PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Righteous: IC

Pages : [1] 2

cecil1994
2016-03-12, 10:14 PM
Wrath of the Righteous
OOC Page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?481383-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-OOC&p=20533615#post20533615)

Through one way or another, the call of Kenabres has lured all five of you to its doorstep. Whether you are burgeoning crusaders, scholars of the Great Beyond, or mere tourists, inexplicable forces have summoned you to this place. A lesser man would deem it coincidence. The wisened sages, however, would call it destiny.

The city, though, knows not of this. It is enraptured in the echoing throes of a sound foreign to its hallowed streets- laughter. It is Armasse! This sanctified holiday provides a much-needed respite for the war-torn Kenabresians, with dance and song and cheerful mock battle filling their crowded streets.

The majority of the festival, however, happens in one cheerful place- Clydewell Plaza. And here is where we begin, with you intrepid heroes woven into a sea of smiling faces in the shadow of the great cathedral.

Introduce yourselves! You haven't met yet, but this as good a time as any to discover more about your soon-to-be allies.

The festival awaits!

Ionbound
2016-03-12, 10:31 PM
Anna sulks in the crowd looking rather unjoyful for such a joyous event. She carries a bow that, after her abduction, has never left her side, and wonders silently to herself, How can people be so happy? Don't they know what lies just beyond the walls? Our time would be better spent training or pushing the demons back, rather than pointless celebration. There will be time enough to celebrate once we are victorious. Or, she adds, rather darkly to herself, Perhaps there won't be. In any event, though...This simply doesn't matter. I'd rather be watching my arrow in flight to a demon's cranium than wasting my time here, even with all the risk that implies.

digiman619
2016-03-12, 11:01 PM
Harold tried to be polite, but he found the festivities a tad bit overblown. I just wanted to pray at the Cathedral. I didn't realize I came to town in the middle of a holiday. Not that he had a thing against festivals; he just didn't have the time for it now. Besides, he thought,I haven't really been to one since Father died. I don't know if I can be myself again

Zhentarim
2016-03-12, 11:55 PM
Lauren normally loved Armasse. Her adoptivd father, before he was slain, would disguise her as a human baby and take her to all the restaurants around. She began to become quite saddened when she thought about how this would be the first year without her father. It was then that an inner dialog began between her and her father's phantom, which, through his sheer love for his only daughter, escaped the river of souls and made it all the way back to the material plane:

Lauren, don't be upset. I may not be here in the flesh, but my spirit shall guide you as long as it can. I am so proud of you for joining the crusades.

Daddy, I will not disappoint you. I'm so glad to continue your life's work. I will make a better name for goblins everywhere. I know I'm not the only one who turned to the light. My tummy is rumbling. I need to find that place where you took me to eat and they served us despite seeing through my disguise. Where was it, again?

I don't remember. Death takes its toll on the mind, and only my most valued memories emerged unscathed. If you need any help talking to anybody, do that trick I taught you. You have a good heart and mind, but you were always so shy!

With that, Lauren, to the best of her ability, tried to find a restuarant where she could eat something filling before her first mission. A lot of people, despite her best efforts to be a good person, disliked her just because of her race. This mission would change everything. She knew she would return to Kenebres victorious and make a mighty blow against racism against goblinkind. The weight of tradition causing people to dislike others and unnecessarily limit their freedom simply because of their race boiled Lauren's blood almost as much as stories of demons who enslave entire villages just because they are strong and the villages are weak. As Lauren continued searching for food, she considered buying a little extra food in case she encountered a beggar. She believed everybody ought to have the right to individuality and freedom so long as nobody else was harmed in the exercise of that individuality and freedom. She also believed that to spread that freedom to everybody, she had to lift people up who were down on their luck, as one can only be free if they are equal. If all went well finding food, she would join one of the many archery competitions that are held every year on Armasse. She liked those a lot.

Woodsman
2016-03-13, 12:26 AM
Kaltan wove his way through the crowd, smiling and politely excusing himself as he passed by. His katana hung at his side, his shield on his back. While he wasn't expecting trouble, he felt naked without his armaments on him. Additionally, he hopes that Alistair might be among those present, and that the older paladin might recognize his chest painted on Kaltan's shield.

Regardless of whether or not he found Alistair, he was determined to have a good time. Relaxation was rarely a luxury he could take, but with the entire city in festival mode, he thinks that he can afford to let himself have at least a little bit of fun.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 12:38 AM
The cheery atmosphere of the festival envelopes you, coating you in a happiness so contagious that even the staunchest dwarf couldn't feel his lips twitch. For the first time in a long while, people are truly happy. Their giggling laugher and blissful song forms a melody of joy no bard could contest.

Until, that is, it vanishes. That rapturous peal, replaced with the throbbing spasms of a crippling migraine. The warm light of a summer day, turned into a dense blackness so thick it's almost suffocating. Your ears ring. Blood drips down your cheek. And all around you come the sounds of pain, and the grinding echoes of crumbling rock.

As you come to your senses, the choking scent of dust consumes you. In a stark contrast to the packed and bustling streets of the festival, you feel alone.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 02:53 AM
Flavius had been watching the celebrations from a hidden spot, eager to see if any stories worth recording were happening in the festival, or if any songs sung were worthy of being written down-and then it happened.
As soon as the aasimar recovered his senses, he felt somewhat relieved that his Travelogue and writing tools were clutched tightly into his hands, almost reflexively. However, he was most intrigued about what had just happened. A demon attack?, he wondered

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 03:06 AM
Undeterred by the dark, Lauren's goblin eyes quickly adjusted to the underground. She looked around hoping to see somebody. She even sang out an eerie song with a grating voice like a mewing cat, hoping it created some response:

"The demons passed the wardstone/Now this goblin's all alone!/Someone scream, Someone shout,/I'll be sure to help you out!"

digiman619
2016-03-13, 03:24 AM
As his eyes adjusted, Harold mind began racing. A demon attack? Here? I thought the wardstone made this place safe?!?! No. Balance. Face the problem. He began searching for any sign of the problem, or barring that, survivors in need of help.

Making a perception check to find survivors/other players [roll0]

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 07:55 AM
Anna clutches her head, pain mixed with guilt over not enjoying things when she had the chance. When she comes to, she looks around, then rubs her cheek and stares at the blood on her fingertip for a moment before unshouldering her bow and nocking an arrow, drawing back ever-so-slightly as she takes a deep breath, focusing, stalking through the streets as she keeps her eyes peeled for any survivors...Or worse, demons that had passed into the city.

Become Psionically Focused

Perception Check: [roll0]

Woodsman
2016-03-13, 09:32 AM
Kaltan jolts up, his hand swiftly moving to ensure his sword was still at his side. Upon confirming that it is, he relaxes ever so slightly. He double checks to make sure that his shield is still present, along with ensuring his armor isn't damaged. With that settled, he stretches, finding himself miraculously without injury. This, of course, meant that his mind could turn to other questions, such as "Where the Hell am I?"

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 09:39 AM
As you spring into action, the memories come racing back. Memories of chaos. Intense heat. A callous darkness. But most of all, you remember the screams.

Armasse officially began at noon, heralded by the words of Lord Hulrun himself. The elderly inquisitor, still dressed in the sanctified, opulent armor of war, is the unbreakable ruler of Kenabres. Or at least, he was.

A scathing light ripped through the streets, coating the latest landscape in the shadows of men like a second sun. Hulrun's eyes widened, and so did yours. Prelate and crusader alike reached for their weapons. But, there was no time for heroics- a moment later, the sounds of destruction rained through the air. So, unfortunately, did masonry.

To the west, the armored fortress at the center of the city- the guardian of Kenabres' wardstone- had vanished. Where it had once stood was fire and lightning, with black smoke snaking up into the darkening clouds.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 09:57 AM
A roar echoed through the streets. Terendelev, fiercest guardian of Kenabres and a storied silver wyrm in her own right, emerged from the pitiful form of a human like a butterfly leaving a cocoon.

That is, if the butterfly was hundred of feet long and coated with enough scales to armor a city.

The ancient drake, somber eyes scanning the streets for offending demons, found a foe soon enough. A nightmarish form, coated in blue fire and crackling lightning, stood five times as tall as any man. His mouth twisted into a terrible grin. Khorramshahr, the Storm King, that returned- and this time the balor would not be so easily deterred.

As the two giants clashed in the skies above, demons of all shapes and sizes poured into the streets to meet their dinners. The arrows of Lauren and Anna buried into the chests of a few, and the hacking blades and calloused fists of Kaltan, Flavius, and Harold (respectively) struck true. But it would not be enough. For every demon destroyed, ten took its place. And steaming dragon blood dripped from the heavens, as the balor lord's corrupt blade cut deep into its adversary.

The wounded drake, eyes turning milky with the encroaching march of death, crashed into the Cathedral with enough force to level a city block. The cathedral, symbol of the crusade for generations, was leveled. And as it was, a horrific demon emerged at the far end of the plaza. Its knarled claws smashed into the tiled ground, tearing a rift across the plaza any gorge- it opened between your feet, sending you spiraling into the void. But even as the silver wyrm laid in the rubble of the church- even as the Khorramshahr raised its terrible blade above its head for one last blow- the drake's eyes alighted on you, as filled with compassion as on any other day. A few words alighted from her war-torn neck, and a bloodied talon reached out in an arcane gesture. Her magic enveloped you, allaying your terrifying plummet with the gentleness of a downy bed. As you drifted into the darkness, the last thing you saw was the balor's sword flashing down. And Terendelev, greatest guardian of Kenabres, fell. She did not rise again.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 10:03 AM
And now, you find yourself deep in that chasm. Terendelev's final magic has saved you from injury- but not discomfort, as you find yourself brushing off pounds of dust and cracked masonry from above. Those with darkvision- all but the humans, then- can make out this area as their minds clear. It is a wide cavern, filled with falling rubble and the pained bodies of everyone else. There are three other figures in the dust, however: a middle aged woman, nursing a leg bent at an unnatural angle. A scholar, feeling the void where his eyes used to be... and screaming. And a pompous aristocrat, seemingly uninjured but somehow making more of a fuss than anyone else. No one is dead, however. Thank the stars for that.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 10:32 AM
Looking at the armored man, Flavius answered: "Well, it's most certainly not Hell. Father said that Hell was filled with fire and brimstone, and it doesn't fill particularly hot in here." The aasimar, then, looking in the direction of the pompous man, said: "Now, it seems like we got five able-bodied people, two injured ones, and a whiny aristocrat. Someone mind giving a lit torch to the latter so he makes himself somehow useful? But first..." Flavius then drew out a stone from his bag, and saying in Infernal "Shine bright." activated his Ioun Torch, the item's powerful light making vision clear in a 20 feet radius around him.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 10:59 AM
The woman raises a hand to stave off the blinding light, waits for her eyes to adjust, then takes a cautious look around. Her eyes, the jaded ones of an experienced professional, dart around the room with quick precision. Her gaze alights on all of you.
"I wouldn't suppose any of you have the materials for a splint? I'm afraid this thing is useless."

She gestures to her mangled leg. The scholar, hoarse from his echoing screams, tilts his head up. His posture straightens. "Don't know how much it will help, but it's all I've got." He reaches, pawing at his midriff until his finds his belt, and then throws it in the general direction of the woman's voice. He begins tearing up his sleeves and wrapping them around his eyes. "One of you meaty warrior-types will need to be my eyes. Yes, I know you're there- you breathe like asthmatic cows. And Sir Tea-and-Crumpets over there isn't going to be of much use." He snorts in the vague direction of the nobleman, and receives a sneer in return.

EDIT: not that color 😂😂

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 11:18 AM
Anna groans as she wakes up in pain, but after a brief check to make sure all her bits are in place, fumbles for her flint and steel and a torch. After another moment of figuring out where everything is, the torch is lit and Anna raises it, looking around the cavern. She looks over towards the other survivors and asks, "Is everyone alright? I have more torches if anyone wants them."

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 11:31 AM
The cavern, now lit up with the twin glows of torchlight and magic, is thrown into view. It's not much- just a circular some, with one wall littered in fallen stone and the occasional (you wince as you notice this) crushed body. It seems not everyone survived the fall.

On the other side, a tunnel spirals off into the beckoning darkness. A few dozen feet away from this mouth is a ledge, scrambling up out of view- it would be a tricky climb, but there's something glinting at the top.

As Anna offers the torches, the woman reaches out to take one. "I could use one. Names Anevia, honorary member of the Eagle Watch." She winces as she reaches forward, as her leg twitches in what must be an uncomfortable manner. She grits her teeth.

digiman619
2016-03-13, 11:36 AM
I can help, but I don't have anything to splint it with. Wait, Harold pauses as he hears the woman with torches.I think we could use a couple of torches to use as a splint.

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 12:51 PM
Anna nods to the woman and hands her the already lit one, lighting another one for herself. Then she looks over to the man that offered to help and hands him a pair, saying, "Do what you can."

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 01:02 PM
Running and jumping over debris, Lauren headed in the direction of the blinded scholar. Barely tall enough to reach his hand, Lauren grasp his wrist gently and told him in a froggy not-so-pretty voice:

"Hi, I'm Lauren. I'm sorry about your eyes. I'm a skilled archer, and it would be an honor to guide a scholar such as yourself. I am an avid reader, and though your book on the worldwound is not one I took with me, I read it once in my father's study. You are a brilliant man."

Meanwhile, Lauren manifested her father's phantom to help with the rock. Choosing between incorporeal and ectoplasmic, she decided forming a link with an ectoplasmic body would better allow her father's ghost to help the lady under the rock. With that, an ectoplasmic human man with a glowing pink aura and angel wings manifested near the woman under the rock. It spoke in the most clear, sultry voice most people have ever heard in their life.

I am here to help. Do not be alarmed!

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 01:20 PM
Anevia's eyes widen, but she does not shrink away. She stays silent.

The noble, on the other hand, shrieks and draws a dagger from somewhere in his foppish attire.

"You're working with THEM!" His eyes flicker to the ceiling, and the demons above. His gaze frantically polls the group, seeking backing for what he thinks is a righteous deed.

His voice echoes out, shrill enough to break glass. "Come! Let us kill this barbaric cultist, and be free of the demons among us!"

digiman619
2016-03-13, 01:28 PM
Harold grabs his wrist.Hey. At she has been helping. What have you been doing but whining?!
[roll0]

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 01:49 PM
Anna sighs and says, "Come now. Calm down. We're all here because Terendelev, in her dying act, saved us. Do you really wish to dishonor her sacrifice with in-fighting? Or do you want to help us find our way back to the surface and figure out how to fix this mess?"

With that, she promptly ignores the noble and strolls over to the ledge, producing some rope with a grappling hook attached to it and whirls it over her head, attempting to throw the hook in such a way that it catches on the ledge to allow an easier path upwards.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 01:49 PM
You pin the fop. He glares at you, but drops his blade.

"Fine. I'll help the people I know don't consort with the Abyss."

He grabs some timber from a crushed food cart, and kicks it to Anevia. She looks grateful, if a little strained.

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 02:17 PM
Attempting to build rapport, The kindly phantom bent down to the trapped lady and said:

The boulder shall be off of you soon enough.

[roll0]

Meanwhile, Lauren spoke to Arivishnal, trying her best to follow the social conventions her parents taught her. She didn't always do well, as she was used to performing more random acts of kindness instead of talking with those she helped:

"Mr. Arivishnal, what can I do to make you more comfortable? I really am a fan of your work."

[roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 02:26 PM
Anevia seems soothed, if not entirely at ease. She relaxes, and lets the dagger she'd drawn from her boot slide back into its sheathe.

As for the scholar:

"Nice to know that my work is still appreciated. But, the best thing you could do for me is lead us out of here- I need to check on some things aboveground. "

He slowly takes to his feet, using Lauren as a crutch. "Well, lead the way."

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 02:52 PM
Anna's rope finds a hold, and she quickly scrambles up it into the crevice.

As she gets closer, it's apparent that the glinting item in question was a metal clasp- in this case, one binding a full masterwork backpack. A good haul.

But, out of the corner of her eye, she spots something... a man-sized crustacean, lurking in the surrounding rocks above you in wait for prey. It seems surprised to be noticed. In fact, you're surprised you noticed it too- its camouflage is perfectly suited to this jagged environment. Its claws clack open.

Roll initiative!
Only one person can fit in the crevice. Just a PSA.

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 03:00 PM
Anna grabs the backpack and tosses it to the ground, then springs off the wall, trying to get away from the crustacean, not really wanting to get in a fight with it.

Initiative: [roll0]

Acrobatics to fall to the ground safely: [roll1]

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 03:04 PM
Flavius looked at the nobleman, and snidely snarked: "You misunderstand. We are the ones helping you, not the other way around.", before recovering his stance as he moved away from the rubble.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 03:06 PM
Anna leaps from the crevice, landing in a textbook roll. The bag spills out by her side. Another thing shoots out of the crack- a thin, sticky filament aimed right at Anna. She ducks out of the way, and the strand attaches to the rock right where her head was.

Woodsman
2016-03-13, 03:12 PM
Kaltan sighs, quickly checking to ensure that none present are Evil. "On my honor as a paladin of Iomedae, none here are consorting with demons," he tells the nobleman calmly. Even if this man was being rather brash, Kaltan had to show respect. "I am Kaltan Aldurius, at your services," he says to the group.

Hearing the commotion from Anna, he turns to face it, hand moving to his sword as he enters a battle stance.

digiman619
2016-03-13, 03:15 PM
Harold's eyes snapped up as he caught the movement in the corner of his eye. Look out! he said, as he prepared for battleI roll for initiative. I'll spend a move action to empower my fists.[roll0]

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 03:19 PM
Anna frowns and grumbles, "Aw, really?" She then sighs and says, "I didn't want to do this," as she draws back an arrow and fires at the crack where the web originated from.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Deadly Aim: -2/+2
Add +1/+1 if the monster is <30 ft. away

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 03:24 PM
Flavius
Anna
Harold
Anevia
Aravashnial
Cave Fisher
Kaltan
Noble (you don't know his name yet)

Anna's arrow flies true. The crustacean emits a piercing shriek in rage and pain, and begins to climb out of its lair.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 03:43 PM
Noticing the commotion, Flavius started moving towards the direction of the enemy, an ethereal blade appearing as he stretched his hand to grasp it.

Move in the direction of the crustacean, swift to use the Call the Soul's Blade maneuver to create a masterwork rapier (3 rounds duration) on hand, and ready a standard to attack the enemy with it should it get into Flavius's melee range.
Initiative check
[roll0]

digiman619
2016-03-13, 04:06 PM
Gathering up his ki, Harold throws a ball of blue energy at the crustacean Spends a move action to charge his empowered strikes, takes a 5 foot step towards it and PK Discharge at it. [roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 04:11 PM
Your hand-laser hits, granting you the title of Mega Man.

Roll damage.

digiman619
2016-03-13, 04:19 PM
C'mon, that's clearly a Hadoken:smallwink: [roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 04:27 PM
The phaser blast (sorry, hadoken:smallyuk:) puts a small dent in the Fisher's carapace, but nothing more. If the Fisher had feathers, they'd be ruffled.

Anevia nocks and fires an arrow. It lands, but the Fisher doesn't seem to mind. Aravashnial, once a potent mage, has been crippled by the loss of his sight. His head tilts side to side, but he cannot seem to pinpoint his foe.

The Cave Fisher, enraged by the constant barrage of missiles, scuttles out of the cave and raises monstrous claws to strike. Flavius' blade darts toward it in a readied attack.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 04:40 PM
Flavius struck at the enemy with a precise strike!

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Woodsman
2016-03-13, 04:57 PM
Kaltan steps forward and strikes at the creature with his katana, letting out a short, sharp yell as he does so.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 05:01 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Lauren pivots, momentarily releasing Arivishnal's hand. She loads her light crossbow, takes a deep breath, and fires upon the crab.

[roll1] To hit
(Add an additional +1 if the crab is closer than 30 feet, and if it is a demon crab, add an additional +2.)

[roll2]
(Same potential bonuses as before)

Meanwhile, the Phantom does a Strength Check to remove the rock from the trapped woman.

[roll3]

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 05:17 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Lauren pivots, momentarily releasing Arivishnal's hand. She loads her light crossbow, takes a deep breath, and fires upon the crab.

[roll1] To hit
(Add an additional +1 if the crab is closer than 30 feet, and if it is a demon crab, add an additional +2.)

[roll2]
(Same potential bonuses as before)

Meanwhile, the Phantom does a Strength Check to remove the rock from the trapped woman.

[roll3]

The crossbow bolt buries into the crab's carapace, and it shudders. It's not down yet.

As for the Phantom, he manages to pull off the rocks- they're not very firmly embedded. Unfortunately, it becomes quickly apparent that Terendelev's Feather Fall did not save this one. The fall, not the rocks, was what killed her.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 05:22 PM
((OoC: Suggestion, perhaps we should do group initiative for next battle? It gets messy like this))
The enemy still alive, Flavius stepped into a position from which he and the paladin would be flanking the creature, and lashed with a disrupting blow at the enemy!

Move into a flanking position with Kaltan, and use the Disturbing Blow strike. On hit, the target takes -4 to its next d20 roll
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 05:24 PM
Kaltan steps forward and strikes at the creature with his katana, letting out a short, sharp yell as he does so.

Kaltan's katana is deflected by the Fisher's sturdy shell. It lets out a guttural scream and grabs for Kaltan and Horace... and totally misses.

In the commotion, the noble slinks away. He deftly pockets a few silvered shards from the pile of rubble.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 05:26 PM
Flavius' blade buried deep into the crab. It shudders one last time, and dies.

Yeah, we should do group initiative. This is confusing me too.

Woodsman
2016-03-13, 07:08 PM
Kaltan nods to Flavius. "Well fought," he says as he sheathes his weapon. He turns to face the nobleman in order to find out his name, but realizes that the man has left. "Damn it, where did he go? We can't just leave him alone down here!"

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 07:23 PM
Kaltan nods to Flavius. "Well fought," he says as he sheathes his weapon. He turns to face the nobleman in order to find out his name, but realizes that the man has left. "Damn it, where did he go? We can't just leave him alone down here!"

The noble emerges from behind some rubble. "Just taking cover, that's all. Wanted to stay safe- I'm not a warrior like the rest of you."

He seems innocent enough. But you can clearly see that behind his back he's placing strange, glowing silver objects into what looks like a money purse.

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 07:44 PM
The noble emerges from behind some rubble. "Just taking cover, that's all. Wanted to stay safe- I'm not a warrior like the rest of you."

He seems innocent enough. But you can clearly see that behind his back he's placing strange, glowing silver objects into what looks like a money purse.

Jumping with joy at the sight of something shiny, the goblin girl jumped and skipped across the way towards the noble. Lauren, from the time she was young, loved shiny things. Again, with the voice of a dying cat, Lauren spoke.

"What's those shiny peices your putting in your purse-thing, Mr. Man? I wanna see! Everybody come look at this shiny things this man found! Wooooo!"

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 07:50 PM
A little uncomfortable at being called out, the aristocrat's face blanches... but he pulls out the items nonetheless. Resting in his palm are 5 dragon scales, each pulsing with a solemn sort of magic.

"I didn't mean any harm, you know. I just wanted to bring them to the crusaders above. They need every bit of help they can get."

Surprisingly enough, he seems earnest about this.

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 08:02 PM
Anna looks at the dragon scales and says, "Hmm. If there are any crusaders left above. We might be all that's left. In any event...We lost a powerful force for good today. I would like to hold one, if you don't mind? Just...In memoriam. To keep her memory close to me."

Tuvarkz
2016-03-13, 08:04 PM
After returning the aknowledgement to the paladin, Flavius commented: "Well, I guess they can be of use to the crusaders if and when we get to contact them, but they can also be useful to us in this moment." as he approached and grabbed the five scales, passing one to Kaltan, Horace, Anna and Lauren each, keeping the last one to himself. "I wonder what they do..."

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 08:09 PM
Anna looks at the dragon scales and says, "Hmm. If there are any crusaders left above. We might be all that's left. In any event...We lost a powerful force for good today. I would like to hold one, if you don't mind? Just...In memoriam. To keep her memory close to me."

The noble hesitates... and hands one off to you.

As soon as the metallic shard touches your palm, it sends emotions pulsing through you- sadness, and a fierce determination. You intrinsically know what it's capable of- it can wrap you in the shroud of deception, allow you safe passage into the camps of the enemy. It, in its own way, is an artifact.

Disguise: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast alter self. While disguised, the target gains a +4 bonus on all Bluff checks made against evil creatures.

digiman619
2016-03-13, 08:12 PM
Harold inspects the scale, feeling its weight. We still need to fix her leg and get to safety. I have the feeling things are going to get worse before they get better.

Ionbound
2016-03-13, 08:15 PM
Anna smiles sadly as she feels the energy of the scale and says, "They're a disguise. Helps us get past the bad guys. Useful."

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 08:15 PM
The aristocrat seems a little affronted by this direct challenge to his authority. Nonetheless, he recognizes your intentions as good (or at least neutral :smallbiggrin:) and hands them to you.

One shard speaks of revenge, of destroying the demons so that they plague no innocent life again. Sacred Weaponry: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast align weapon, but only to make a weapon lawful or good. Unlike a normal align weapon spell, this effect can be cast on an unarmed strike or natural weapon.

The second and the third emanate defensiveness, a strong passion for protecting those that would fall before the Abyss.
Resistance: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast resist energy-but only against electricity or cold.

The final one speaks not of demons or of suffering, but of freedom. It whispers memories of joyful time spent above the clouds.
Cloudwalking: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast levitate. A pillar of roiling clouds rises below the levitating object or creature, growing and shrinking with the target's altitude. This pillar is 5 feet in diameter (regardless of the target's size) and provides concealment (20% miss chance) to any creature or object wholly contained within.

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 08:18 PM
Harold inspects the scale, feeling its weight. We still need to fix her leg and get to safety. I have the feeling things are going to get worse before they get better.

At this, Anevia nods. "If someone will help me make a splint, I think I could walk on my own. We need to return to the city as soon as possible."

Her hand tightens around an ornate locket.

Woodsman
2016-03-13, 10:01 PM
Kaltan sighs in relief that the nobleman was safe and hadn't run off. He looks around at this little band of survivors, frowning. He prays silently that this is not all that is left of Kenabres. Even so, making it to the surface is his top priority. "I agree. The sooner we arrive at the surface, the faster we can organize a defense of the city. Or an evacuation, more likely. In any case, we should tend to any injuries there are and then get moving."

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 10:41 PM
Taking the scale that provided cloudwalking, Lauren asked her grouo a pointed question in a grating voice, though it was the most pleasant voice she could muster

Hey y'all, couldn't we go back up the way we came? I am not sure if this just affects me or if it will effect a group, but one or more of us could scout the surface with this thing. At worst, only one of us could ascend, but then least one of us could loot some shops for supplies and come back down here. At best, we could all join hands and clamber to the surface to find help.

At this point, Lauren's Phantom Father intervened:

"My daughter has a point. As a late demonologist, I say there are more dangers down here than up there.

[roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 10:48 PM
Aravashnial frowns.

"A good idea, small one. And one worthy of testing. I do have my doubts, however- I am not sure that scale could support all eight of us. It may be a powerful artifact, but the pillar it creates is still only five feet wide."

He tilts his head towards the ceiling.
"And do correct me if I'm wrong, dear child, but I cannot feel the light of the sun on my skin. It is still afternoon, I think- I am fairly sure something up there is blocking the path."

cecil1994
2016-03-13, 10:55 PM
Kaltan sighs in relief that the nobleman was safe and hadn't run off. He looks around at this little band of survivors, frowning. He prays silently that this is not all that is left of Kenabres. Even so, making it to the surface is his top priority. "I agree. The sooner we arrive at the surface, the faster we can organize a defense of the city. Or an evacuation, more likely. In any case, we should tend to any injuries there are and then get moving."

The noble nods. "We must return at once. Not only do I wish to check up on the city, but I need to return to my estate itself- I must see if my people (and my property, of course) has survived."

He gazes upon Anevia with a degree of age-old suspicion, but a fair amount of newfound sympathy. "And someone should help bind her leg."

He lets out a rare smile. "I'm Horgus, by the way. Of the family Gwerm. I'm sure we'd compensate you very well if you helped me escape to the surface- so lead the way.

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 11:42 PM
The noble nods. "We must return at once. Not only do I wish to check up on the city, but I need to return to my estate itself- I must see if my people (and my property, of course) has survived."

He gazes upon Anevia with a degree of age-old suspicion, but a fair amount of newfound sympathy. "And someone should help bind her leg."

He lets out a rare smile. "I'm Horgus, by the way. Of the family Gwerm. I'm sure we'd compensate you very well if you helped me escape to the surface- so lead the way.

"I can see what I can do. I am pretty handy at healing.

[roll0]

Tuvarkz
2016-03-14, 02:00 AM
"I guess that if the direct way is blocked, we'll have to explore the cave." commented Flavius. "I'll explore ahead while you finish the splint." as he started carefully moving towards the cave chamber's exit.

Move towards the exit from the cave chamber group is in, stealthing forward.
Stealth check
[roll0]
Perception check
[roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 07:38 AM
"I can see what I can do. I am pretty handy at healing.

[roll0]

You bandage her up. She tries it her leg, winces, but walks.

She's not ok, but it'll do.

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 08:34 AM
Anna briefly investigates the backpack she had tossed to the ground, checking it for anything useful, then climbs back up the rope into the crevice she was investigating earlier, hoping that there might be a way out of the cavern through the way that she had already investigated.

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 08:57 AM
"I guess that if the direct way is blocked, we'll have to explore the cave." commented Flavius. "I'll explore ahead while you finish the splint." as he started carefully moving towards the cave chamber's exit.

Move towards the exit from the cave chamber group is in, stealthing forward.
Stealth check
[roll0]
Perception check
[roll1]

You reach the mouth of the tunnel. It's dark, and the tunnel quickly bends beyond sight- but you hear the distinctive sounds of growling and teeth tearing at flesh.

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 09:05 AM
Anna briefly investigates the backpack she had tossed to the ground, checking it for anything useful, then climbs back up the rope into the crevice she was investigating earlier, hoping that there might be a way out of the cavern through the way that she had already investigated.

The bag is weathered and old, coated in the dust of decades past. An aged symbol of Iomedae marks its exterior.

It contains 10 days of trail rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, a potion of cure light wounds, and a potion of lesser restoration.

It has kept surprisingly well.

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 09:33 AM
Anna smiles as she slides the arrows into her quiver and place the potions, rations, caltrops, and oil in her pack, slotting the flint and steel in her belt pouch as she whispers, "Thank you, Iomedae. Please keep watch over us all...We need your strength." then clambers up into the crevice to inspect it further.

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 10:37 AM
Anna smiles as she slides the arrows into her quiver and place the potions, rations, caltrops, and oil in her pack, slotting the flint and steel in her belt pouch as she whispers, "Thank you, Iomedae. Please keep watch over us all...We need your strength." then clambers up into the crevice to inspect it further.

The crevice is cramped and uncomfortable, more reminiscent of a really jagged broom cupboard than any true tunnel. But, you can tell that it opens up into another cavern just a little farther up.

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 10:53 AM
Anna smiles as she sees the passage, and calls down to the group, "I can see another cave through here! I'm going to check it out!" then slides through the crevice to get to the other, larger cavern.

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 12:14 PM
Anna smiles as she sees the passage, and calls down to the group, "I can see another cave through here! I'm going to check it out!" then slides through the crevice to get to the other, larger cavern.

You emerge in a ovalular cavern, shrouded in rubble and falling dust. To your left, there's a dilapidated campsite in front of a tunnel entrance- in the camp, a citizen from above has fallen. Their corpse is being chewed upon by mangy, feral doggos whose matted fur is a sickening green.

To your right, the tunnel carries on.

Zhentarim
2016-03-14, 12:52 PM
"What do you see up there?"

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 01:46 PM
Anna looks back to the cavern she came from and says, "Some...Green, dog-things, eating a dead body. I'm going to keep going, this extends a good ways. Someone grab my hook if you guys come this way." then sallies forth into the next section of the cave.

digiman619
2016-03-14, 02:08 PM
I'll get it.

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 03:02 PM
Anna looks back to the cavern she came from and says, "Some...Green, dog-things, eating a dead body. I'm going to keep going, this extends a good ways. Someone grab my hook if you guys come this way." then sallies forth into the next section of the cave.

You traverse the rocky floor, heading to the tunnel entrance... and hear a hissing.

There's a very pissed snake lurking under the rocks. It gives you a wary look, and bares its fangs.

Zhentarim
2016-03-14, 03:05 PM
Clambering up the rope, Lauren follows Anna.

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 03:58 PM
Anna curses as she hears the snake hiss, and her hand shoots to her dagger, but she says, "Hey...Look, nobody's going to hurt you, friend. You go your way and I'll go mine. No problems."

Handle Animals to Diplomacize the snake: [roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 04:16 PM
Anna curses as she hears the snake hiss, and her hand shoots to her dagger, but she says, "Hey...Look, nobody's going to hurt you, friend. You go your way and I'll go mine. No problems."

Handle Animals to Diplomacize the snake: [roll0]

The viper, unfortunately, is not in a good mood. You spot a shard of fallen masonry embedded in its side- and that has not done wonders for its temperament.

It lunges.

Party Init: [roll0]
Viper Init: [roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 04:19 PM
The snake darts forward, striking you on the heel. Venom seeps into your bloodstream, and you feel a malignant substance seep deep within you.

Take one damage, and roll me a fortitude save.

Woodsman
2016-03-14, 04:21 PM
Kaltan follows Lauren, making sure to take his time with climbing. He doesn't like the idea of Anna going alone, but doesn't say anything about it.

Zhentarim
2016-03-14, 04:37 PM
Lauren saw the snake and moved to be exactly 25 feet from it. She then prepared to fire.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-14, 04:55 PM
As the group seemed to take the other way, Flavius opted for his own safety and took to following after them (Double move to catch up to the rest of the group).

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 05:00 PM
Anna winces as the snake lunges and says, in a little pain, "Fine." She draws her dagger and swipes at the viper, looking to cut it's head off before things get further out of hand.

Fort Save: [roll0]

Dagger attack: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 05:07 PM
Anna winces as the snake lunges and says, in a little pain, "Fine." She draws her dagger and swipes at the viper, looking to cut it's head off before things get further out of hand.

Fort Save: [roll0]

Dagger attack: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]

You slice it across its length. It hisses at you, and bolts under a rock.

Take 2 points of Con damage. Roll another fortitude save.

digiman619
2016-03-14, 05:16 PM
As Harold retrieves the rope, he hears the commotion down the corridor. I'm coming!
I'll take two move actions to get 45 feet closer. (as the first 15 feet count as double)

Ionbound
2016-03-14, 08:41 PM
Anna shakes her head as the poison saps her strength, and calls back, "Be careful, everyone...It's still here. Nasty little bugger got me, too..." She takes a deep breath, then continues, "I'm going to keep going," crawling further ahead.

[roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 08:59 PM
You cleanse your system of the venom, and forge onwards.

Despite some rather angsty hissing you can't escape from (perhaps you're imagining it?), you reach the mouth of the tunnel unmolested. As you peer down it, you can see that it goes a very, very long way. So far that you cannot see an end.

Zhentarim
2016-03-14, 09:29 PM
Lauren whispered to the group:
"I think I can scope this tunnel out. If y'all wait here, I can investigate this tunnel and report back if I find anything. I'm the stealthiest one here, by far."

digiman619
2016-03-14, 09:40 PM
Go ahead. I'll keep an eye about here.

Zhentarim
2016-03-14, 09:44 PM
Calling upon her unique ability to change her skin color to match her surroundings, Lauren sneaked down the passageway in full stealth mode, moving only 20 feet per round.

[roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-14, 09:58 PM
Lauren whispered to the group:
"I think I can scope this tunnel out. If y'all wait here, I can investigate this tunnel and report back if I find anything. I'm the stealthiest one here, by far."

The tunnel is a long, long one, with little remarkable in it besides the scrawlings of exiles and the marks of the underground tribes.

You won't reach a landmark until around 20-25 minutes. How long will you scout?

Zhentarim
2016-03-14, 11:55 PM
Breaking stealth, as Lauren decided she wouldn't see anything for a while, Lauren began to hustle, moving 80 feet per round. She kept her eyes peeled for anything unusual. She had the feeling she would see something before long.

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 07:15 AM
Breaking stealth, as Lauren decided she wouldn't see anything for a while, Lauren began to hustle, moving 80 feet per round. She kept her eyes peeled for anything unusual. She had the feeling she would see something before long.

Bustling along at those speeds, it's not long before you run out of breath. It's also not long before you come across a strange visage.

On the tunnel wall, a crack opens up- it leads into a cave, one spilling a putrid green light. Strange, lifelike carvings of people mar the walls near it- people bent prostrate in deference to some unseen god. Yet it feels like the god is... below them?

To the right, the tunnel carries on.

Woodsman
2016-03-15, 01:15 PM
Kaltan doubles back momentarily to ensure that the others are gathered at the tunnel entrance while they wait for Lauren. He checks on Anevia, Aravashnial, and Horgus as well, ensuring that the three of them are all right as far as the circumstances go.

Zhentarim
2016-03-15, 01:26 PM
Calling back, Lauren screamed:

I'm a little over 100 feet out now! Lots of statues out here!

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 01:33 PM
Kaltan doubles back momentarily to ensure that the others are gathered at the tunnel entrance while they wait for Lauren. He checks on Anevia, Aravashnial, and Horgus as well, ensuring that the three of them are all right as far as the circumstances go.

They're all good. Anevia and Aravashnial are slowly making their way across the cave. Very slowly- Aravashnial's self-designated guide, Lauren, buggered off and left.

Calling back, Lauren screamed:

I'm a little over 100 feet out now! Lots of statues out here!

As you shout, a ethereal whisper seems to engulf you, swallowing you up in the coils of some vague secret. But nothing moves.

digiman619
2016-03-15, 01:36 PM
Hearing Lauren, Harold moves up to her.

Woodsman
2016-03-15, 01:46 PM
"Sir, please, allow me to guide you for now," Kaltan offers to Aravashnial, gently taking his arm.

Ionbound
2016-03-15, 01:48 PM
Anna starts climbing down the tunnel, dropping her lit torch to get an idea of how deep the tunnel goes.

Zhentarim
2016-03-15, 01:50 PM
They're all good. Anevia and Aravashnial are slowly making their way across the cave. Very slowly- Aravashnial's self-designated guide, Lauren, buggered off and left.

As you shout, a ethereal whisper seems to engulf you, swallowing you up in the coils of some vague secret. But nothing moves.

(OOC: That's my add...I forgot I had become a guide...I guess she is just as flakey as I can be at times.)

Lauren Summons her phantom, and stops, cloaking herself once more. She wanted the group to be no more than 40 feet behind her after hearing those whispers. It is not good to be separated down here.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-15, 02:14 PM
Flavius remained alongside the injured members of the group. The rest were already scouting out, and there was no particular need to endanger himself if others were willing to do so.

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 03:10 PM
Horgus shifts impatiently.

"Shouldn't we follow them? I remind you, I need to get out of here as soon as possible. I am paying you, after all."

Anevia looks uncertain about the prospect of traveling further into the catacombs, but Aravashnial does a little jig- the man is obviously fascinated.

"And besides that, think of the things we could see down here! Or rather... you could see.

But besides! I've heard rumors of the descendants of the First Crusade fleeing into these mazes, ostracized and exiled for what the abyssal energies had done to them. Think what it could do for us if we could discover them!"

Anevia scoffs. "Stop with your crackpot theories, old man."

She turns to Flavius.

"This lunatic has been spouting conspiracy theories since before I was born. He's just clinging to the idea that there's actually proof of one of them- and he's gonna drag you all to the Abyss to find some."

Tuvarkz
2016-03-15, 05:00 PM
"You're paying us?" Flavius lifted an eyebrow at the comment: "Most excellent-I'll take you up on your word. However, estimated employer, the rest of the group is scouting ahead, so, for your safety, let's wait until we hear further notice of what they find ahead before moving forward. We'll go further as soon as it's safe for you three to do so."
Listening attently to the blind man's words, Flavius seemed to give little care to Anevia's words. "Why are you bringing this up when he hasn't started talking about the topic again?"

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 05:13 PM
"You're paying us?" Flavius lifted an eyebrow at the comment: "Most excellent-I'll take you up on your word. However, estimated employer, the rest of the group is scouting ahead, so, for your safety, let's wait until we hear further notice of what they find ahead before moving forward. We'll go further as soon as it's safe for you three to do so."
Listening attently to the blind man's words, Flavius seemed to give little care to Anevia's words. "Why are you bringing this up when he hasn't started talking about the topic again?"

Anevia's mouth tightens.

"Because I refuse to let this be another damned expedition, founded by his ambition and destroyed by his madness. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make sure the rest of you don't do anything regrettable."

She stomps off down the tunnel, as fast as her mangled leg would allow.

Hargus raises an eyebrow. "Well, that was ugly."
He chuckles.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-15, 05:26 PM
The psychic warrior contained a smile, and said: "I guess that we can't stay too far behind, however", before starting moving forward at a leisurely pace.

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 05:30 PM
Aravashnial giggles a little bit, and continues down the tunnel. Horgus follows suit.

Ionbound
2016-03-15, 05:43 PM
Anna continues down the tunnel, taking the lead, even trying to catch up with Anevia as she forges ahead.

Zhentarim
2016-03-15, 06:03 PM
Lauren checked back to see how the rest of the group was coming along. When the two wounded came close enough, she would send her father to help support him. In the excitement earlier, she forgot about her promise to help the infirm.

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 08:56 PM
By now, everyone has gathered around the ethereal gap in the wall.

The sickly green beckons.

digiman619
2016-03-15, 09:28 PM
Harold peers into the void, attempting to pierce its secrets
I'll attempt Perception and Knowledge: The planes
Perception: [roll0]
Kn: Planes: [roll1]

Zhentarim
2016-03-15, 09:52 PM
By now, everyone has gathered around the ethereal gap in the wall.

The sickly green beckons.
The pink phantom assisted the infirm as Lauren considered her options.
"Shall we enter this crack?

cecil1994
2016-03-15, 10:48 PM
Harold peers into the void, attempting to pierce its secrets
I'll attempt Perception and Knowledge: The planes
Kn: Planes: [roll1]

You squint, eyes piercing through the verdant glare.

You can see shubberies of a sort... but ones that appear to be chiseled from stone.

A modest shrine takes a backseat in this strange, stone garden.
A towering carving of a hammer adorns its front. This strange monolith seems to be the source of the vile light.

Woodsman
2016-03-16, 12:14 PM
"What do you see?" Kaltan asks Harold, nervously waiting at the tunnel's entrance. The sickening green glow was making him rather uncomfortable.

Zhentarim
2016-03-16, 12:27 PM
Lauren peered into the green to identify the temple

[roll0]

digiman619
2016-03-16, 03:38 PM
"What do you see?" Kaltan asks Harold, nervously waiting at the tunnel's entrance. The sickening green glow was making him rather uncomfortable.

It appears to be a garden made of stone. There's a shrine in the back, too. A pillar, with a hammer carved into the front. Any idea what it means?

Tuvarkz
2016-03-16, 04:15 PM
The lack of screams or shouts making a solid case for safety, Flavius decided to move forward into the tunnel.

cecil1994
2016-03-16, 05:49 PM
Lauren peered into the green to identify the temple

[roll0]

http://karzoug.info/srd/deities/images/Torag.gif

From what you know, it is not uncommon to discover isolated shrines hidden in buried lands. And it's even more likely to find ones dedicated to the benevolent God of the underworld- Torag, God of the Earth, Forge, and Protection.

What is rare, however, is the sickening pall this temple radiates. It pulses with decay, sadness, and loss- as if Torag himself has cursed this place. But why?

Woodsman
2016-03-16, 10:14 PM
"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it," Kaltan admits to Harold. "Does anyone else have an idea?"

digiman619
2016-03-17, 09:49 PM
Well, we aren't gaining any ground standing here; just keep your eyes open. Harold then cautiously enters the tunnel.

Ionbound
2016-03-17, 09:55 PM
Anna swallows as she silently follows the party into the sickening glow, nervous that they might be walking into a demon's trap of some sort, or worse, some kind of divinely-cursed place that will draw Torag's wrath upon them for trespassing.

Woodsman
2016-03-17, 10:59 PM
Kaltan warily draws his katana, following Anna. The green glow was making him nervous, but if there was some sort of temple to a good deity down here that had been cursed, he felt obligated to clear it out.

cecil1994
2016-03-17, 11:44 PM
As you enter, the ominous stench becomes undeniable- it is the scent of death.

And thus, this stone courtyard is littered in the bodies of vermin. Every step you take crunches, and after barely a few paces your boots are completely covered in the remains of dead flies. This temple has been perverted, its message of the sanctity of life corrupted into a grotesque aura of death. What is unclear, still, is exactly why.

The shrine- more of a bunker, really- has no windows of any sort. The only way in is a thick stone door.

It beckons.

digiman619
2016-03-18, 04:45 AM
Harold empowers his fists

Zhentarim
2016-03-18, 07:23 AM
As Lauren walked, she told the group, "From what I know, it is not uncommon to discover isolated shrines hidden in buried lands. And it's even more likely to find ones dedicated to the benevolent God of the underworld- Torag, God of the Earth, Forge, and Protection.

What is rare, however, is the sickening pall this temple radiates. It pulses with decay, sadness, and loss- as if Torag himself has cursed this place. But why?"

Smelling the stench, Lauren readied her bow and pointed at the door. She prepared for the worst.

cecil1994
2016-03-18, 07:53 AM
The door remains staunchly shut.

From the inside, you hear skittering... claw marks on stone.

Ionbound
2016-03-18, 12:52 PM
Anna looks nervously at the door as she backs up, drawing her bow as well, and asks, "Anyone with a sword want to open that? I feel like if something bursts out of there, I'd be better served at a range where I can actually shoot it."

Ready action: Attack an obvious hostile once the door is opened.

Zhentarim
2016-03-18, 01:02 PM
[Also Ready Action: Attack Hostile]

Tuvarkz
2016-03-18, 02:04 PM
Approaching the door as he drew his paired knives, Flavius commented: "Perhaps our brave paladin should do it?" ((Readying action for Disturbing Blow against first enemy to get within Flavius's melee))

Woodsman
2016-03-18, 02:18 PM
Kaltan nods, bracing his shoulder to the door. "Whatever comes out, be ready to fight," he says, looking among the group members to ensure that they're ready. Upon seeing that they're prepared to fight, he digs his feet into the ground and pushes, using as much strength as he can.

Strength check: [roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-18, 02:43 PM
The door grinds open.

Inside, the nave of a small church is revealed. Broken stone pews line this grotesque mausoleum, and everything is coated in a pervasive layer of dust.

Everything- including the hooded figure kneeling at the altar. It does not move. The church, it, and you are engulfed in a thick coating of desperate silence.

Zhentarim
2016-03-18, 03:08 PM
(Update Map)

Lauren released her arrow at the cloaked figure. This place was obviously cursed due to its green hue and ominous aura.

[roll0]
Add +1 if closer than 30 feet and another +2 if demonic.

[roll1]
Add +1 if closer than 30 feet and another +2 if demonic.

Crit?
(19-20, x2)

digiman619
2016-03-18, 03:09 PM
Well, this seems ominous. Harold thought to himself. Steeling himself, he enters the church.

Ionbound
2016-03-18, 04:42 PM
Anna blinks as she sees the hooded figure, and then as the arrow flies from her side, she swears and shouts, "You! Whatever your name is! Never shoot at someone that's not a present threat! He might have wanted to talk!"

cecil1994
2016-03-18, 06:09 PM
The arrow flies true, striking the hooded shape right in the back.

On impact... it shatters, without even bypassing the man's (woman's? illithid's?) cloak. The creature stands up, and slowly turns.

The hood falls. Beneath it... you see a horrible monstrosity, decrepit flesh and stretched skin over an eternally screaming face. Grafted to its forehead is the holy symbol of Torag, the Hammer- but cracked and marred to be almost unrecognizable.

The creature lets out a horrific wail. It charges.

The arrow only did 3 damage originally, by the way. Lauren incorrectly rolled damage.

[roll0]: You Guys
[roll1]: Not You Guys

Oh, also- Horgus lets out a really piercing scream at this sight.

Zhentarim
2016-03-18, 06:42 PM
Lauren pondered what this being was. She recalled her time reading her fathers journals and attempted to remember if this was one of the demons found inside.

Knowledge (Planes) Check (10+5)=15

If this is not a demon, Lauren will attempt a religion check to see if this is some form of undead.

cecil1994
2016-03-18, 07:06 PM
Lauren pondered what this being was. She recalled her time reading her fathers journals and attempted to remember if this was one of the demons found inside.

Knowledge (Planes) Check (10+5)=15

If this is not a demon, Lauren will attempt a religion check to see if this is some form of undead.

It's not a demon, that's for sure.
Roll Knowledge: Religion.

Ionbound
2016-03-18, 07:10 PM
Anna swears and says, "It couldn't have been something nice, could it..." as she draws back an arrow and fires, hoping to end the fight quickly.

Deadly Aim for 2:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zhentarim
2016-03-18, 07:11 PM
It's not a demon, that's for sure.
Roll Knowledge: Religion.

[roll0]

Meanwhile, Jack Lionheart began to move at top speed towards the creature, hoping for a mighty bludgeon attack.

cecil1994
2016-03-18, 07:45 PM
Anna swears and says, "It couldn't have been something nice, could it..." as she draws back an arrow and fires, hoping to end the fight quickly.

Deadly Aim for 2:
[roll0]
[roll1]

The arrow flies blindly past the monstrosity, and clinks off the wall.

[roll0]

Meanwhile, Jack Lionheart began to move at top speed towards the creature, hoping for a mighty bludgeon attack.

This nightmare is a Huecava, the risen corpse of a blasphemous priest. Cursed by a god for their heresy, they are bound to this plane in horrifying forms- and lose their sanity as a result.

They are the bearers of disease, with tough skin (vulnerable to magic or silver) and an exceptional ability to resist clerics that still remain among the living.

Woodsman
2016-03-18, 07:48 PM
"Fortunately for us, this is clearly a threat," Kaltan says, stepping forward and slashing at the creature with his katana.

cecil1994
2016-03-18, 07:57 PM
"Fortunately for us, this is clearly a threat," Kaltan says, stepping forward and slashing at the creature with his katana.

Your blade cuts into the undead's shoulder, slicing a not-insignificant gash into the beast.

That wasn't a smite, right?

Tuvarkz
2016-03-19, 01:20 AM
Dropping his paired knives, once more Flavius created a soulblade, before moving into a flanking position with Kaltan and attacking!

Swift for Call the Soul's Blade (Weapon counts as magic for bypassing DR), move into a flanking position with Kaltan, and use Disturbing Blow (On hit, -4 to the creature's next d20 roll) as standard.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-19, 07:54 AM
Dropping his paired knives, once more Flavius created a soulblade, before moving into a flanking position with Kaltan and attacking!

Swift for Call the Soul's Blade (Weapon counts as magic for bypassing DR), move into a flanking position with Kaltan, and use Disturbing Blow (On hit, -4 to the creature's next d20 roll) as standard.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1]

Your blade catches on the nightmare's cloak and rips it away, revealing more of the horror beneath. It doesn't slice into it, though.

Zhentarim
2016-03-19, 10:22 AM
Lauren screeched a lecture on the creature

"This nightmare is a Huecava, the risen corpse of a blasphemous priest. Cursed by a god for their heresy, they are bound to this plane in horrifying forms- and lose their sanity as a result. They are the bearers of disease, with tough skin (vulnerable to magic or silver) and an exceptional ability to resist clerics that still remain among the living."

digiman619
2016-03-19, 08:46 PM
Well, let's give it death again! Harold he says as rushes forward
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-19, 08:55 PM
Well, let's give it death again! Harold he says as rushes forward
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]

Psychic fisticuffs make contact with the abomination... and pierce some innate barrier, hitting with real force. It staggers backwards.

OOC: Has everyone acted? I don't think Lauren has, outside of the Knowledge check

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 08:08 AM
Alright, Lauren is getting skipped.

The creature screams in twisted agony, and lunges forward in a blind rage.

2 claw attacks-
1, vs Kaltan [roll0] damage [roll1]
2, vs Harold [roll2] damage [roll3]

Anyone hit needs to roll me a fortitude save.

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 08:10 AM
The claw aimed at Harold soars over his head, but Kaltan's strikes true.

[roll0] damage [roll1]

Nope, doesn't crit.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-21, 08:43 AM
The ethereal weapon dissipating from his hands, Flavius stepped backwards, taking a moment to regain a better footing and empower himself with psionic power!
((5-foot step outside of enemy reach, and as full round action expend psionic focus, recovering both maneuvers and manifesting Offensive Precognition at no power point cost, but with only a 4-round duration))

digiman619
2016-03-21, 12:50 PM
Oh, no you don't! Harold remarks, as he steps up to attack.
Harold takes a five foot step to keep being adjacent to the thing/into flanking position if possible. If I don't have to move more than 5 feet, I'll flurry it.
Attack roll 1 (+2 if I can't flurry):[roll0]
Attack roll 2 (ignore if I can't flurry): [roll1]
Damage roll 1:[roll2]
Damage roll 2 (ignore if I can't flurry):[roll3]

Woodsman
2016-03-21, 03:31 PM
Kaltan draws in a sharp breath as the creature slashes him, but continues to fight. He swings at the creature again, venting his pain into a battle cry.

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 04:15 PM
Oh, no you don't! Harold remarks, as he steps up to attack.
Harold takes a five foot step to keep being adjacent to the thing/into flanking position if possible. If I don't have to move more than 5 feet, I'll flurry it.
Attack roll 1 (+2 if I can't flurry):[roll0]
Attack roll 2 (ignore if I can't flurry): [roll1]
Damage roll 1:[roll2]
Damage roll 2 (ignore if I can't flurry):[roll3]

Your fist hits something substantial. The horror staggers backward, and breaks into dust.

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 04:17 PM
Kaltan draws in a sharp breath as the creature slashes him, but continues to fight. He swings at the creature again, venting his pain into a battle cry.

Your blade... misses. But it didn't make a difference, thankfully.

Roll me a fortitude save.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-21, 04:36 PM
The undead destroyed, Flavius took a moment to refocus himself and picked up his daggers, sheathing one of the two. ((Regaining Psionic Focus: Fire)).

Ionbound
2016-03-21, 04:53 PM
Anna sighs as the monster is destroyed and says, "Nowhere to go but forwards...What happened here?"

Tuvarkz
2016-03-21, 05:06 PM
"The temple was likely defiled...perhaps we should offer our prayers to the gods to restore their grace upon this place?" commented Flavius, his eyes darting around looking for any particular details inside the temple he might have not noticed yet in the midst of combat.
((Taking 10 on Perception for a result of 17))

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 05:15 PM
"The temple was likely defiled...perhaps we should offer our prayers to the gods to restore their grace upon this place?" commented Flavius, his eyes darting around looking for any particular details inside the temple he might have not noticed yet in the midst of combat.
((Taking 10 on Perception for a result of 17))

The temple is a humble one, even in ruin. There isn't much that's not broken, besides- but somewhere in the cracked masonry lies an ornate pouch, with a gilded warhammer resting beside it.

The temple proper seems restorable. It would take a lotttttttt of work, though.

Zhentarim
2016-03-21, 05:52 PM
Lauren spoke, "As much as I would like to restore this place, we must press on towards the surface. People above need our help."

digiman619
2016-03-21, 06:04 PM
Good point. Let's get moving.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-21, 06:09 PM
Ignoring the warhammer, Flavius will check the contents of the ornate pouch.
((By the way, as a question, how strictly will you be enforcing carrying capacity?))

Woodsman
2016-03-21, 06:26 PM
Kaltan nods, "We do need to get moving. We can worry about this temple later. Our apologies to Torag of course." He winces slightly at the wound.

Fortitude save: [roll0]

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 07:01 PM
Kaltan nods, "We do need to get moving. We can worry about this temple later. Our apologies to Torag of course." He winces slightly at the wound.

Fortitude save: [roll0]

You feel... ill. Not good. No Bueno.

You've contracted Filth Fever.

cecil1994
2016-03-21, 07:06 PM
Ignoring the warhammer, Flavius will check the contents of the ornate pouch.
((By the way, as a question, how strictly will you be enforcing carrying capacity?))

Not heavily. Be within 15ish pounds, and it's fine.

Zhentarim
2016-03-21, 08:52 PM
"Kaltan! You don't look so good!"

Woodsman
2016-03-21, 10:20 PM
Kaltan grimaces, waving his hand. "I'll be fine. Right now we have other things to worry about. We can tend to my injuries when we've reached the surface. Now then, shall we continue? The longer we spend here, the worse things get in the city."

Ionbound
2016-03-22, 09:45 AM
Anna nods and says, "Indeed. If we cannot make it to the surface, then none of this matters. We must press on," as she begins looking for an exit to the chapel further towards the surface...Surely there must have been a way for worshipers to enter and exit, a way that could prove to be their escape.

cecil1994
2016-03-22, 11:35 AM
Anna nods and says, "Indeed. If we cannot make it to the surface, then none of this matters. We must press on," as she begins looking for an exit to the chapel further towards the surface...Surely there must have been a way for worshipers to enter and exit, a way that could prove to be their escape.

Actually, it looks as if the worshippers were never intended to leave.

Torag doesn't give up his worshippers of the earth too easily.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-23, 03:45 AM
Flavius pocketed the vials and the ring before returning to the group, saying: "Indeed, let's get back on track."

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 01:28 PM
You guys leave the shattered temple, and rejoin the long and knotted tunnel.

It leads you for quite a while, traveling up and up further back towards the city. Finally, you find yourselves in a huge, abandoned cavern- one littered with the dust-ridden statues of ancient crusaders. Every figure's face bears some distant expression of loss.

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 01:33 PM
Lauren looked about the cavern.
"What is this? Do we have any history experts here?"

Tuvarkz
2016-03-25, 02:16 PM
"Not myself. Horgus, Arashvanial?" looking at those two, the aasimar then started describing the statues to the blind elf as accurately as possible.

Woodsman
2016-03-25, 02:28 PM
Kaltan walks up to one of the statues, admiring it. "Who were you to feel such loss?" he asks softly, lighting laying his hand on the stone. He bows his head in respect, for whoever they were, they were clearly Crusaders-- men and women who stood against the forces of the Abyss to protect Golarion.

He turns back to the group. "I'm afraid I don't know who these statues are of either."

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 02:40 PM
In one of the statues you inspect, you notice a destroyed nest. Obsidian egg fragments marr the floor around it.

Somewhere, you hear the fluttering of fragile wings. Roll perception.

Woodsman
2016-03-25, 03:09 PM
Kaltan raises a hand, motioning for everyone to be silent. "Shh. I thought I heard something," he says softly, listening closer.

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 03:21 PM
You catch a glimpse of something dark, and whip around.

Hiding on one of the statues are two tentacled beasts- with wings protruding from slimy backs and a sharp beak, they're certainly... weird.

They let out a horrendous caw.
Group Init: [roll0]
Darkmantle Init: [roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 03:25 PM
They fly forwards in shadowed synch, diving the group as a tentacled one.

One strikes at Anna, but she sidesteps and the thing crashes into the ground. The other barely misses Tuvarkz and flies back into the cover of statues.

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 03:33 PM
Lauren thought back to her time reading about demons, and tried to remember if these beast were there.

(Knowlege, Planes=15 due to Avid Reader Trait)

Tuvarkz
2016-03-25, 04:28 PM
Prioritizing the crashed enemy, Flavius charged at it with his dagger!

Charge the crashed enemy.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Weapon damage
[roll1]
Stance bonus damage
[roll2]

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 04:31 PM
These are darkmantles- odd and territorial magical beasts that hunt from the dark of caves. They're surprisingly good at grappling, as have some minute magical talent.

These seem starved and abused. Normal darkmantles colonies range from ten to fifteen in number- here, there are only 2. Have they been pruned?

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 04:33 PM
Prioritizing the crashed enemy, Flavius charged at it with his dagger!

Charge the crashed enemy.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Weapon damage
[roll1]
Stance bonus damage
[roll2]

You nick the grounded darkmantle, and it screeches. Doesn't seem too hurt, but it is irritated.

digiman619
2016-03-25, 05:04 PM
Gathering his ki, Harold blasts the closest darkmantle
Move action: Empower my fists
Take 5 foot step to get closer
Standard Action: PK Discharge [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 05:22 PM
Lauren took a deep breath and fired upon the nearest creature, trying to stay exactly 30 feet away so that she was especially accurate and powerful.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Woodsman
2016-03-25, 05:24 PM
Kaltan follows Flavius, slashing at the darkmantle as well.

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 05:27 PM
Lauren's bolt takes the darkmantle as it tries to fly away, knocking it down a few feet... and into Kaltan's sword.

It does not get back up.

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 06:55 PM
Gathering his ki, Harold blasts the closest darkmantle
Move action: Empower my fists
Take 5 foot step to get closer
Standard Action: PK Discharge [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Harold's space laser Ki ball flies off into the night. You hear a faint yelp from behind the cover of statues.

Ionbound
2016-03-25, 10:57 PM
Anna swears as she leaps out of the way of the creature and draws back and fires, bowstring twanging as she looses an arrow at the Nightmantle, hoping to stick an arrow between it's eyes.

Deadly Aim 2

[roll0]

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 11:13 PM
Lauren moves towards the yelp she heard behind the statues.

cecil1994
2016-03-25, 11:27 PM
Anna swears as she leaps out of the way of the creature and draws back and fires, bowstring twanging as she looses an arrow at the Nightmantle, hoping to stick an arrow between it's eyes.

Deadly Aim 2

[roll0]

Your arrow clatters off the statues.

The darkmantle sweeps back in for another strike, targeting the Lazer Monk who sassed it before... and latches onto the poor man's face.

Take ten points of damage, and you're grappled. Geez it rolled well.

digiman619
2016-03-26, 12:55 AM
Your arrow clatters off the statues.

The darkmantle sweeps back in for another strike, targeting the Lazer Monk who sassed it before... and latches onto the poor man's face.

Take ten points of damage, and you're grappled. Geez it rolled well.

F--k, that hurt! I've got 1 HP left! Can I use Opportune Parry and Riposte to not have the facehugger on me? If so, here's the attack roll [roll0]
Harold shrieked as the beast grabbed him, trying to wrest it away from him
If I can't OPaR, then I'm using Derring Do to add to the Escape Artist to get free. [roll1] + [roll2] (I don't know if 1d20+1d6+3 would work)
If I'm free, I take a move action to skedaddle.

Wow, either way, I'm really kinda boned. That sucks.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-26, 02:32 AM
Taking advantage of the darkmantle being distracted latching onto Harold, Flavius went and stabbed at it!

Move towards the darkmantle, and attack it with Disturbing Blow. On hit, -4 to its next d20 roll
Attack roll
[roll0]
Weapon Damage
[roll1]
Stance damage
[roll2]

cecil1994
2016-03-26, 07:10 AM
F--k, that hurt! I've got 1 HP left! Can I use Opportune Parry and Riposte to not have the facehugger on me? If so, here's the attack roll [roll0]
Harold shrieked as the beast grabbed him, trying to wrest it away from him
If I can't OPaR, then I'm using Derring Do to add to the Escape Artist to get free. [roll1] + [roll2] (I don't know if 1d20+1d6+3 would work)
If I'm free, I take a move action to skedaddle.

Wow, either way, I'm really kinda boned. That sucks.

Yeah, the thing isn't giving up that easily. Sorry :smallannoyed:

Taking advantage of the darkmantle being distracted latching onto Harold, Flavius went and stabbed at it!

Move towards the darkmantle, and attack it with Disturbing Blow. On hit, -4 to its next d20 roll
Attack roll
[roll0]
Weapon Damage
[roll1]
Stance damage
[roll2]

You manage to cut into it without hurting Harold. It screeches.

Woodsman
2016-03-26, 09:55 PM
Kaltan swings around to face Harold, still holding his katana. He hesitates, though, as he sees the darkmantle wrapped around him. "I... what do we do? I don't want to hit him," he says.

Zhentarim
2016-03-26, 10:19 PM
Lauren pivots and shoots the other beast!

[roll0]
[roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-26, 10:23 PM
Lauren pivots and shoots the other beast!

[roll0]
[roll1]

The other beast is dead.

Are you targeting the grappler?

Zhentarim
2016-03-26, 10:44 PM
The other beast is dead.

Are you targeting the grappler?

yes, i am!

digiman619
2016-03-26, 10:51 PM
Well, this is gonna suck. Please say someone can heal me after we kill this thing? Also, I really hope we aren't playing with crit fails, as you rolled a 1 trying to shoot the thing grappling me.

cecil1994
2016-03-26, 10:51 PM
yes, i am!

Your bolt flies wide, an inch from Harold's face. A close shave.

digiman619
2016-03-26, 10:55 PM
Your bolt flies wide, an inch from Harold's face. A close shave.

Thanks. I've played with DMs that'd have that hit me. Either way,GET THIS THING OFFA ME!!!!!

cecil1994
2016-03-26, 11:10 PM
Thanks. I've played with DMs that'd have that hit me. Either way,GET THIS THING OFFA ME!!!!!

I'm not thaaaat mean :smallwink:
Plus, the shot didn't even hit your AC.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-27, 02:32 AM
"Attack the being, in the worst case I'll use a healing potion on him." said Flavius to reassure the paladin.

Zhentarim
2016-03-27, 12:08 PM
Lauren attacked the beast again!

[roll0]
[roll1]

cecil1994
2016-03-27, 12:20 PM
Lauren attacked the beast again!

[roll0]
[roll1]

(OOC: How is it your turn again?)

The bolt misses. It shatters on solemn stone.

Woodsman
2016-03-27, 05:33 PM
Kaltan nods and carefully steps forward, making a motion to cut at the darkmantle while avoiding Harold.

cecil1994
2016-03-27, 05:54 PM
Kaltan nods and carefully steps forward, making a motion to cut at the darkmantle while avoiding Harold.

The darkmantle squeals and leaps off of Harold, and your blade rockets down towards Harold in its place.

You stop your sword inches above Harold's vulnerable skin. Next time, you might not be so lucky.

Woodsman
2016-03-28, 10:16 PM
Kaltan's face goes pale, but he quickly moves the sword away from Harold, offering a quick bow. "My apologies for nearly killing you," he says, before turning his attention back to the darkmantle.

digiman619
2016-03-28, 11:11 PM
Kaltan's face goes pale, but he quickly moves the sword away from Harold, offering a quick bow. "My apologies for nearly killing you," he says, before turning his attention back to the darkmantle.

Whatever! GET THIS THING OFFA ME!!!

Zhentarim
2016-03-29, 04:33 PM
While Lauren plotted her next move, Jack went in to slam the darkmantle.

[roll0]

digiman619
2016-04-01, 05:08 AM
I'm worried that I'm holding this up. If I'm out of order, retcon my action to happen later

Harold, breathing heavily, smashes the darkmantle.
If I'm more than 5 feet from the thing, I'll take a move action to get adjacent to it. Otherwise I'll take a 5-ft step to get next to it and flurry it.
[roll0] If I'm not flurrying, I get +2 to this attack and skip the next attack.
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]
[roll3] Ignore this one if I'm not flurrying.
Attack

Wow, those rolls suck. I;m going to claim that I'm kinda woozy after the duskmantle attacked me.

cecil1994
2016-04-01, 06:50 AM
The darkmantle, injured and skittish, dives for Horace again.

And it faceplants. Nat 1, folks.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-01, 12:42 PM
Flavius once more repositioned himself into a flanking position and went in for the kill!
Attack roll
[roll0]
Weapon damage
[roll1]
Maneuver bonus damage
[roll2]

cecil1994
2016-04-01, 01:23 PM
Flavius takes off its head, and it falls.

The room is silent once more. Vague scuffling can be heard from further down.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-01, 04:14 PM
While the pathwalker would have preferred a moment to catch his breath, it would seem like more enemies awaited ahead. Looking at Kaltan, he commented: "Something is going on further down. Kaltan, mind accompanying me to scout ahead what's going on while the rest cover our rear?"

digiman619
2016-04-01, 04:18 PM
Relaxing now the foe is defeated, Harold starts to take a step forward, but falls down to one knee. He the sits down saying I don't know about you guys, but I have definitely felt better...

Woodsman
2016-04-01, 10:35 PM
Kaltan nods, "Aye, I'll accompany you." He glances back to Harold, frowning. "I think we should ensure that Harold is well enough before we continue, though. Not that I don't trust our other companions, but I want to make sure he's capable of continuing on."

cecil1994
2016-04-01, 10:53 PM
Anevia winces at the sight of Horace's mutilated flesh.

"You... don't look great. Do we have a healer?"

Aravashnial shrugs.

"Sorry, not my specialty."

Tuvarkz
2016-04-02, 01:26 AM
"Here, I got a healing potion" Flavius comments as he puts one of the cure light wounds vials he found in the temple on one of Harold's hands, before looking at the paladin and saying: "Alright, let's get moving." as he starts moving forward, attentive to any further sound he hears, as well as that the Paladin doesn't fall behind.
((Rolling for perception))
[roll0]

digiman619
2016-04-02, 01:41 AM
Harold downs the contents of the vial, his aches and pain vanish as the potion re-knits his flesh.
Let's see how helpful the potion was
[roll0]

Well... I think I'll be OK, but remind me not to let horrific undead attack my face next time.

Ionbound
2016-04-02, 09:57 AM
Anna frowns as she nudges the corpse of the Darkmantle and says, "I'm not entirely sure that was undead. Just...Weird." She shrugs and says, "In any event, we need to get back to the surface. Nothing to do but to press on," as she makes her way forwards.

Zhentarim
2016-04-02, 10:13 AM
The pink phantom led the way, with Lauren close behind. She wanted out of this place.

cecil1994
2016-04-02, 12:36 PM
As you march forwards, the sounds of grinding stone and shrill babbling fill the air. They appear to be coming from a small nook in the wall of the cavern- one littered with runes.

Aravashnial shivers. There is a foul magic in the air.

Woodsman
2016-04-02, 01:44 PM
Kaltan keeps up with Flavius, still feeling a bit ill, but not awful enough that it affects his movement. He pauses upon hearing the babbling, and notices the runes. "Hold up," he whispers. "Something strange is going on. We should be extra cautious."

Tuvarkz
2016-04-02, 02:39 PM
The pathwalker nodded at Kaltan's words, a blue light temporarily materializing around him, and said: "Ready, let's get moving." as he resumed his pace.
((Manifesting Defensive Precognition, +1 insight to AC/saves for one minute, bonus doesn't apply if Flavius is flat-footed))

Zhentarim
2016-04-02, 08:09 PM
Lauren stopped, but her phantom continued on in incorporeal form, hoping to draw out whatever was making the noise. Lauren closed her eyes to see what her father's pink incorporeal phantom saw.

Ionbound
2016-04-03, 12:15 PM
Anna frowns and unshoulders her bow, readying an arrow as she continues moving forwards. She wants to be out of this area as quickly as possible, and moves with a stride that reflects that.

cecil1994
2016-04-03, 03:12 PM
Lauren's phantom enters the alcove, and you see what it sees... and resist the urge to vomit.

The walls are coated in runes of blood. Harvested creatures of all shapes and sized litter the floor, their essence fueling potent and cruel magics. It feels like something out of a children's tale- if the storyteller had some depressed urge to mentally scar the poor kids.

Faint babbling seems to radiate from the walls. Is it coming... from the floor?

Zhentarim
2016-04-03, 07:51 PM
"Guys. There is blood on the walls, and babbling coming from the floor where my father is. We should proceed with caution."

digiman619
2016-04-03, 11:40 PM
Very well. Let's get through it as fast as possible. I don't want to spend any more time than is necessary down here.

I spend a move action empowering my fists.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-04, 01:36 AM
Flavius simply kept moving forward, not willing to take so long as for his manifested power to end.

Ionbound
2016-04-04, 11:30 AM
Anna frowns and replies, "Right, then. Gods know what happened down here...We need to go."

Woodsman
2016-04-04, 12:51 PM
Kaltan keeps his sword drawn and cautiously keeps behind Flavius, nervous as to what they might encounter. Anything willing to sacrifice so many innocents for power could not be good news.

cecil1994
2016-04-06, 10:46 PM
Flavius alone hears a shift in the earth- a traveler in the stone.

And behind you, a craggy figure emerges- a dwarf half-made of rock with strange lettering carved into his stint hide. Spittle flies from his chapped lips as he screams out- "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME BACK!!!! YOU'LL NEVER INTERUPTED MY RESEARCH AGAIN!!"

He murmurs a few words, and twists his hand. Everyone other than Flavius (who manages to twist out of range) takes 7 points of damage as stalagmites erupt around you. This area is now difficult terrain.

Oh, and Ghost-Dad was in the alcove. He's fine.

You won initiative. That was just his surprise round.

digiman619
2016-04-07, 05:06 AM
Aaaahh! Harold screams as he falls.Well, I'm dying.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-07, 11:39 AM
Cursing at the situation, Flavius simply charged at the spellcaster!
Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1]
Bonus damage from stance
[roll2]

Ionbound
2016-04-07, 01:16 PM
Hanna cries out and swears as the stalagmites pierce her feet, leaving her bleeding badly as she struggles through the pain to loose an arrow at the earthen mage, hoping to end the fight before he can cast again.

Point-Blank, deadly aim for 2
[roll0]
[roll1]

Woodsman
2016-04-07, 04:53 PM
Kaltan moves forward, venting his pain and frustration into a loud battle cry as he cuts at the mage.

AttacK:[roll0]

cecil1994
2016-04-07, 05:20 PM
Kaltan and Hanna's attacks fly wide... but Flavius hits the mark.

His blade sheers through stone, cutting out a fair chunk of the dwarf's hide. It screams.

digiman619
2016-04-08, 01:07 AM
Breathing heavily, Harold struggles to hold on.
I attempt to stabilize; +1 Con, -1 HP = net 0. [roll0]

EDIT: Well, f--k.

Zhentarim
2016-04-08, 11:28 AM
Lauren let out a horrible scream as the stones pummeled her. She survived, however, and looked for wounded party members. Lauren, though injured herself, jaunted towards Harold to heal him. On the way towards Harold, she cloaked herself so the monsterous dwarf couldn't see her.

[roll0]

cecil1994
2016-04-08, 05:20 PM
Aravashnial begins to murmur. The air around him grows thick with magic, and grasping tendrils leak in from other places- unexplainable, undeniable power.

Anevia's arrow flies past him. It buried in the dwarf's rocky hide with no sign of ill effects.

The spellcaster roars, and drifts away- the earth carrying him like newborn child. He stops 5 ft away from Flavius, and fires two egg-shaped missiles in his direction. These arcane pulses find their mark- take 7 points of damage.

digiman619
2016-04-08, 07:24 PM
Breathing heavily, Harold continues to struggle to hold on.
Now at -2 HP, so now it's a net -1. *blows on die* [roll0]
Well, now the dice clearly hates me.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-08, 07:41 PM
Trying to keep his calm upon taking damage, Flavius let his dagger fall to the floor, drawing instead a rapier out of psionic energy and striking at the spellcaster as he stepped foward!

Drop one dagger as free, Call the Soul's blade to produce a rapier as swift, then 5-foot step forwards and attack with Disturbing Blow. On hit, the enemy takes a -4 to its next d20 roll.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Zhentarim
2016-04-08, 08:23 PM
Lauren attempted to stabilize Harold. She whispered to him as she worked on his wounds.
"Don't Worry, I'm here."

[roll0]

Woodsman
2016-04-09, 05:02 PM
Kaltan shouts again, trying to draw the foe's attention away from Flavius, and slashes at the mage again.

digiman619
2016-04-13, 02:01 AM
OK, this is taking too long, retcon my action if you need to Aaargh Harold cried as he tired to pull himself together yet again. Net -2. [roll0] Really?!? %$#%!!!

Zhentarim
2016-04-13, 11:01 AM
Lauren again tried to stabilize Harold.

[roll0]

cecil1994
2016-04-13, 06:39 PM
The air around Aravashnial crackles and shifts, opening up a portal to something Else. A hound leaps from it. Aravashnial's shrill voice commands it to "Kill the damn rock already!", and it complies- sinking fangs deep into the earthen shell of the dwarf. The dwarf howls.

The remains of the rocky mass shifts away, and a cracked hand raised in a fervent expression of defiance. "FALLLLLLLLL!!!!" echoes from a craggy mouth.

Tendrils of chilled fervor burst from his palm, engulfing Kaltan, Flavius, and the celestial hound. Roll me will saves.

Woodsman
2016-04-13, 07:05 PM
Kaltan grits his teeth, doing his best to resist the chilling feeling emanating from the dwarf's hand.

Will Save: [roll0]

Ionbound
2016-04-13, 08:36 PM
Anna angrily shouts, "NO! NOT TODAY! NOT EVER!" as she fires another arrow at the stony dwarf, furious at the implication.

Deadly Aim for 2:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tuvarkz
2016-04-14, 12:34 AM
Noticing that the paladin had been stopped from action by the enemy caster's magic, Flavius drew his second dagger (as his soul blade vanished), stepped towards the enemy and stabbed!
((To note, move action to draw weapon, free action to 5-foot step, attack with standard))
Attack roll
[roll0]
Weapon damage
[roll1]
Stance damage
[roll2]