PDA

View Full Version : Arcana Cleric from SCAG - So PSA,

JBPuffin
2016-03-12, 02:08 AM
but they can get Wish as a domain spell. It's always prepared. Wish is an action, people. Has anyone used this yet, or are True Polymorph and other things being used instead?

Lines
2016-03-12, 02:20 AM
but they can get Wish as a domain spell. It's always prepared. Wish is an action, people. Has anyone used this yet, or are True Polymorph and other things being used instead?

Pretty sure everyone here is aware wish is strong. Plus, being able to get wish and simulacrum lets them join the infinite clones club with the wizards and bards.

Edit: Hey, somebody try and twist the wording so you can get free four wizard spells if you take the arcana domain as a favoured soul.

RickAllison
2016-03-12, 02:24 AM
Pretty sure everyone here is aware wish is strong. Plus, being able to get wish and simulacrum lets them join the infinite clones club with the wizards and bards.

Edit: Hey, somebody try and twist the wording so you can get free four wizard spells if you take the arcana domain as a favoured soul.

Good luck. The text for Favored Soul specifies that you get the domain spells obtained at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Since that ability is obtained at level 17, it wouldn't fly.

Lines
2016-03-12, 02:27 AM
Good luck. The text for Favored Soul specifies that you get the domain spells obtained at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Since that ability is obtained at level 17, it wouldn't fly.

I can't see a way of making it work either, that's why I asked others hoping there'd be something I missed.

JackOfAllBuilds
2016-03-12, 02:42 AM
True that it is a class feature, and domain capstone. But the favored soul is only UA playtest material, so you could always edit it a bit.

There is one curious bit of wording for the arcana domain though...

ARCANE MASTERY
At 17th level, you choose four spells from the wizard spell list, one from each of the following levels: 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th. You add them to your list of domain spells. Like your other domain spells, they are always prepared and count as cleric spells for you.

Besides, sorcerer gets some of the strong wizard list spells at their 9th level spells, except for shapechange or true polymorph. But if you really wanted them to your domain, just replace Power of the Chosen at 18th level with the 17th level Arcane Mastery

Lines
2016-03-12, 02:48 AM
True that it is a class feature, and domain capstone. But the favored soul is only UA playtest material, so you could always edit it a bit.

There is one curious bit of wording for the arcana domain though...

Besides, sorcerer gets some of the strong wizard list spells at their 9th level spells, except for shapechange or true polymorph. But if you really wanted them to your domain, just replace Power of the Chosen at 18th level with the 17th level Arcane Mastery

My only annoyance is lack of foresight on the sorcerer list, it's the only thing keeping sorclock from attaining godhood.