PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms: is Sune an appropriate goddess for the Arcana domain?

Klorox
2016-03-10, 08:21 PM
I want to play my arcana cleric named Mob Barley who's all into "One Love" to be a cleric of hers. I just don't know if it works.

Thanks!

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-03-11, 08:30 AM
I want to play my arcana cleric named Mob Barley who's all into "One Love" to be a cleric of hers. I just don't know if it works.

Thanks!

Since she's also a goddess of skill and trickery on occasion it wouldn't be too discordant, but I'd say Light or Life would fit better, and they're what's listed for her in the appendix. If you're looking for a suitable deity, I'd say Mystra (NG Goddess of Magic), Selune (CG Goddess of the Moon) or Lathander (NG God of Birth and Renewal) might be a better fit.

Edenbeast
2016-03-11, 08:46 AM

Thanks!

You should worship Lliira, the Jointbringer, I mean Joybringer..
In her portfolio she has dance, festivals, happiness and joy.. Things Bob Marley would appreciate. Sorry, Mob Barley.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-11, 08:54 AM
You should worship Lliira, the Jointbringer, I mean Joybringer..
In her portfolio she has dance, festivals, happiness and joy.. Things Bob Marley would appreciate. Sorry, Mob Barley.

I agree that Lliira or Sune fit the theme, but how do you shoehorn the Arcana domain into that? To be honest, the domain doesn't fit the concept at all.

Arcana clerics would belong to deities like Mystra, Oghma, Deneir, Azuth, Corellon Larethian, Savras and Sehanine Moonbow.

JumboWheat01
2016-03-11, 09:15 AM
Arcana clerics would belong to deities like Mystra, Oghma, Deneir, Azuth, Corellon Larethian, Savras and Sehanine Moonbow.

Good list. I'd also like to suggest Dugmaren Brightmantle (closest thing dwarves have to a god of magic, knowledge / arcana for him, maybe,) and Baravar Cloakshadow (gnomish god of illusion, trickery / arcana would be a good fit for him.)

GlenSmash!
2016-03-11, 10:53 AM
In the SCAG Sune is listed with the Life and Light Domains.

The following Deities are listed with the Arcana domain:

Azuth
Deneir
Mystra
Savras
Deep Duerra
Corellon Larethian
Labelas Enoreth
Kiaransalee
Baravar Cloakshadow