PDA

View Full Version : Xenophobic Dwarf Viking RP Advice Request

CAPTIN-CAPSLOCK
2016-03-11, 01:20 AM
I'm in a PFRPG Reign of Winter campaign as an Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 5 xenophobic, arcane-magic-fearing, drunkard Dwarf Fighter (Viking) from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, and my character's arc is going to be a change from Chaotic Good to Lawful Good, giving up drinking, and learning to accept others who aren't martial Humans or Dwarves. Any advice?

NRSASD
2016-03-11, 02:22 AM
Advice for what? Sounds like you have the character concept and arc down. What do you need help on?

CAPTIN-CAPSLOCK
2016-03-11, 02:30 AM
Just if it's a good idea for the campaign. Like, has anyone played through it before? Will this character fit with the campaign?

goto124
2016-03-11, 02:48 AM
What are the other characters in the party?

CAPTIN-CAPSLOCK
2016-03-11, 03:02 AM
What are the other characters in the party?

There's a half-elf magus, an elf oracle, a gnome kineticist, and a half-orc warpriest.

Inevitability
2016-03-11, 08:21 AM
As long as you don't actively work against or refuse to work together with the other players, things should be fine. I'm hoping the CG alignment is an indication of that.

Mastikator
2016-03-11, 08:29 AM
Just if it's a good idea for the campaign. Like, has anyone played through it before? Will this character fit with the campaign?

Don't be rude to the other PCs if unless you know the players wont take offense.

Overdo the dismissal of those he's not accepting of at first so that the other players see what kind of character you're playing. Then when they know what to look for do it subtly.

LibraryOgre
2016-03-12, 01:23 AM
You've got your arc; now consider your catalyst. What is going to start your change from angry drunkard to surly social drinker to sober sobreity?

What I would do is consider how each of your fellow PCs is likely to help you in that journey. You respect martial humans, so that half-orc warpriest would seem a likely inroad... mostly human, martial, he's somewhat like what you already can work with. His friendship with the others will help ease you into it as well. You might see exceptional bravery from someone "weak" (especially if the curse of the oracle makes them "weak" or "disabled"). You might hit a point where drinking causes a serious problem (passing out on guard duty, perhaps?)