PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Character transforming into a Daelkyr

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-10, 06:28 PM
One of the PC's is slowly transforming into a Daelkyr. I won't get into the specifics of why because it's a very complicated situation, but the player is aware of this and fully embraced the idea. I need some ideas on how this can manifest. As of right now the character has grown it's own Tentacle Whip and has a Living Breastplate. What kinds of other abilities can I give them? If it helps think of this as something like a custom Bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm) or even a template.

atemu1234
2016-03-11, 12:46 AM
Well, it would probably be best to start small. What level are they at?

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-11, 09:45 AM
Well, it would probably be best to start small. What level are they at?

They just hit level 14.

Necroticplague
2016-03-11, 10:02 AM
Maybe grant them an ability similar to the Minor Shapechange reserve feat, as he molds his own flesh to optimize his form.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-11, 10:13 AM
She kind of already has that. She's a changeling and I planned on letting her keep her existing racial abilities.

The character in question is a Cleric//swift hunter gestalt, and is miraculously falling behind in power level (somehow). She's an embodiment of Chaos and Evil, and this transformation is very fitting for RP reasons.

ATHATH
2016-03-11, 11:10 AM
Have you tried the Shaper of Form prestige class?

phlidwsn
2016-03-11, 12:10 PM
I'd look at using or borrowing from the Daelky Half-Blood race or the Impure Prince class.

Coidzor
2016-03-12, 03:02 PM
Have her gradually become a human, then over time become a daelkyr half-blood. So basically she gains a (beautiful but slightly off) human base form but can still change her shape and remember her original changeling baseform if she wants to for whatever reason.

After that, I'd look at Impure Prince for ideas about becoming a Daelkyr pre-Epic.

As for time scales, at level 14, maybe a week or two each time, unless you have a significant amount of Downtime to play with.

If you do, she could get the feeling that she's pregnant, when really it's just her body fabricating a symbiot. IIRC they always have a breed leech twin to start with.

As far as abilities, I'd look at the ability to Rebuke and Command Aberrations and Daelkyr-spawn/creations, maybe eventually the ability to Rebuke/Command creatures of Xoriat(or whatever the mad plane of the daelkyr is).