PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Let's Build Shrimpman

FocusWolf413
2016-03-11, 01:23 AM
I remembered that mantis shrimps were a thing and thought "what if Parker got punched in the face by a radioactive shrimp instead?"

The result, obviously, is Shrimpman. He's abnormally short, insanely fast, technicolorful, and can put his fist through anything.

How should I build him? I was thinking possibly a monk/warblade to make him punchy and give him access to Stone Dragon Mountain Hammer.

Geddy2112
2016-03-11, 01:38 AM
Also remember that mantis shrimp can see in 16 primary colors as opposed to three. A bonus to spot is in order, and probably low light vision at the minimum.

They are also slightly OCD and would be good at manipulating things with their hands.

Cerefel
2016-03-11, 02:33 AM
Might I suggest Amphibious Diopsid for the race?

(Amphibious is a template from Stormwrack and Diopsid is an insect race in Dragon Compendium)

Edit: This is of course assuming you want to play a literal giant shrimp.

FocusWolf413
2016-03-11, 06:25 PM
Might I suggest Amphibious Diopsid for the race?

(Amphibious is a template from Stormwrack and Diopsid is an insect race in Dragon Compendium)

Edit: This is of course assuming you want to play a literal giant shrimp.

I'll use amphibious, but I'd rather stick to the normal humanoids, like hobgoblins, humans, and halflings.

I'm looking for more help with stuff like feats and classes.

Lord Haart
2016-03-12, 06:10 AM
For some reason i think of those maneuvers that replace your damage with Concentration roll, and minmaxing the heck out of Concentration.

FocusWolf413
2016-03-12, 10:56 AM
For some reason i think of those maneuvers that replace your damage with Concentration roll, and minmaxing the heck out of Concentration.
Ooo, that sounds really good.

daremetoidareyo
2016-03-13, 04:39 PM
It sounds like you need the vermin handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478813-Vermin-Handbook-A-list-of-all-vermin-in-3-5).

Start with entomanthrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a). When danger is near, your hero, SHRIMPMAN, transforms into a monstrosity!

All we need to do is find ourselves the right shrimplike vermin!

Diving spider is a template that you can add to any monstrous spider. Which you can refluff...kinda The webbing makes it weird.

But the brineswimmer, page 196 of sandstorm, is exactly what you want. Look at that sucker! Improved Grab on the bite attack, Rake (Ex): Six legs, attack bonus +5 melee, damage 1d4+1, large size, SNAP Turn, the most awesome charge tool around. Immunity to acid and dehydration! Curse of lycanthropy! turn other people into shrimp! Hybrid form with a +6 to str, +6 dex, +4 con! Heck yes this is a killer on a barbarian chassis.

If you saw shrimpman and immediately thought of a were giant sea-monkey, then you'de understand how awesome shrimpman really is.

That snap turn is fantastic with some ubercharger optimization, and maybe some leap attack battle jump action.

FocusWolf413
2016-03-14, 12:11 AM
It sounds like you need the vermin handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478813-Vermin-Handbook-A-list-of-all-vermin-in-3-5).

Start with entomanthrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a). When danger is near, your hero, SHRIMPMAN, transforms into a monstrosity!

All we need to do is find ourselves the right shrimplike vermin!

Diving spider is a template that you can add to any monstrous spider. Which you can refluff...kinda The webbing makes it weird.

But the brineswimmer, page 196 of sandstorm, is exactly what you want. Look at that sucker! Improved Grab on the bite attack, Rake (Ex): Six legs, attack bonus +5 melee, damage 1d4+1, large size, SNAP Turn, the most awesome charge tool around. Immunity to acid and dehydration! Curse of lycanthropy! turn other people into shrimp! Hybrid form with a +6 to str, +6 dex, +4 con! Heck yes this is a killer on a barbarian chassis.

If you saw shrimpman and immediately thought of a were giant sea-monkey, then you'de understand how awesome shrimpman really is.

That snap turn is fantastic with some ubercharger optimization, and maybe some leap attack battle jump action.

Pop some dungeoncrasher and warblade levels on that and it's just about perfect.

Is it too early to say I love you?