earth itself, bound to her and her alone. Perhaps they were not always divine entities, but two individuals who through one another reached divinity.

And maybe, just maybe, she is a reason behind drow nobles and the fact that the vast majority of them are women.

acire
2016-03-10, 01:35 PM
How about this;

One entity stands as the aspect of civilization, for lack of a better term. They take the world and shape it to their purposes, making it suit their needs and wants.

The other is the embodiment of the destructive nature of reality. A beastal entity, a deific id if you will, that simply does.

One takes the other and applies them, gives them purpose in the world. Where one would destroy for destruction's sake (and in turn grant the ability to destroy), the other leads them to something to destroy because they want for something. There is a world of difference between cutting down a tree to cut down a tree, and cutting it down to get it out of your way, to get firewood, to get materials to build a home, to build tools, to rid yourself of an annoying vermin that dwells within.. so on.

I imagine the goddess be the one who manipulates and civilizes the world. I imagine the god to be a roving entity, a mote of destruction and the very earth itself, bound to her and her alone. Perhaps they were not always divine entities, but two individuals who through one another reached divinity.

And maybe, just maybe, she is a reason behind drow nobles and the fact that the vast majority of them are women.

This is perfect. Thank you for the inspiration!