PDA

View Full Version : DM Help dragon magazine dungeon magazine ares magazine

techpriest35
2016-03-12, 05:33 AM
Hey all, how are you guys this day?
I'm looking for a place online that sells or has legal access to every issue of Dragon magazine,Dungeon magazine, Ares magazine in PDF form. I want to access every issue of the actual magazines and the online only issues, including when TSR inc owned D&D. I also want every issue of Ares when simulations publishing owned it.
I have checked the website of wizard of the coast. They either did not have every issue or they were not availible for down load or in pdf form. most places only have a few issues of either dragon or dungeon. any help you guys can give me would be very well appreciated. the main things im looking for from Ares magazine is anything about stats for characters from the marvel universe and or dc universe. also info about the weapons armor and other gear of marvel and dc characters. i would also like any info on the different technologies some group had in their buildings and vehicles.
for dungeon and dragon magazines im interested in anything related to the dragonlance campaing setting forgotten realms eberon classic d&d setting just looking for new ideas and things keep referencing dragon magazine or dungeon magazine
wikipedia says that there was 359 printed issues and that the web issues continued to 430 for dragon magazine. there is a total of 221 issues of dungeon magazine and there were around 20-25 issues of ares

techpriest35
2016-04-11, 02:34 AM
so it seems no one has an idea of where i can find said gaming magazines in pdf form. i just want a reputable place that sells these items that way i can pay for them and know they wont just steal money from me

JustIgnoreMe
2016-04-11, 03:55 AM
I'd be willing to bet there is NO legal way to get these. They weren't inititally published in pdf form (because the magazines predate the internet).

A long time ago, either TSR or Wizards (I forget which) put out a CD-ROM (remember those?) with high-quality scans of the first 250 issues of Dragon, with a lovely searchable index.

They then pulled it from sale. Rumour has it that their lawyers realised that they didn't have the rights to reprint the short stories, art and cartoons in electronic form, and tracking down 20+ years of contributors was impossible.

Tl;dr: no-one will legitimately sell you these pdfs. Your best bet would be to buy the individual print issues.

LibraryOgre
2016-04-13, 11:07 AM
You might also be able to find a copy of the CD for sale on the secondary market, though the prices I've seen are really high.

Try searching around, though. There may be cheaper options.