PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.5] The Wizard that didn't overshadow the other {Dire_stirge please don't read this

ImSAMazing
2016-03-11, 02:50 PM
Hi guys,

I need the forums help once again. In our current campaign, our party exists out of: Strongheart Halfling Variant Wildshape Mystic Ranger(I know, he likes variants.), a Whisper Gnome Rogue(I believe going Asassin, not sure) and a Conjuration Wizard. We are all lvl 3. My plan is to make a Kobold(Dragonwrought, race selection is solid because of RP'ing reasons) Wizard, but I definetely don't want to overshadow our Summoner Wizard. He is new to 3.5 and isn't really into optimizing, and his feats are Spell Focus(Conjuration), Augmented Summoning and that feat that makes a 5' square of smoke when you cast a conjuration(summoning) spell. What kind of Wizard could I build that could work in harmony in this group, still has power in and out of combat, but doesn't overshadow the other?

I am starting at lvl 3, 1 flaw, 2 traits and we can't really buy equipment since we have that already.

Race must be a Kobold.

32-points pointbuy.
Thanks in advance for helping me guys.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-11, 02:55 PM
Buffer. I suggest war weaver and giving everybody the good boosts. Maybe consider sorcerer since you'll be focusing on casting the same handful of spells over and over again. Everybody appreciates the guy that makes everyone else more awesome.

Eloel
2016-03-11, 03:06 PM
Either buff, or debuff. If the enemy is debuffed to ground, your summoner will be able to easily dispatch them, and will feel good about himself in the process. Beguiler, (Dread) Necromancer, Warlock and Dragonfire Adept are all good candidates to do that. You COULD be a conjurer and not cast any summoning spells, but that's still stepping on your summoner's toes.

Segev
2016-03-11, 03:55 PM
Yeah, playing the batman/god wizard build will complement a moderately-optimized conjurer wizard nicely. Your buff spells will help his summoned and conjured minions just like they will the rest of the party, and your battlefield control can synergize with his ability to summon things to convenient locations to enable you to not just control the battlefield, but have optimal placement of your own forces to support the front line party members.

A few silent images that you make sure to let your party know the signal for - I would suggest "spreading out from the cloud the conjurer's summons come with" - of a mist-cloud can make for cover that your party can see through (knowing it's an illusion, thus getting +4 to the immediate Will save to disbelieve) and your foes cannot (unless they have reason to suspect that a fog cloud isn't real, and thus get a save).