PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Battlefield Randomness - The Most Chaotic Character Build Challenge

Finlam
2016-03-11, 11:23 AM
I was looking at the Sorcerer class the other day, specifically the wild magic sorcerer, and I thought this could make combat very unpredictable, depending on the DM. Random effects, changing of dice rolls, all over the battlefield. However, this seems like only a start to randomness; with a proper choice of items and spells and possibly other classes, I believe we can increase randomness even more.

How would you optimize for randomness? That is to say, how would make the most unpredictable and random character that you could?

This is more of a thought experiment than anything else, as playing a highly random character tends to conflict with the team-oriented and tactical-combat aspects of D&D.

What spells, abilities, items, classes would you pick to maximize your randomness? How would you build out a 20th level character?

HoodedHero007
2016-03-11, 11:27 AM
First: Wand of Wonder, Bag of Beans, Deck of Many Things, Bag of Tricks, and Deck of Illusions
Second: Haywire and teleport