PDA

View Full Version : When does a sig go bad?

comicadv
2007-06-19, 02:51 PM
This is the first time I've ever joined a forum and I have a lot of ideas for my sig, but I've noticed that already my sig eats up the page (practically) or mabye it doesn't I don't know but I don't want to cause a problem and since I can't find any thing about it in the rules (and I figure it needs to get out)

When does a sig go bad?

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-19, 03:02 PM
One thing you can do is put most of it in a spoiler text, like this
{spoiler}Offical king of the Spacecats
We control Order of the stick (See Filler in Extras)

Newest and Hottest Paladin Fashion: tan.
Sometimes the code of honor needs a color change.

Join the Paladins With Honor Movement (PWHM) Just post those two lines about Paladins in your sig.

Founder of PWHM because you can't do everything right if your your never a little wrong.

Visit my website! {/spoiler}
Replacing the {} with [].

Offical king of the Spacecats
We control Order of the stick (See Filler in Extras)

Newest and Hottest Paladin Fashion: tan.
Sometimes the code of honor needs a color change.

Join the Paladins With Honor Movement (PWHM) Just post those two lines about Paladins in your sig.

Founder of PWHM because you can't do everything right if your your never a little wrong.

Visit my website!

Don Beegles
2007-06-19, 03:02 PM
I would say that yours is fine. It's just text, so it's not that irritating, and it's really not excessively long, but I guess if you want you could put in a spoiler. Next time you edit it bracket the thing with these tags: [*spoiler] your sig [/spoiler], without the asterisk.

But, like I said, you don't have images or anything funky, so it should be fine. I'd say, if you want a rule of thumb, that my sig is about the longest you can get without being annoying, though I'm biased, and some people would probably say that I should spoiler it. It's really a matter of opinion.

comicadv
2007-06-19, 03:04 PM
Hey thanks I hope others will read this and not have to post the same embarrasing question themselves.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-06-19, 04:18 PM
Ohh, but Zherog is online so he will come along shortly and provide a rant or two about long sigs. :smalltongue:

(He is a really nice and very helpful (old) guy, but do not tell him that I said that. I certainly do not want to be caught praising him;-) )

Zherog
2007-06-19, 04:36 PM
I started typing one, actually. then I figured everybody was tired of reading me rant about sigs being too long and too garish...

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-06-19, 04:46 PM
But Zherog, you are so consistent and reliable
You are our foundation in these unstable times

There is nothing like kicking back with a brewski and some popcorn after a hard day while reading one of your rants on long sigs. :smallwink:

Some features may be temporarily or permanently disabled.

Let's not add your rants to that list. :smalltongue: