PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Tyr's prayers (Faerun god)

Pinjata
2016-03-10, 01:55 PM
Recently my fighter has gotten hold of Tyr's (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tyr) "Bible" (Faerun setting) and I'm thinking of using some prayers or short chants during game to boost immersion/roleplay a bit. Got any ideas on what texts could I use?

Darth Ultron
2016-03-11, 07:14 PM
Any thing about law, order, justice and the like works. Quotes about that work, like : It is better to risk saving a guilty man than to condemn an innocent one. Voltaire.

And cop prayers like: "Oh, Lord. Hear my prayer. May I return from my shift in the same health as when I enter into it. Please give me the wisdom to perform my duties to the utmost of my abilities. Help me to stay focused and fair in my contacts with the public. Help me to always keep in mind the oath I've taken as an officer of the law and a public servant. Give me patience, strength and the ability to overcome those who seek to harm the weak and defenseless. Oh, Lord. Hear my prayer.”

LibraryOgre
2016-03-12, 01:35 AM
Lo there do I see my father;
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers;
Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them,
in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.
Merciful Justice, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Tyr for forgiveness.
Oh Lord of Judgement, we lay before you the evidence of this court, and beseech your wisdom upon the Justices who consider it. Guide their thoughts in the ways of Truth, Let them acknowledge Duty and Honor, and Temper their Knowledge of the Law with Compassion for those wronged. Should they err in their Judgement, do instruct them so that Justice may prevail, and that none may fear the Law, save those who have wronged it.

Gracht Grabmaw
2016-03-12, 07:54 PM
Any thing about law, order, justice and the like works. Quotes about that work, like : It is better to risk saving a guilty man than to condemn an innocent one. Voltaire. [/I]

That sounds like the exact opposite of how a follower of Týr would act in my experience with Forgotten Realms.
His holy symbol is a massive blunt instrument for a reason.

Ooh, on that note:

Hammer home to any despots' dome
That tales of tyranny end with me
Hue and cry, I can't sit idly by
Where there are hostages to greed, I intercede

BWR
2016-03-13, 01:54 AM
"And lo! did thee great god speak: "Stop using the grammatical suffix as part of my name, dammit! You guys always get that wrong!"'

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who make 'need a hand?' jokes"